WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-25-2021

A young male by Carla Martinez, a guest at Imbali lodge 

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 09-25-2021

Injured Red road male relax after a heavy fight with other lions. 
Photo credit: Vestment Mfumo Machavi

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 09-25-2021

(09-25-2021, 02:15 PM)lionuk Wrote: Injured Red road male relax after a heavy fight with other lions. 

This is Mandevu,  the bigger-maned Tintswalo male.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 09-25-2021

(09-25-2021, 02:15 PM)lionuk Wrote: Injured Red road male relax after a heavy fight with other lions. 

What injuries? Any info?

Mbiri males- ZigZag & Shaka both back on Orpen H7 today
Photo credit: Bernhard

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 09-25-2021

(09-25-2021, 08:46 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

What injuries? Any info?

There’s been much confusion regarding this incident and I’ve sent out a few messages in the hopes to clear them.   The photographer at this sighting erroneously identified this male as RRM.   But he’s Mandevu.   From the comments, he’s not too badly hurt except some soreness in legs.   I have however seen messages from another source that said ‘ one male looks bad’ but I can’t identify who they mean.   I’m waiting for them to clarify and hopefully get better accuracy.   It could very well be that RRM is who they believe looked worse but it’s only my speculation.  I will share what I learn soonest I hear .

(09-25-2021, 08:46 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: What injuries? Any info?
According to that guide, his spine is okay, only the legs that is giving him a problem. Don't know which lions he was fighting with, no infor on that. 
I understand it's Mandevu not RRM. Hopefully he will make a full recovery soon.

(09-25-2021, 10:07 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: There’s been much confusion regarding this incident and I’ve sent out a few messages in the hopes to clear them.   The photographer at this sighting erroneously identified this male as RRM.   But he’s Mandevu.   From the comments, he’s not too badly hurt except some soreness in legs.   I have however seen messages from another source that said ‘ one male looks bad’ but I can’t identify who they mean.   I’m waiting for them to clarify and hopefully get better accuracy.   It could very well be that RRM is who they believe looked worse but it’s only my speculation.  I will share what I learn soonest I hear .R
Yeah, again a mistake by the guide when it comes to id the lions. It seems we are getting quite a lot of that lately from other guides. Not good.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 03:50 PM)Herekitty Wrote: You guys probably know this already, but the Mluwati Concession are still referring to the S125 males as Blondie and Madala the Mluwati males, even after a year of people correcting them. Anyway, this is one of the two new males seen at Imbali. Image by Amanda Taljaard

Thats not new male, thats one of s125 males.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 09-26-2021

Manyeleti update
15 members of the Nharu pride were seen feeding of a baby elephant. No sings of the RRM yet 
Two of the Tintswalo males ,,Ncila and Lambile" called close to Koppies area far from RRM area and where we found Mandevu.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-26-2021

Tintswalo Males Chase Red Road Back to His Territory

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 05:43 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Manyeleti update
15 members of the Nharu pride were seen feeding of a baby elephant. No sings of the RRM yet 
Two of the Tintswalo males ,,Ncila and Lambile" called close to Koppies area far from RRM area and where we found Mandevu.

Where was Mandevu found injured?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mdz123 - 09-26-2021

Does anybody know the age and origins of RRM?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-26-2021

From what I understand he's the son of the white dot Birmingham lioness, who temporarily broke off with her sister, two daughters and a young male and formed the "Red Road Pride". Eventually they returned to the Birmingham Pride without the young male, and he was named after the new pride name "Red Road Male"

He was born in 2014 and could be considered a Birmingham male I guess

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - sik94 - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 09:28 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From what I understand he's the son of the white dot Birmingham lioness, who temporarily broke off with her sister, two daughters and a young male and formed the "Red Road Pride". Eventually they returned to the Birmingham Pride without the young male, and he was named after the new pride name "Red Road Male"

He was born in 2014 and could be considered a Birmingham male I guess

Sired by the old avocas? or northern matimbas?