WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 05-20-2021

@Tonpa That's really impressive work that you've done on the map. To be honest, I find it particularity helpful as I'm learning more about lions in Manyeleti. Thank you, Tonpa.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cunaguaro - 05-22-2021

The larger of the two Mbiri males, these males use to reign over large parts of the Timbavati game reserve, but have recently shifted their territory more towards Kruger. He is estimated at around 7 years of age, putting him in the prime of his life!

Caption and photo credits: @nightjar_training

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cunaguaro - 05-22-2021

Scar of the Mbiri Boys on the move; the males continue to expand their territory in kruger.

Posted: 21 May 2021
Image By: @nightjay_training

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-23-2021

Photos of @EverseenSA on their instagram story of Tintswalo males :

(Mchile)

*This image is copyright of its original author

(Mandevu)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-24-2021

Nine Nharu cubs still going strong 
Six females three males

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 05-24-2021

(05-24-2021, 11:03 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nine Nharu cubs still going strong 
Six females three males

I really admire this male, he is doing a fantastic job as a lone male. Unlike Othawa male, he keeps his pride safe and enable his cubs to grow safely by being there for them, not wandering around.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-25-2021

Don't jynx it, he'll show up on WildEarth next week lol

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-25-2021

(05-24-2021, 11:16 PM)lionuk Wrote: I really admire this male, he is doing a fantastic job as a lone male. Unlike Othawa male, he keeps his pride safe and enable his cubs to grow safely by being there for them, not wandering around.

Well, RRM is prob not confident as OM and he is very aware of potential danger, because he had very rough life, he is on the run with his 2 mothers and 2 sisters since he was not even 2 yrs old, and later on in nomadic phase he was getting chased on almost daily basis by Avoca/Giraffes and Orpen males, he even lost his partner from the hands of other males , all those things which OM didn't experience.. 

He is very aware that he as a lone male cant win any fights where he is outnumbered , so he never tried to face his enemies Orpen males, he numerous times just run away, even in the most recent encounter before demise of Orpens, he just run away, he didn't try to protect his pride and cubs, because he knows that he cant win 2vs1.. 

Because of that RRM and OM are very different and uncomparable caracters, RRM is survivor,and even as lone male, he will prob not get killed and will live long life, while OM only knows one thing, to be "the king" no matter what.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 05-25-2021

(05-25-2021, 12:10 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 11:16 PM)lionuk Wrote: I really admire this male, he is doing a fantastic job as a lone male. Unlike Othawa male, he keeps his pride safe and enable his cubs to grow safely by being there for them, not wandering around.

Well, RRM is prob not confident as OM and he is very aware of potential danger, because he had very rough life, he is on the run with his 2 mothers and 2 sisters since he was not even 2 yrs old, and later on in nomadic phase he was getting chased on almost daily basis by Avoca/Giraffes and Orpen males, he even lost his partner from the hands of other males , all those things which OM didn't experience.. 

He is very aware that he as a lone male cant win any fights where he is outnumbered , so he never tried to face his enemies Orpen males, he numerous times just run away, even in the most recent encounter before demise of Orpens, he just run away, he didn't try to protect his pride and cubs, because he knows that he cant win 2vs1.. 

Because of that RRM and OM are very different and uncomparable caracters, RRM is survivor,and even as lone male, he will prob not get killed and will live long life, while OM only knows one thing, to be "the king" no matter what.
Thanks for the information. I apologise for sounding like I was comparing those males when in fact they had a different background. I wouldn't do it again.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-25-2021

(05-25-2021, 12:42 AM)lionuk Wrote: Thanks for the information. I apologise for sounding like I was comparing those males when in fact they had a different background. I wouldn't do it again.

No its ok, im just saying that lion character is build on to some degree with experience from their youth, and this 2 as lone males have very different past.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Duco Ndona - 05-25-2021

Its always good to see a male lion loyal to his pride. 
But yeah, this just shows how important those years of misery are for a lion and how harsh life can be.
There are no freebies and sadly its unlikely both lions will make much impact in the larger plan of life.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - RookiePundit - 05-25-2021

I realized with info from that video, tha Nharu pride now has the same composition as the neighbouring Talamati pride. Except differences in age of individuals and Red Road sticking to the pride much more than Dark Mane to his.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-30-2021

Any ideas? 

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 05-30-2021

1 of 3 Tintswalo MALE LIONS making his presence known in the Manyeleti area close to the koppies.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cunaguaro - 05-31-2021

Anna Nagel first posted at the end of April a perfectly square on version of this photo. Today she posted this version - YBM with his head slightly turned facing left.

IC: Anna C Nagel.