WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-18-2016

Beautiful Devdoh Tigress
This was a chilly morning at Tadoba Tiger Reserve in the month of January 2014. This time it's very cold there but I enjoy roaming in the forest in winter more then summer.
On this particular safari I saw nothing from morning, I thought that today no wildlife for me smile emoticon But I was enjoying forest as always.
we were four people in the gypsy and everyone was bit down because of no sighting, while coming back suddenly we took an another route just to check whether something is there or not,
everyone does this .... suddenly I saw a Sirkeer Malkoha (bird) and I told my gypsy driver to stop as I wanted to watch and photograph the bird. We all were just looking at the bird and our gypsy was switched off.
Suddenly my guide shouted Madam Tiger Tiger !!! I just looked at my left hand side and saw this Beautiful Gorgeous Tigress whom we call Devdoh Tigress was coming out of the bush with a barking deer fawn kill holding in Her Mouth.
I was super surprised to see this shy female near to my gypsy carrying the kill and crossing the road to the other side. It was like dream come true for me because I always had a dream to see a Tiger holding a kill in mouth. Once I missed my chance in Corbett National Park.
This was just toooooo much for me, She came silently and was crossing in front of me. I was shivering with excitement!!!! For me it was Jackpot smile emoticon God fulfilled my wish .... I will never forget this experience in my life.
She had three cubs to feed so she was bound to kill to feed her own hungry cubs .... she was not at all aggressive but looked very gracefully towards us and crossed the road and vanished. I can understand A Mother was carrying food for her hungry cubs .... Salute to every Mother for the struggle and duties they do for their babies!!! I wish to see Her again .....

Beautiful Devdoh Tigress
Tadoba Tiger Reserve
Jan 2014

*This image is copyright of its original author

Journey of Roarmates.
"Together we walk.. together we rule"
Umrer karhandla wildlife sanctuary
Feb.16

" finally last posting from last safari"

@ Tipeshwar- March 2016.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-19-2016

Out of her way!

Maya and her cubs

"The world is nature's palette,
for painting on the earth.
She makes the earth enjoyable
she paints for all she's worth."

Tadoba
Feb 2016

"The King in making"

"Jaychand" the sub-adult male tiger.
(Full screen view recommended)

Lightning ( T-19 Krishna subadult female cub )with sambar Deer kill . I seen her 2 time kill sambar Deer very easil . —

Smelling the wayside flowers..along our current pathway set..

Corbett 

Tigress " SHARMILI"
CTR
#Clawshecat

Two Faces of the Tiger
"HOPE" and "DESPAIR"
Telia Sisters
"Save The Tiger"

#ClaWSheCat

Chandrashekar Kalyanasundaram
Sometimes they test your patience so much!!! He kept on walking, i could hear the click of shutters like machine gun fire, i was waiting for my chance with sweat rolling down my forehead, but He never looked up!! But the temptation to take a head on shot finally made me to press the trigger..may be when i get back in June, he would oblige..

Bandhavgarh is a combination of two words, Bandhav meaning brother and Garh meaning Fort. The legend says Lord Rama had gifted this beautiful fort to his loving brother Lakshmana. This ancient fort lies in the hillock of the Vindhya ranges in the district of Umaria.
Chances of seeing a tiger at Bandhavgarh is high compared to the other national parks. The tiger population has been increasing with many cubs being born in the last couple of years.
This is one of the 18 different tigers we sighted this month at Bandhavgarh.. coming June we are again there, wanna join, inbox me.

Corbett

Kazi Male

Maya's 10-Month Old Baby Boy Isn't Little Anymore!
Have a Look at Him Chasing This Large Male Wild Boar
Pandherpauni Waterhole 2
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

Alhaad Naik
" Like Father Like Son "

Jr. Jai Aka Bittu #Dec - 15

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 04-19-2016

Tadoba Tiger Reserve-dominant male of Jamunbodi waterhole forest.
The Vasantbandara waterhole male Tiger who roams in valleys and hills of forest compartments 121 and 122. Here he is visiting the Jamunbodi water trough.

