WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 03-31-2016

One of the most photographed and well know Tigers of Bandhavgarh..The great Bamera Male..

06/1/15

*This image is copyright of its original author

The king in exile..down but not out..pity I could not see him in his prime..he has a limp in his front leg now and is surviving on cattle and by scavenging..confined in a small area dominated by three males in all directions..Bamera..May 2015 —

A picture very close to my heart..Was very lucky to witness and capture the stalking behaviour of the Google cub of suki patia..I was using a rented 600 mm lens and 5d body..There is no stopping if you keep upgrading your photo gear..so I try my best to stick to the rule - upgrade your skill before you upgrade your gear..so I wanted to make sure I had the skill to use a high end lens before buying one rather than buying one just because you could afford it..When the cub started off stalking we could not see the wild boar..But soon I realised how the frame would look like once the prey comes in..I was quick enough to change my focusing point to the lower left end and was just ready when the boar appeared..The next couple of shots gave me a lot of satisfaction as I had rightly anticipated what was going to happen next and was ready for the action..One step closer to the bigger lens in my opinion..

The wild boar saw the cub at the last moment and managed to save its life..If it was the mother,I think she could have got him..

Mukki zone of Kanha never disappoints me..My first wild Tiger sighting was here years ago..This is RajaRam..He was full of scratch marks all over his body obviously as a result of territorial fights with other males..No doubt these males have to go through a lot to retain their area..

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 04-01-2016

I find Bamera's case interesting. 

He's a magnificent tiger, there is no doubt about that, but for the last couple of years he struggled a lot to retain his territory, often coming second best in interactions with other tigers.

One thought that comes to mind here is: "well he's old", but, in contrast, when I look at other dominant males like Munna, Raja, or even the old man Waghdoh, they're still in charge, still kings of their domain. 
My knowledge about tigers is still limited, I'm still learning, so my question is: Why do you think this is the case? I know individuality plays a big part in this, but why is his case different from other males? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-01-2016

The individuals you name once ruled large territories and now they get pushed further and further back, even wagdoh was pushed out of his territory, but Munna has had the toughest road imo. The fact that he is still alive amazes me, the amount of fights that occur in Kahna and the amount of times he's had to test his metal and still walks away is nothing short of spectacular.

But back to your point, All 3 you mentioned have had to defend their territory many times, they are the special ones.
Able to fight off multiple challengers throughout their life times, their rule may be longer than most but it's also subjective. 

Each area they live in isn't ruled by one tiger, each area has multiple territories with multiple dominant males. Usually most of the tigers aren't known since the tourism zone is usually a small portion of the entire park.
Kahna is the perfect example, You have territorial males all over... Red Eye, Paatewal, Naak Kata, Kingfisher, Bheema, Munna, Link 7 etc.

It just comes down to which location, space available and dominant males in the area.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - parvez - 04-01-2016

Corbett,

Orang,

Kaziranga,

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-01-2016

(03-31-2016, 11:53 PM)Hello, Some comments and correction on 2 tigers side by side photo. 1) These are Katezari male on left side and Saturn aka namdev on right side. Please see tiger directory thread for their profile. This was not actually a friends meet. this was severe fight which took place 1-5 years back and videos of this available online. 2) So that other male is not pandu. in fact pandu is maya tigress brother and around 5 years old now. He is shy and doesn\t involve in any territory marking flights. Katezari and Saturn are mature large males; around 7-8 years old.3) Saturn/namdev is not pandu father. It was hilltop male and mother was Nira/bhalla . she died in oct 2012. And Hilltop male; now around 14-15 years old haven't been spotted since last 2 years Wrote: PcktsNamdev 4/27/15

Syed Akhter Jameel

December 21, 2015 ·

Male Tiger............Namdev
At.........................Tadoba
Nov..2015 

2/17/15

A side note, the reason he is named "Namdev" is because he supposedly killed a man with that name and it stuck.
"This Tiger supposedly killed a man by name Namdev and hence the name after his victim!"

Walking Majestically side by side to see other two fully grown adult tigers. Namdev / Rago and Pandu... Experts say two adult male tigers are rarely seen with each other peacefully. Not sure about it though... Namdev ...a name for a Tiger surpised me, On enquiring with our guide Dinkar Chaudhary got to know he had killed a man named Namdev who had ventured into the forest. It was after this incident the name got stuck to him. Our guide Dinkar Chowdhary informed us that this could be coz Namdev is father of Pandu... That could be a reason both were together with out a fight

@Roflcopters The best I could find
02/14/15
Maya with the new male..Tadoba..They were quite far and the pictures were not sharp..Tried out a bw version in post processing..You don't come across a pair of Tigers that often.

