WildFact
Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? (/topic-biggest-kaziranga-tiger)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - GrizzlyClaws - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 01:35 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Typical Tigress Tank from Kaziranga,
They just have such densisty to their bodies.Sai Adikarla Photography December 3 ·    
My Own.. Tigress

She was hiding.. watching... and finally shown up after 3 hours of waiting!! It happened when everybody else in the safari waiting at the opposite end, she walked slowly towards my vehicle, growled and disappeared in to the bushes.

Later she gave me one more photo opportunity while appearing far away and being welcomed by remaining big four of Kaziranga. Same photo published in Sanctuary Asia magazine. Yes, she is My Own.. Tigress. — at Kaziranga National Park
*This image is copyright of its original author

He looks like Shere Khan from the Jungle Book.

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pckts - 12-15-2014

(12-14-2014, 03:27 AM)'GrizzlyClaws' Wrote:
(12-14-2014, 01:35 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Typical Tigress Tank from Kaziranga,
They just have such densisty to their bodies.Sai Adikarla Photography December 3 ·    
My Own.. Tigress

She was hiding.. watching... and finally shown up after 3 hours of waiting!! It happened when everybody else in the safari waiting at the opposite end, she walked slowly towards my vehicle, growled and disappeared in to the bushes.

Later she gave me one more photo opportunity while appearing far away and being welcomed by remaining big four of Kaziranga. Same photo published in Sanctuary Asia magazine. Yes, she is My Own.. Tigress. — at Kaziranga National Park

He looks like Shere Khan from the Jungle Book.

Its a Tigress actually. She just looks like a male haha

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pckts - 04-30-2015

May as well add this big boy here as well

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pantherinae - 05-13-2015

@Pckts isn't that Raja?

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - sanjay - 05-13-2015

@Pantherinae You are correct he is Raja from bandipur not a kaziranaga tiger

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pckts - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 04:05 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: @Pckts isn't that Raja?

Took a harder second look at him, you are correct.
He must of been gorged from a full meal, he looked massive. His head seemed to small for a Kazi tiger, he just came up when I was searching and I posted him. I should of taken a harder look.

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pckts - 05-14-2015

A bunch of Camera Trap'd Kazi Tigers. Not sure how they all stack up to the largest since its hard to tell off single photos w/nothing to scale them but they appear to be very well built.

http://wildtigerwatch.blogspot.com/2011/08/camera-trap-pictures-of-tigers-part-4.html

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pantherinae - 05-14-2015

That's not a problem @Pckts Raja looked huge in that picture, and it's never bad to see pictures of Raja, that tiger is a beast, only tiger filmed killing adult gaur and buffalo as well as I know of atleast two other males he has killed including one who where in his prime think one the top of my head he was 6 years while Raja was 10, so that one was quite recently 

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - parvez - 11-02-2016

(04-30-2015, 11:31 PM)Pckts Wrote: May as well add this big boy here as well

I think it is captive buffalo. Or else there are no wild water buffaloes in bandipur. Even the scenario appears to be from kaziranga. It is an example of how certain pictures can be deceiving. We can only guess.

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Roflcopters - 11-02-2016

That's not Raja and Parvez is right, that male tiger is from Kaziranga.

(11-02-2016, 02:10 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: That's not Raja and Parvez is right, that male tiger is from Kaziranga.

Thanks roflcopters based on pictures it obviously seems to be from kaziranga. A buffalo with such huge horns is seldom a domesticated one. The terrain and the huge width of tiger too tell us it should be from kaziranga or at least terai.

Another impressive kaziranga tiger,

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pckts - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 02:47 PM)parvez Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 02:10 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: That's not Raja and Parvez is right, that male tiger is from Kaziranga.

Thanks roflcopters based on pictures it obviously seems to be from kaziranga. A buffalo with such huge horns is seldom a domesticated one. The terrain and the huge width of tiger too tell us it should be from kaziranga or at least terai.
That's not who pantherinae was talking about, I had posted another image of raja looking massive but deleted it since it mistakenly said "kaziranga male tiger." The image you're talking about is definitely a kaziranga male and the water buffalo is wild of course.

I think both of us mistook it. No hurtings please.

RE: Biggest Kaziranga tiger? - Pckts - 11-03-2016

(11-02-2016, 08:15 PM)parvez Wrote: I think both of us mistook it. No hurtings please.

No worries, happens to the best of us.
I wish i could find the image again, you'd see why I mistook him for a Kazi male.
haha