WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-05-2021

Tintswalo Males & Mbiri pride(?) by hola.zaha

*This image is copyright of its original author

Mchile by erincle 

Two lionesses in Mluwati concession by annelie_heydenrych

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-05-2021

Here is a response from Tintswalo on FB regarding RRM and if they believe he will recover:

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 10-05-2021

(10-05-2021, 03:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Tintswalo Males & Mbiri pride(?) by hola.zaha

Mchile by erincle 

Two lionesses in Mluwati concession by annelie_heydenrych

Ncila. The pics of him are most likely when they had a fight with the Red road male. The injury are 100% recovered now

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Hairy tummy - 10-05-2021

(10-04-2021, 06:57 AM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 03:17 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 01:24 PM)Potato Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 12:18 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Is it confirmed rrm is ok? If so brilliant news, he must of put up some fight against 2 lions

Could have been 1vs1 RRM vs Tintswalo male and when the other Tintswalo joined the fight, RR run off.

I’ve seen pictures of the post battle condition of both Ncila and Mandevu that show there was significant damage (Mandevu had bite marks to his face and both rear legs; ncila had a very ugly injury to his face over left eye and smaller wound to opposite side of the face) to me it indicates an engaged opponent, not a retreating one.  I’m convinced it was 2 v 1.  I don’t have permission to share the images, maybe the photographer will share publicly soon.  In seeing the condition of the two Tintswalos , I was very concerned for RRM with what I could imagine he looks like himself.  Still very worried actually
I've been interested in lions for a while now and one thing I'm not a fan off is when male lions fight. The brutality of it is horrible. Yes I know it happens and it's what Lions have to do to be successful but definitely not something I enjoy watching or hearing about especially if it's a threat to cubs as well or there's horrific injuries or death. I hope the Tintswalo boys recover ok and especially the Red Road Male who has done really well without a coalition partner.
I was the same when my lion interest started but the more you see the easier it gets.its a tough life for them, Circle of life

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-07-2021

Mbiri cubs 

Ncila

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-07-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-07-2021

Is there still no photos or footage of RRM since the fight? I find that strange..

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-07-2021

(10-07-2021, 06:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Is there still no photos or footage of RRM since the fight? I find that strange..

TBH, I’m very worried.   I’ve read some conflicting information…one that he was seen, then another that he wasn’t.  I hope he’s just laying low.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-07-2021

(10-07-2021, 06:33 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: TBH, I’m very worried.   I’ve read some conflicting information…one that he was seen, then another that he wasn’t.  I hope he’s just laying low.

Tintswalo rangers confirmed he was seen with Nharus and that he will recover. But strange that no photo of him since.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-07-2021

(10-07-2021, 05:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Mbiri cubs 

Ncila

Mandevu at same sighting.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-09-2021

Tintswalo males on their Giraffe 

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 10-09-2021

(10-07-2021, 06:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 06:33 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: TBH, I’m very worried.   I’ve read some conflicting information…one that he was seen, then another that he wasn’t.  I hope he’s just laying low.

Tintswalo rangers confirmed he was seen with Nharus and that he will recover. But strange that no photo of him since.

I hope so, Nonetheless, only time will prove us if Tintswalo source it's 100% true. Since, if there is a conflict of sources, from knowledgeable people, It's quite weird to be honest, since the people is really worrying by the RRM.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 10-10-2021

BREAKING NEWS: Red road male was seen two days ago: We did find him 2 days ago. He's looking a It worse for wear. Lots of wounds on the back of his legs. Unfortunately he didn't even stand up so I can't tell you his status more then that. Thanks again.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-10-2021

Who is the source of that information?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 07:17 AM)Timbavati Wrote: BREAKING NEWS: Red road male was seen two days ago: We did find him 2 days ago. He's looking a It worse for wear. Lots of wounds on the back of his legs. Unfortunately he didn't even stand up so I can't tell you his status more then that. Thanks again.

If he survived so far then i guess he should be ok (if something isn't broken).

I really hope we can get some pictures soon.