WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-18-2021

(05-18-2021, 01:21 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: In this particular video I was impressed by its appearance, it is the one on the right. Beautiful boy! It can be seen when it appears at 15:40

Yea, very impressive boy, here is nice to see his size, much bigger bone structures and body lenght then his brothers :

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-18-2021

Btw, how many sub-adult males are there around two years old+ in the manyeleti?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 05-18-2021

(05-18-2021, 04:19 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Btw, how many sub-adult males are there around two years old+ in the manyeleti?

At the moment 0. 3 Talamatis males are in Sabi Sands and the BIrmingham pride sub adults are at Ngala/Orpen Gate so just over northern border of MAnyeleti.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 05-18-2021

(05-18-2021, 07:49 PM)lionuk Wrote:

It is one of 2 Timbavati Nharhu males, not a Nharu male, part of Tintswalo males coalition.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - RookiePundit - 05-18-2021

(05-16-2021, 02:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Great photo of Nharu pride in August 2016 with 10 cubs :

Photo Credit : Christof Schoeman

Its quite remarkable that 9 out of this 10 cubs reached adulthood (2 males disappeared in nomadic life, so 7 now alive) as when Sizanani died, Skorro soon after abandoned them under pressure and 3 females have to protect them vs N. Avocas, Avoca/Giraffes, Orpens, RRM over the years.. 

Hope they will have same success with remaining RRM's cubs..
That is then including Lambile of the Tintswalo colalition? So the 9 minus two would-be-Tumbelas Nharu males lost in Kruger leaves us with 7 remaining - 3 Tumbelas, 1 Tintswalo, 3 Nhrau lionesses? So the composition of Nharu pride is 3 original lionesses from Birmingham pride, 3 of her daughters, RRM and 9 surviving cubs? Or are the numbers wrong? I admit I didn't look much into the actual numbers of lionesses in Manyeleti I only remember one of Nharus to be separated around the time Nharus had an encounter with Tintswalos on a kill and were misssing some cubs since and I only thoguh there are some 5 or 6 lionesses depending whether that one got back.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-18-2021

(05-18-2021, 11:50 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: That is then including Lambile of the Tintswalo colalition? So the 9 minus two would-be-Tumbelas Nharu males lost in Kruger leaves us with 7 remaining - 3 Tumbelas, 1 Tintswalo, 3 Nhrau lionesses? So the composition of Nharu pride is 3 original lionesses from Birmingham pride, 3 of her daughters, RRM and 9 surviving cubs? Or are the numbers wrong? I admit I didn't look much into the actual numbers of lionesses in Manyeleti I only remember one of Nharus to be separated around the time Nharus had an encounter with Tintswalos on a kill and were misssing some cubs since and I only thoguh there are some 5 or 6 lionesses depending whether that one got back.

Yea, idk if that 1 lioness returned.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-19-2021

What are last known compositions of the skorro and imbali prides?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-19-2021

(05-19-2021, 03:42 PM)Tonpa Wrote: What are last known compositions of the skorro and imbali prides?

The current composition of the Skorro pride are six adult-females and 7 cubs

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-19-2021

(05-19-2021, 05:51 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The current composition of the Skorro pride are six adult-females and 7 cubs

Idk if the adult female who was with Skorro breakaways returned or not..

Imbali pride has 6 adult females.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-19-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-20-2021

Made this (mostly for myself), any glaring errors I should fix? 
I gave koppies pride territory to the mbiri pride, and removed Birmingham breakaway since I believe they are in the west of Ngala nowadays, and removed Ximhungwe pride since they don't seem to leave elephant plains/simbambili 

I stuck with tr1x24's format for the most part to keep things standardised 

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 03:17 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Made this (mostly for myself), any glaring errors I should fix? 
I gave koppies pride territory to the mbiri pride, and removed Birmingham breakaway since I believe they are in the west of Ngala nowadays, and removed Ximhungwe pride since they don't seem to leave elephant plains/simbambili 

Did the last Koppies female get killed? I had read speculation that all the cubs had died as she was seen not long after the other female was killed, without those 7 cubs in tow. Short of that I had not seen anything more.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 07:57 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 03:17 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Made this (mostly for myself), any glaring errors I should fix? 

Did the last Koppies female get killed? I had read speculation that all the cubs had died as she was seen not long after the other female was killed, without those 7 cubs in tow. Short of that I had not seen anything more.

Hmm not sure, last I heard is that she entered Kruger with the cubs and hasn't been seen since

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 08:03 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 07:57 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Hmm not sure, last I heard is that she entered Kruger with the cubs and hasn't been seen since

Thank you, @Tonpa

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-20-2021

Great work..

Only Skorros and Mbiris are further north, on very border of Manyeleti.