WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cunaguaro - 01-11-2020

Buddy of the Orpen males looking a bit skinny with some bursitis of the foreleg at Manyeleti. 
- Posted by Zachary Scalice, Jan.6, 2020.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cunaguaro - 01-11-2020

One of the five young Vuyela males who have made a dent at Klaserie. He for one has been identified many times as a River pride male. 
- Posted by Elmar van Niekirk, Jan.7, 2020.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 01-15-2020

Tintswalo update

The lions have been incredible lately. The Koppies Pride are seen daily, and often in the company of at least one Orpen Male, who is mating with the younger lionesses whilst the oldest lioness tends to her single cub. Interestingly the Orpen Males are not chasing off the sub adult male in the pride and allowing his presence even when the big males are with them.
The Nharu Pride are in great shape and are still moving around the main dam area in the company of the Red Road Male who is looking amazing. He is definitley going to be one of the largest male lions we have had in the reserve for a long time. They have had several attempts on the buffalo herds in the area with little success. We haven’t seen any signs of new cubs from these females.
The Mbiri's are back on the reserve after a small time spent in the neighbouring Timbivati. They seem to be moving far in search of game with little success even with all the large plains game in the area at the moment. This is quite typical at this time of year where herbivores are in peak condition making it harder for the predators.

Orpen male

Koppies Female and cub

Mbiri Pride

Nharu Pride and Red Road male

Note: Red Road male seems to be as big as his fathers.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Peteporker - 01-15-2020

(01-11-2020, 09:15 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: Buddy of the Orpen males looking a bit skinny with some bursitis of the foreleg at Manyeleti. 
- Posted by Zachary Scalice, Jan.6, 2020.

is he thin from mating or is that bursitis becoming a bigger issue?

Most likely bovine tuberculosis.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - 239Pu - 01-15-2020

(07-26-2019, 11:11 PM)Potato Wrote: 08-10-2019
Lions have stolen the show once again. Most prides have been seen, with a standout sighting happening just yesterday where we found the Birmingham breakaway pride surrounding the carcass of an adult female giraffe. They were not eating on it as the Red Road male and young Koppies male had chased them off. That night they were all feeding off the carcass together, but things were very hostile. The young Koppies male is finding refuge with the Red Road male due to the Orpen Males spending time with the Koppies females
are the Red Road male and the young Koppies male still together ?
(01-03-2020, 03:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 01-03-2020
Red Road male:
He is in exellent condition, hanging with Nharu pride, also one of his fathers, the last old Avoca/Giraffe male, was also with them.

(01-11-2020, 09:17 AM)Potato Wrote: 01-14-20
In the centre of the reserve the Red Road male was seen around Main dam with members of the Nharu pride, he seems to be holding firm with the Orpen males pre occupied with the Koppies females in the North. The Giraffe Avoca male seems to be holding on to life but is moving a lot through the centre of the reserve, not sure what he eats but also seems to be doing okay.

wonder why the Red Road male and the old Avoca/Giraff male didn't team up ?

"are the Red Road male and the young Koppies male still together ?"

No.

"wonder why the Red Road male and the old Avoca/Giraff male didn't team up ?"

Possibly old Avoca is already so weak that coming into his prime Red Road male doesn't see him as a valuable companion.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 01-16-2020

(01-15-2020, 04:41 AM)239Pu Wrote: wonder why the Red Road male and the old Avoca/Giraff male didn't team up ?

Old Avoca /Giraffe male was seen with Red Road male and Koppies pride around week or so ago..

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 01-21-2020

The last King of a once mighty coalition, The Avoca/Giraffe male looking a bit beaten,I don't know How  happened this,But probably Disagreement between who feeding first or by Mating rights  with the Nharu Females,South Africa,Greater Kruger

Image Credit: Becka Elliott
January 2020
18 Jan 

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 01-22-2020

Red Road Male,He was sired by the Birmingham Females aka Red Road Pride,Manyeleti Game Reserve, Tintswalo Safari Lodge 

Image Credit Kristina Miller
January 2020

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Peteporker - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 02:40 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Red Road Male,He was sired by the Birmingham Females aka Red Road Pride,Manyeleti Game Reserve, Tintswalo Safari Lodge 

Image Credit Kristina Miller
January 2020

so the red road pride is another birmingham breakaway pride like the nahru pride?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:01 AM)Peteporker Wrote: so the red road pride is another birmingham breakaway pride like the nahru pride?

Im interested into this aswell, as far as i know Red Road pride was a small pride, 2 adult lionesse with 1 sub adult male (Red Road male now) and his 2 sisters, what happened to this lionesses, anybody has any info on them? Are they all dead or in Kruger?

(01-22-2020, 03:16 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:01 AM)Peteporker Wrote: so the red road pride is another birmingham breakaway pride like the nahru pride?

Im interested into this aswell, as far as i know Red Road pride was a small pride, 2 adult lionesse with 1 sub adult male (Red Road male now) and his 2 sisters, what happened to this lionesses, anybody has any info on them? Are they all dead or in Kruger?

The Two Red Road Females now are part of the Birmingham Pride (I think mothers of the white lion)

I have a photos of the females with the whiskers match,I only need upload to them

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:58 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Two Red Road Females now are part of the Birmingham Pride (I think mothers of the white lion)

I have a photos of the females with the whiskers match,I only need upload to them

Oh cool, didnt know that, so they where accepted back into the pride after some time?

(01-22-2020, 04:13 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:58 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Two Red Road Females now are part of the Birmingham Pride (I think mothers of the white lion)

Oh cool, didnt know that, so they where accepted back into the pride after some time?

Yes,The Females