WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 03-20-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 03-21-2021

just a highlight video of some past footage

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 03-24-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 03-27-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 03-29-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 03-31-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 03-31-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 04-05-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 04-06-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 04-08-2021

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 04-08-2021

Short Maned male hasnt been seen in recent weeks, but neither the rest of Mbiri females, there where only 2 females seen in this sighting..

Short maned male was often seen in company with females, even before when Orpens chased them, he was seen a lot with his sister alone..

Also being the youngest, he prob got beat up a lot around kills and he prob dont get too much too eat near other 3 males, so he might like company of females more..

A lot of comments that he is killed, which theres no evidence, theres no males around to kill him near Tintswalo area.. So lets wait a bit with conclusions until whole pride gruop together..

Also they mentioned that they will give them names soon, they also pointed out that Snip Tailed male is the most dominant one, that male look exactly like Skorro Jr Tumbela male, who is also dominant of Tumbelas, Skorro bloodline going strong :

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Gijima - 04-08-2021

I'm surprised to hear the Nharu male isn't the most dominant. Just shows how age isn't the only factor. 

Also the missing Mbiri was one of the most impressive out of this brothers, despite not have a mane yet. I hope he turns up and I agree 100% people shouldn't jump to conclusions. The reserve is massive and Tintswalo can't possible cover every section, so he's probably just in an area they can't get to.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:57 PM)Gijima Wrote: I'm surprised to hear the Nharu male isn't the most dominant. Just shows how age isn't the only factor. 

Also the missing Mbiri was one of the most impressive out of this brothers, despite not have a mane yet. I hope he turns up and I agree 100% people shouldn't jump to conclusions. The reserve is massive and Tintswalo can't possible cover every section, so he's probably just in an area they can't get to.

Well, age doesnt matter as other boys grown up and reach his size.. He was the most "dominant" before because he was the biggest and strongest, but not anymore.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 04-08-2021

For me debate about how is the most dominant among Tintswalos is pointless untill they will takeover some pride. The order of dominance is shown at mating rights and that who starts roaring first doesn't matter. It is like years ago when some guide in blog or video said that Cleo seems to be more domiant than Solo based on the he was most often leading one at their patrols.

(04-08-2021, 07:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: that male look exactly like Skorro Jr Tumbela male, who is also dominant of Tumbelas
It is questionable considering that Scar was the one first to mate with Othawa females at the start of Tumbela's takeover of Othawa pride. I am not saying that Scar is the most dominant now, but the order of dominance between them doesn't seem to be clear.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 04-09-2021

(04-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Potato Wrote: For me debate about how is the most dominant among Tintswalos is pointless untill they will takeover some pride. The order of dominance is shown at mating rights and that who starts roaring first doesn't matter. It is like years ago when some guide in blog or video said that Cleo seems to be more domiant than Solo based on the he was most often leading one at their patrols.

Well term "dominance" is not defined, some males might be more dominant in fights for mating rights, others at carcasses, others at fighting other males, others in patrols etc etc..

Also, i said this before, people think that 1 male in coalition is always the dominant, which is not true, as i said dominance changes depending on many factors (health, situation etc) and all males are at some point "The most dominant"..

At this case, rangers didn't said that he is the most dominant only because he roars first, they said he behaves like the most dominant atm on kills, leads etc..

For Tumbelas as i said, dominance changes, and Scar might be the most dominant before, but atm is definitely Skorro Jr and thats prob because he is the most healthy of the 3 atm and 2 males cant out muscle him..