A big territorial male tiger of Tadoba range, Amitabh walking near Tadoba reservoir.

"Gabbar" - Ruler of Pandharpauni also known as Leopard Face or Sher Khan.We sighted him near Magar Tank of Tadoba Lake Dt. 27-Mar-14

1st safari, 2.45 - 6.45 pm

I was sharing the Gypsy with 3 other people. We left the resort at 2.30pm, and went to Kolara gate, which is 200m from the resort. Tadoba has a random guide allotment system, and we got a guide whose name was Pancham. Decent guy. The gate opened at 2.45pm, and we were inside! Everything was brown and red, with some splashes of green. For the first few kms the track leads to a village. The Government is trying to relocate 4 villages inside Tadoba.This particular village is one of the four. Cats regularly lift cattle from the village, but don't attack humans.

I know that regular human killings happen in Tadoba-Andhari, but when I asked the guide and the driver, they didn't give clear answers. In any case, it was apparent that most human attacks happen in the buffer zone. In the core area, due to relative abundance of prey, cats seldom attack humans. Though there have been 4 deaths from Kolara village when people went inside the forest to collect firewood etc. This I came to know later.

After crossing the village the track takes a right turn. I was initially surprised at the lack of herbivores. For the first 15 mins we didn't see anything except a solitary langoor. Then we saw a few Sambhars. I was hoping that my luck would be as good as the folks' who have visited Tadoba in May. One of my fellow passengers carrying a D7000 with a 70-200mm f/2.8 Sigma with a 1.4X TC. The rest were carrying P&S cameras. The two DSLR guys were sitting at the back. We made sure that we familiarized ourselves with the layout - the stepney was lying on the floor, and was wobbly. Made sure that we knew where to place our feet and how to turn in a split second.

After 30 mins we came to a tar road leading to Moharli. Didn't seem like core area - it seemed like the usual jungle roads I drive through. However, I knew that this was a high propensity road for tiger sightings. After some kms, saw a few vehicles lined up on the road. So double checked the camera, and got ready. In fact, everytime we sensed that a big cat was nearby, it was like 'soldiers, ready arms...' - rifles cocked/ safety removed, ready to snapshoot.

A huge male was lying in a waterhole. The Wagdow male, quite a stud - he is supposed to have fathered multiple litters in one season. During 2012 summer, he ends up spending a few days with the Telia family (tigress + 4 cubs) , and the next few days with his Wagdow family (tigress + 3 cubs). My fellow passenger - who is from a well known rock band in India, and passionate about wildlife - named him Vicky Donor.

So this guy looked at us, got up, again lay down, yawned, and finally went near a clump of bamboos to take a nap. We knew that the cibs were likely to be around. Now especially on this road, the forest guards don't allow a vehicle to stdn in front of a tiger for more than a few minutes - that is, if the guard is around. So we would have sighting for a few minutes, go ahead, reverse, and then join the tiger sighting queue at the back. Innstead of doing this a few times, we decided to check out a nearby waterhole and come back.

When we came back, I could see a lot of commotion and excitement among the vehicles. When we were in position, we saw the Telia cubs - 4 of them!!

The next 30 mins were spent in jockeying for position, taking photos and standing in queue for direct sightings. When we again got to opposite the waterhole, we were blessed for 5 mins. The cubs came out of the waterhole, and started playing - stalking, mock fighting, charging, clawing the trees....

This was the first time that I have seen tiger cubs playing in the wild, so it was a special moment for me. Incidentally, I have held a lion cub in my hands in Orissa Nandankanan (and a cobra and a python) - this was when I was less than 10 years old [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/travelogues/942193d1339849143t-tadoba-14-tigers-bison-dsc_4575.jpg" class="lozad max-img-size" alt="" title="">

I liked this particular sequence of 4 shots: managed to capture a tiger (cub) in motion:

On the way back, we saw some wild dogs. A pup came pretty close, so got some snaps. Saw a nice sunset as we were coming out of the gate. Came back to the resort happy and tired, after having ingested some 500gms of dust. I chatted with the other folks for a while, and then went inside to take a nap before dinner - I was exhausted after having driven throughout the previous night.

