WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Duco Ndona - 11-04-2021

If they are this bold, they are likely not at all detered or impressed with RRM and seeking to take over. 

I don't think RRM is going to last. He barely got out of the last scrap.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 04:40 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: If they are this bold, they are likely not at all detered or impressed with RRM and seeking to take over. 

Problem is that he is not roaring or scent marking his territory since the fight, its natural that neigbouring males will try to take that "empty" area.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mdz123 - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 04:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 04:40 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: If they are this bold, they are likely not at all detered or impressed with RRM and seeking to take over. 

Problem is that he is not roaring or scent marking his territory since the fight, its natural that neigbouring males will try to take that "empty" area.

Im wondering if Imbali male will also try to take over RRM’s territory. He’s currently focused with Talamati pride and DM

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 11-04-2021

On his own RRM can not do anythink to hold back 3 Tintswalo males. I was always just a matter of disire for the Tintswalos to expand in that direction. Hopefully Nharu pride will move out for a while, wait out untill Tintswalos lose intrest and return after.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 06:30 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Im wondering if Imbali male will also try to take over RRM’s territory. He’s currently focused with Talamati pride and DM
As you mentioned Imbali male is focused on other pride. I wouldn't be suprised however if it would be other way around and if RRM would try to takeover Imbali pride.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 08:06 PM)Potato Wrote: On his own RRM can not do anythink to hold back 3 Tintswalo males. I was always just a matter of disire for the Tintswalos to expand in that direction. Hopefully Nharu pride will move out for a while, wait out untill Tintswalos lose intrest and return after.

Thats true. 

"Luckily" for him, if he gets ousted, south of him are 2 single dominant males, Imbali male and DM, he is not outnumbered in that situation and can compete with them, ofc if his leg recovers, if not, as limping nomad, he will be in really bad spot.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 11-05-2021

Photo by Traveljuliasway 

*This image is copyright of its original author

do we know the sex of the two older Mbiri cubs?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mdz123 - 11-05-2021

(11-04-2021, 08:25 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 08:06 PM)Potato Wrote: On his own RRM can not do anythink to hold back 3 Tintswalo males. I was always just a matter of disire for the Tintswalos to expand in that direction. Hopefully Nharu pride will move out for a while, wait out untill Tintswalos lose intrest and return after.

Thats true. 

"Luckily" for him, if he gets ousted, south of him are 2 single dominant males, Imbali male and DM, he is not outnumbered in that situation and can compete with them, ofc if his leg recovers, if not, as limping nomad, he will be in really bad spot.

And we can never rule out the possibility of DM reuniting with Mohawk since they were seen on kills together

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Duco Ndona - 11-05-2021

I think the Plain Camp Males may also become a issue if he goes there.

But we probably should first see how he comes out of this conflict. 
He is not thrown out yet. Or he could be killed.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 01:52 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Photo by Traveljuliasway 

From what I heard. Weren't they 1 female and 1 male?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 02:23 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 01:52 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Photo by Traveljuliasway 

From what I heard. Weren't they 1 female and 1 male?

Yes, The Orpen Cubs, born in February of this year are 1M, 1F.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 11-05-2021

Thanks my dudes, I should really write this stuff down lol

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - 1ofCourage - 11-05-2021

The way I see it, RRM had some injuries, but so did the TBoys, and RRM looked like he went after their faces.  That takes some courage.  They seemed to have only bit him on his back legs and avoided his front and teeth altogether. I didn't see one scratch there.
So, I thought he came out looking pretty good after fighting two young males alone.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - sik94 - 11-05-2021

(11-04-2021, 08:25 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Thats true. 

If things go a certain way, I won't be surprised if any two(or all three but very unlikely) of RRM, DM, and Imbali end up forming a coalition. All three are impressive males and would make a solid duo.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 05:44 AM)sik94 Wrote: If things go a certain way, I won't be surprised if any two(or all three but very unlikely) of RRM, DM, and Imbali end up forming a coalition. All three are impressive males and would make a solid duo.

Dont think its gona happened, unless 2 of them become nomadic, and even then DM will prob retreat to his brothers.