Gabbar w/ Maya

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-01-2016

I knew that fight was katezari and namdev, I wasn't sure if they were related, or if they call katezari "panda." I just posted the narration from the photographer.
I haven't seen the video yet, could you provide a link if possible?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 04-02-2016

pandu is the matkasur male his father is saturn and mother tara result of the late 2012 mating when saturn was first sighted which makes him a half bother of choti tara and ookhan ..maya's bro is called rago on TN he looks just like his paps bandara/W male and just as elusive

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-04-2016

(04-02-2016, 11:48 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: pandu is the matkasur male his father is saturn and mother tara result of the late 2012 mating when saturn was first sighted which makes him a half bother of choti tara and ookhan ..maya's bro is called rago on TN he looks just like his paps bandara/W male and just as elusive

Hello Rage 2277,

i had been to tadoba numerous times and follow all these tigers and their lineage since long now.   Please recheck your facts with experts like Atul dhamankar.  Choti tara aka gauri is daughter of Laxmi tigress. Born in around 2009. her siblings were ookhan ( rambhir on TN), circuit , imli. Father was yeda anna. When waghdoh male took over the territory, he killed circuit male cub. Laxmi fled the area with cubs. All 3 cubs managed to survive. But ookhan and Imli aren't spotted in last 3 years. So this is Choti tara aka Gauri. She had her first litter in Jan 14 ( one male and one female) from Gabbar. there are various photos available on this forum of them  together with cubs. Female cub is sitara now. seen in jamni area. Male cub was killed by unknown tiger in June 15 ( supposedly Saturn/namdev). Choti tara is seen now mating probably with New navegaon male ( photo on this forum by Atul).  When I was in tadoba 0n 2,3,4,5,6 march, I have seen her at jamni lake. She looked pregnant. Latest info based on her collar is that she is vasant bandhara area, I feel that area is ideal with lot of caves, thick tress for delivering.

And pandu is neera/bhalla and Hilltop male litter . Very famous pandhepauni litter born in Feb 2011. Pandu, maya, chaya and  forth female. Pandu is very shy and didn't make his area nor he has females yet.

and matkasur male is an unknown male just came into limelight. He came from kolara buffer into core area around 6 -8 month back. I haven't spotted him but he seemed to be around 4 years male.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 04-05-2016

Syed Ishaq Pasha:
Prince of Bandipur , April 2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 04-05-2016

Mrityunjay Kanwar:
The Giant One

Kingfisher (Male)
Kanha.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-05-2016

Monster!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-06-2016

(04-05-2016, 08:38 PM)Majingilane Wrote: Syed Ishaq Pasha:
Prince of Bandipur , April 2016

Amazing, a decade old war veteran and still looks more robust than most territorial males out there. Tfs

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - phatio - 04-06-2016

(04-02-2016, 11:48 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: pandu is the matkasur male his father is saturn and mother tara result of the late 2012 mating when saturn was first sighted which makes him a half bother of choti tara and ookhan ..maya's bro is called rago on TN he looks just like his paps bandara/W male and just as elusive

Rage2277, Copter or shaileshsharadnaik any news about my favorite tadoba tiger, Vasant Bandhara or W male tiger? is he still alive or not. 
It's been a long time since I saw pictures of this magnificent and elusive male.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-06-2016

Bandhavgarh Tiger Stripes

The arrival of the Alpha!!!
The Mahaman male has made his grand entry in Magdhi this season. He sure is there to stay and is claiming this turf.
Image made during bandhavgarh Journeys.

King

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-06-2016

'King in his kingdom'
Link 7 male,
Feb. 2016
Mukki zone (KNP)

Mohammed Shujath

"I Earned my Stripes"
Prince of Bandipur
March 2016

Soumyajit Nandy
Pandit looks back at Virat to check out if the later is following him or not!
Pandit and Virat are the two sons of Sharmili who generally used to move around together. These two have grown up into massive males who will be much sought after in the coming days in Bijrani. Virat is shy type whereas Pandit is quite bold and love to pose for the photographers!
February 2016
Canon 7D and Canon 300mm f2.8L IS USM
Photo: Soumyajit Nandy