Always try to stay in a resort that has good AC and power back-up when going to Central India in the summer!

And finally, a photo of the Bison.

Btw folks, this was probably my best safari - in terms of photo opps - in the entire trip, so keep your expectations in check for the subsequent safaris :-)

Spotting Wildlife at Tadoba
Jyoti Rane,  | 03 January 2014

Tadoba Wildlife Sanctuary, also known as TATR – Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, is situated in Chandrapur district, Vidarbha region in Maharashtra. Located approximately 85 kms from Nagpur and 45 kms from Chandrapur, Tadoba Andhari gets its name from the Tadoba Temple near the Tadoba Lake and the Andhari River that winds through the forest. Monsoon floods the forest with ample water and the post monsoon due to the green cover, spotting wildlife is not an easy task but is nonetheless promising.
In contrast to my last trip to Tadoba in September 2012, the summer display in 2013 was way better. While I spotted the least seen cat- Leopard and a Tiger family in monsoon, the summer forest was very rewarding with spotting of more than 10 tigers, some Sloth Bears, Sambhar Deer, Dholes and Indian Gaurs.
Leaving behind the scorching heat of Mumbai was no comfort, as Nagpur was teeming under a temperature of 43 degree Celsius. I reached in the late hours of night and a sloth bear made itself very comfortable on the roadside. The fun was just starting. The forest was stark contrast to the monsoon stage. The landscapes were hues of yellow and the temperature baked me beyond imagination, but the tiger thirst kept me on. I entered a world, a world of wild.

TATR is a very well maintained forest. Tadoba was declared a tiger reserve in 1995 and the forest covers an area of 625 sq. kms. Primary vegetation includes bamboo thickets, teak, mahua, ain, jamun and tendu trees. The mammal population here includes Tigers, Sloth Bear, Leopard, Indian Wild Gaur, Wild Dog (Dhole), Sambhar Deers, Jackal, Mongoose, Hyena, Spotted Deer, Barking Deer and Four Horned Antelope.
Tadoba forest is majorly divided in three ranges – Tadoba Region, Moharli region and Kolsa region. Tadoba is a grassland area, Moharli range has thick forest and Kolsa region is hilly area. The park can be accessed from all the three ranges. The Tadoba region has a big lake, the Tadoba Lake, which offers perennial supply of water. Crocodiles can often be spotted basking along the banks of the lake.

My last trip to Tadoba got me acquainted to Circuit, Yeda Anna and family. They are not characters from a Bollywood movie, but tigers named by the locals. Yeda Anna was marked by a crooked tail and Circuit, the vehicle lover cub comes right near your vehicle. This time around the alpha male Shivaji crossed our paths frequently. The locals have many stories to narrate of tigers that ruled the area, created havoc and are yet remembered for their notorious deeds.
The hot barren setting offer good spotting of tigers. In summers as the temperature rise, the water sources dry out and the wild animals move out in search of water. The water holes scattered across the forest are the best source to spot wildlife. Personal vehicles are allowed in the forest but on prior permission and nominal fees. A forest guard or guide is compulsory accompanied with every vehicle. Tadoba Sanctuary can be accessed only with prior permission and bookings can be done via the Deputy Conservator of forest and wildlife at Chandrapur. Stay options are limited; hence booking in advance is recommended during peak season.

Taboda

Clicked this pic at the second waterhole.. This guy was very annoyed with the attention he was getting.. heard from one of the guides that he chased a gypsy in the morning safari ..

