WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - GhostCatP-22 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 12:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: 1/2 known Nharu sons of Red Road

Credit: Vestment

So Red Road and the Nharus had 4 boys and 2 of 4 left late last year? Or would go adventuring but then never came back?
RR has 2 sons and 4 daughters with the pride? There’s been sporadic mating, any new cubs or any expected?
Thank you!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:31 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 12:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: 1/2 known Nharu sons of Red Road

Credit: Vestment

So Red Road and the Nharus had 4 boys and 2 of 4 left late last year? Or would go adventuring but then never came back?
RR has 2 sons and 4 daughters with the pride? There’s been sporadic mating, any new cubs or any expected?
Thank you!

Of his 4 sons, there seems to be only two that remain and sighted. It’s unclear what happened to the other two. Also he had 5 daughters and to my last account, are still present w the pride.

There were two separate litters of cubs last year but none of those cubs survived.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 09:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Of his 4 sons, there seems to be only two that remain and sighted.   It’s unclear what happened to the other two.    Also he had 5 daughters and to my last account, are still present w the pride.

Wait, wasnt there report couple of months ago that 2 missing sons where seen again with the pride?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-13-2024

(03-12-2024, 09:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 09:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Of his 4 sons, there seems to be only two that remain and sighted.   It’s unclear what happened to the other two.    Also he had 5 daughters and to my last account, are still present w the pride.

Wait, wasnt there report couple of months ago that 2 missing sons where seen again with the pride?

Trystan in a video last year said that the head count in one of his sightings would intimat ethey were w the pride....but he never showed evidence and Ive aske dhim and others and they all keep seeing only two. but even if it was all four then.....there is now only two again in all sigtings or all accounts.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 03-15-2024

Shaka Mbiri feeding on a hyena carcass, then members of the Birmingham pride make a rare appearance on the Tintswalo Virtual Safari. Tristan also mentions the Tintswalo males having taken over the Skorro pride.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - kobe8jf1234 - 03-16-2024

(03-15-2024, 11:56 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Shaka Mbiri feeding on a hyena carcass, then members of the Birmingham pride make a rare appearance on the Tintswalo Virtual Safari. Tristan also mentions the Tintswalo males having taken over the Skorro pride.

dont the skorro pride have subs form mibri  they alive ?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 03-16-2024

They do, a lot I think.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 03-19-2024

Shaka Mbiri still feeding on the hyena carcass. Mbiris, including the Orpen young male and one of the new cubs.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 03-19-2024

This is probably a bit older since Shaka is up north as he and his brother killed the Guernsey male.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 07:04 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Shaka Mbiri still feeding on the hyena carcass. Mbiris, including the Orpen young male and one of the new cubs.

That is a terrible time for the Tintswalo Males to move on. Have they abandoned the Mbiris, or are they just spreading out? I have to assume these cubs are theirs, though the Mbiri Males have been in and out of the area, but I did not hear of them mating with the females again.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-20-2024

(03-19-2024, 10:00 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 07:04 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Shaka Mbiri still feeding on the hyena carcass. Mbiris, including the Orpen young male and one of the new cubs.

That is a terrible time for the Tintswalo Males to move on. Have they abandoned the Mbiris, or are they just spreading out? I have to assume these cubs are theirs, though the Mbiri Males have been in and out of the area, but I did not hear of them mating with the females again.

They visited them once about a month ago. So we have to see if they do so again. But they’re currently courting and mating w the Skorro ladies so it’s not on their mind ATM

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:00 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 10:00 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

They visited them once about a month ago.   So we have to see if they do so again.    But they’re currently courting and mating w the Skorro ladies so it’s not on their mind ATM

I hope they return, those cubs need all the support they can get, and if they aren't present, it only increases the chances of other males investigating, which right now would be terrible. Thank you, my friend!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 03-29-2024

A few members of the Mbiri pride at 5:56, including the Orpen boy and girl and the other subs.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 04-03-2024

Tintswalos at Orpen Gate:

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 04-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 07:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Tintswalos at Orpen Gate:

I was trying to figure out if this was them but photographer said the tail was not snipped on the male...also this was January for context.

the scarring in the back of the one male does remind me of the scars Mandevu has been caryying since he was attacked by the Birminghams