WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-23-2021

(10-23-2021, 03:09 AM)Tonpa Wrote: The Talamati Breakaway Pride:
This beautiful pride has spent much time around Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge and around the Western Cutline, moving from water source to water source. They managed to pull down an adult male buffalo, yet after more than an hour and a half, they had not managed to kill it. This drew the attention of two large male lions who killed the buffalo and chased the females away.

That Talamati breakeaway is prob 3 females with Imbali male , theres no other Talamati breakeaway as far as I know (there was temporary when N. Avocas came, but females returned to the main pride after 2 Talamati boys left in 2018).

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-23-2021

Could be, although they are regularly sighted in Buffelshoek. The September reports says they spent much time around Hoyo Hoyo which isn't too far I guess, 9km

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-23-2021

(10-23-2021, 02:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Could be, although they are regularly sighted in Buffelshoek. The September reports says they spent much time around Hoyo Hoyo which isn't too far I guess, 9km

Even less, they said near Hoyo Hoyo and western Cutline, which is basically southeast Manyeleti and northeast Buffelshoek where those females are seen now for months..

I mean if theres another pride in that area, wouldnt Imbali male link with them? And not surpass them and went for Talamatis? 

Maybe if somebody knows someone from those lodges can ask about Talamati breakeaway so we can know for sure.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 10-23-2021

The Tintswalo males and the Mbiri pride at Manyeleti this morning.
Photo credits: Vestment Mfumo Machavi 

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-24-2021

Imbali male :

Photo Credits : kellys.eye777

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 02:28 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Imbali male :

Finally I am able to get a good look at this guy that is looking for a fight with my buddy DM. Nice pic!!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Gavskrr - 10-24-2021

it bears a resemblance to the golden majingilane mane visually even though it has no connection

(10-24-2021, 08:09 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: it bears a resemblance to the golden majingilane mane visually even though it has no connection

Maybe he does, his origins are unknown, i hope we find out someday from where he came from.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - sik94 - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 08:09 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:

it bears a resemblance to the golden majingilane mane visually even though it has no connection

Very slight resemblance, but nothing crazy like Lubyebye Sr. and DM Majingalane.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 10-24-2021

For me Imbali male always resemblance a bit Kruger male Freddy.

(10-24-2021, 12:58 PM)Potato Wrote: For me Imbali male always resemblance a bit Kruger male Freddy.

He does a bit, especially in the eyes.

There has to be some photo of him before 2019 somewhere.

To me he looks very similar to one of Old Mazithis :

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mdz123 - 10-24-2021

It is impossible to know the origins of any male lion without having pictures of him when young, so we probably will never know who sired Imbali male...

Majingilanes were sired by Robson males if im not wrong?

(10-24-2021, 07:23 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Majingilanes were sired by Robson males if im not wrong?

Either Robson or Old Tshokwane males, maybe both as Dark Mane Majingilane is similar to One Eye Robson male, while Scar Nose and Golden Mane are indentical to one of Old Tshokwane males.. So Majingilanes might not be even brothers.

But yea, its a speculation.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 10-24-2021

(10-24-2021, 07:23 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: It is impossible to know the origins of any male lion without having pictures of him when young, so we probably will never know who sired Imbali male...

Majingilanes were sired by Robson males if im not wrong?

Well said. Unfortunately, We won't never know who sired to the Imbali male. It's a shame, Since would like know who sired him. A true beast of male lion
Regarding Majingilane fathers. Their fathers are still unknown until today. It have been some rumours regarding who could be their fathers. But nothing confirmed so far.

(10-24-2021, 08:13 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Well said. Unfortuantely, We won't never know who sired to the Imbali male. It's a shame, Since would like know who sired him. A true beast of male lion
Regarding Majingilane fathers. Their fathers are still unknown until today. It have been some rumours regarding who could be their fathers. But nothing confirmed so far.

We could find out if we find some photo of him pre 2019, as young male or something, photo might be out there..