Destressing in Tadoba

Mahua aroma at this time of the year is intoxicating. Mahua is a Forest Tree in Central India revered by the Tribals as it is part of their diet, their energy drink and economy. Mahua is in abundance in Tadoba Tiger Reserve.
I lost my wife in February. All my daughters and son asked me to take a few days off.
They all knew about my love for Wild Life Photography and suggested I spend some time in a Wild Life Park.
I had been getting excellent reports of Tiger sighting in Tadoba. So I decided to spend Holi vacation in Tadoba.
Tadoba as the legend goes was the Tribal who discovered so much of water in the Forest that in no time there was a Lake !
It now has a Director's camp residence overlooking the Lake.
It has ever green Wild Jamun Trees all around and is full of Crocodiles.
Maharaj Hari Singh of Kashmir visited Tadoba in 1930s and donated Rs. 1000/- to build a temple and Dr Karan Singh visited in 1960 and donated to build the Temple for Tadoba.

In 4 days I saw 11 different Tigers 7 sub adult cubs and 4 Tigresses ! All from a vehicle unlike Kanha and Bandhavgarh where i saw all my Tigers from Elephant back.
Very encouraging indeed. Must compliment Maharashtra Forest Department and Park Authorities for this.
Tadoba has a mixed deciduous forest as compared to Sal Forests of Kanha and Bandhavgarh which are certainly much greener and beautiful but Tadoba has an excellent Habitat for Tiger. Herbivorous are plenty and saw lot of wild dogs.
Tigers in the Tourism Zone were very obliging too ! Gave me opportunity to photograph them siting in water swimming across the lake and unsuccessfully trying to hunt spotted deers.
Could take photographs of Four Horned Deer and Grey Jungle Fowl which I couldn't earlier.
Met Dhanwatey Couple Harshwardhan and Poonam avid Wildlife Conservationists, who have a house in the buffer zone and have conserved forest around their house with a water hole . He has a video camera at the water hole and can watch wild life drinking water sitting in his drawing room !

A Tigeress with her cubs, a Panther , Deer and many other wild animals frequent his water hole.
Anshu Jain from Dutsche Bank, Hemendra Kothari a keen Wildlife lover liberally funding National Parks through his Foundation were also there.
Also briefly met my dear friend Bittu Sehgal . He has brought out an excellent book on Forest and Wild life of Maharashtra . A must in your collection.
Few suggestions to the Park Authorities.
1- The concrete water holes for the animals look very unnatural. They should camouflage it with mud and stones 2- Should consider to have a suitably designed Canters to carry the Tourists which would restrict the number of Vehicles in the Park.
Tadoba is a must for all Wild Life Lovers.

My First Post- Royal Family of Kakarghat, Kolsa Range- Tadoba Tiger Reserve
The grasses moved as a cub slowly threaded her way through the bamboo shrubs to the water’s edge. She silently stood, gave a look at the langurs alert in the trees & stooped for a drink. She was thirsty & lapped water steadily with his long rough tongue. Unable to resist a cooling temptation, her mom also sat up. Her advances from the bamboo shade were clearly visible from the swishing undergrowth. She reached the waterhole, stared at her daughter & dipped herself. Her happiness was clear in her closed eyes as she relaxed every part of her stretched body in water. Soon, others also joined in. Three kids walked towards the pool. The last cub was a homely & pampered female. She gave a cozy hug to all her brothers & sister as she entered the water & sat with an intimate contact with her mom. Then the huge tiger appeared. He was the father- king of Kakarghat. Unafraid he gave a daring look with his mesmerizing amber eyes, hypnotizing his entire environment. The family bath had begun! Tiger's socialism do occur. Male tigers roam their territories & visit tigress & cubs that they meet during their patrol. They share the same kills & really tolerate sub adults cubs that is evident in this image. Even male sub adult tigers mix well with their fathers, share space in the kills. 'Secret Life of Tigers' by Valmik Thapar also hints at many such incidents in Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve. This image is a snapshot of an entire drama worth of 90mins duration... shot in a corner of Kolsa, Tadoba Tiger Reserve. The entire family of 6 slept-drank-played-bathed-tried to hunt together. A remarkable footage captured in image & video. Best is that they were not disturbed by other tourists around. They were themselves all through. This is the same picture that appeared in SANCTUARY ASIA- december 2009 & SANCTUARY CUB POSTER May 2010 Issues. Meet me at: More action on site: www.junglerhythms.com