WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 07:03 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Mbiri Young Male Lions Return to Manyeleti Game Reserve

Link doesnt work, here:

Good to see them around, 4th male is prob around with his sisters, he is the youngest one and often seen a lot more with females.. But Orpen males will prob chase them away eventually..

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 07:59 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 07:03 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Mbiri Young Male Lions Return to Manyeleti Game Reserve

Link doesnt work, here:

Good to see them around, 4th male is prob around with his sisters, he is the youngest one and often seen a lot more with females.. But Orpen males will prob chase them away eventually..

Yes...

This sound much pretty right, After all the fourth one, was the one who no had a great mane

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-17-2020

Link doesnt work, here:

I fixed it for him, but thank you @Tr1x24 , it was strange, as the video was properly working in the post itself, when I went to edit it, just not showing up on the page correctly. Was a strange one, but we got it resolved. 

I hope the fourth is with his sisters as you mentioned, but alone he certainly doesn't stand a chance with the Orpens. The one in the back, at the water hole, did appear a little concerned, as the commentator mentioned, but from the looks of these 3, it does not look as though they tangled with the Orpens last night.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Selati - 08-18-2020

(08-17-2020, 08:39 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Link doesnt work, here:

I fixed it for him, but thank you @Tr1x24 , it was strange, as the video was properly working in the post itself, when I went to edit it, just not showing up on the page correctly. Was a strange one, but we got it resolved. 

I hope the fourth is with his sisters as you mentioned, but alone he certainly doesn't stand a chance with the Orpens. The one in the back, at the water hole, did appear a little concerned, as the commentator mentioned, but from the looks of these 3, it does not look as though they tangled with the Orpens last night.
Good to see that they are still around. Hopefully they will avoid the Orpen Males. Hope that they don't disapear into the Kruger like their half brothers the Nharu Males.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 08-18-2020

1/2 Good looking Orpen males "Junior of the Nkuhuma pride" who recently has took-over the Mbiri pride in the Manyeleti Game Reserve
Image credit:  Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 08-20-2020

Orpen male Buddy in very poor condition it looks like TB is finishing him off.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 09:35 PM)Potato Wrote: Orpen male Buddy in very poor condition it looks like TB is finishing him off.

Im so sad for Buddy.. One of the most beautiful males out there, and still very young 7/8 yrs old.. 

His leg looks like Nsuku and Talamati male leg, both of those male also prob had muscular TB, which causes tumor in quadraceps which in a way "eats" muscle.. 

He is struggling to follow the pride and Junior, its only a matter of time when he will starve to death... 

I feel bad for Junior too, he was alone, and finally find a partner few years ago, and now alone again soon.. 

Future of Koppies cubs and pot Mbiri cubs will be very uncertaint..

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 09:35 PM)Potato Wrote: Orpen male Buddy in very poor condition it looks like TB is finishing him off.

Not at all what I expected when I opened this thread, the Orpens has only just taken over the Mbiri pride, what a shock. I figured we were going to be treated to the adventures of the Orpens for some time to come. Very sad for Junior, he might be in for a rough go of it as well. Most of all, I am saddened for what is happening to Buddy, such a beautiful animal, and such a rapid deterioration.

(08-20-2020, 10:00 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Im so sad for Buddy.. One of the most beautiful males out there, and still very young 7/8 yrs old.. 

His leg looks like Nsuku and Talamati male leg, both of those male also prob had muscular TB, which causes tumor in quadraceps which in a way "eats" muscle.. 

He is struggling to follow the pride and Junior, its only a matter of time when he will starve to death... 

I feel bad for Junior too, he was alone, and finally find a partner few years ago, and now alone again soon.. 

Future of Koppies cubs and pot Mbiri cubs will be very uncertaint..

You said it my friend, I am in shock at just how quickly something like this can happen. All of the recent positive developments for the Orpens, and a week later this happens, it is unbelievable.

(08-20-2020, 10:38 PM)BA0701 Wrote: You said it my friend, I am in shock at just how quickly something like this can happen. All of the recent positive developments for the Orpens, and a week later this happens, it is unbelievable.

Well its not that quick.. He had that limp for 1 year, and few months back limp got worse..

(08-20-2020, 10:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 10:38 PM)BA0701 Wrote: You said it my friend, I am in shock at just how quickly something like this can happen. All of the recent positive developments for the Orpens, and a week later this happens, it is unbelievable.

Well its not that quick.. He had that limp for 1 year, and few months back limp got worse..

More of a reference to the fact that just a week or so ago they took over the Mbiris, and now this. That take over didn't involve any fighting, and with this being the case that is probably a good thing. I really had no idea it was this bad. With so many other limping lions being spoken about recently, like the young Birmingham male, makes me wonder how many of those are related to this terrible disease.

(08-20-2020, 10:44 PM)BA0701 Wrote: More of a reference to the fact that just a week or so ago they took over the Mbiris, and now this. That take over didn't involve any fighting, and with this being the case that is probably a good thing. I really had no idea it was this bad. With so many other limping lions being spoken about recently, like the young Birmingham male, makes me wonder how many of those are related to this terrible disease.

Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. 

Young Birmingham male get injury from a fight, there was visible bite marks, so his injury is not related to TB..

(08-20-2020, 10:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 10:44 PM)BA0701 Wrote: More of a reference to the fact that just a week or so ago they took over the Mbiris, and now this. That take over didn't involve any fighting, and with this being the case that is probably a good thing. I really had no idea it was this bad. With so many other limping lions being spoken about recently, like the young Birmingham male, makes me wonder how many of those are related to this terrible disease.

Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. 

Young Birmingham male get injury from a fight, there was visible bite marks, so his injury is not related to TB..

Ahh, ok, understood. Thank you my friend!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cath2020 - 08-20-2020

Bad luck for Junior who will have young cubs to defend and possibly new ones on the way with the Mbiris!  I don't envy him his task ahead! The Mbiri Pride, interestingly enough, had cubs born shortly after Sizanani got badly injured with the Thandi Impi Males.  He languished for some 9-10 months before succumbing to his injuries.  Here they are unlucky again with this coalition if they are pregnant already.  Oh, this is all so awful.  Sad

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 08-21-2020

"Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. "

Buddy acctually was the first one seen with Mbiri female. It was two or so episodes ago in Tintswalo videos.