WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 02-18-2024

I was talking about the Mbiri young male, not Skorro.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 02-18-2024

(02-17-2024, 11:05 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 11:00 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @criollo2mil wait, the Orpen male's mother is a Matimba daughter? So assuming Jr fathered him, then he is somehow inbred.

And he was mating with the tsalala female daughter of the Birmingham males also related lol.  The Birmingham Pride has done a phenomenal job also the matimbas and Birmingham males with spreading around the Birmingham Pride genetics all over sabi sands manyleti timbavati and Kruger as well by far the strongest bloodline in this area

The Skorro male was mating with the Tsalala lioness, and they are distantly related enough that it's not a problem. But the Orpen Mbiri boy is potentially inbred, if half-siblings mated with each other. Seems unlikely though.

However... some people believe Jr was fathered by Nduna, who was not related to the other Matimbas. If that was the case, then the Orpen Mbiri boy is not inbred. And the Skorro male would not be related to the Tsalala lioness at all, not even distantly.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 02-18-2024

You are 100% right BUT it’s a lot of variables that would have to align for my theory to be correct it’s almost impossible but nduna and the matimbas had the same fathers or no?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 02-18-2024

@NLAL11 Ndhuna was a half brother to the Matimba.

Otherwise the 3 Old Skybed males would have killed him on the spot when he showed up as a subadult in the Birmingham pride.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 02-18-2024

@Mapokser thank you ndunas could share a father with one of the matimbas therefore if junior was skorro Orleans dad then he would be mating with a someone related to him but the odds on that is insane

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 12:13 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: @Mapokser thank you ndunas could share a father with one of the matimbas therefore if junior was skorro Orleans dad then he would be mating with a someone related to him but the odds on that is insane

It’s about 99% chance the Mbiri Orpen son was sired by Junior.

Buddy was in frail health that could barely move around for his latter days. I’m not sure he was in any condition to mate. Especially not to compete over Junior

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 03:08 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @NLAL11 Ndhuna was a half brother to the Matimba.

Otherwise the 3 Old Skybed males would have killed him on the spot when he showed up as a subadult in the Birmingham pride.

I did wonder if that might be the case, couldn't remember the whole story. Still though it means he was not as closely related as the others. Not from the Birmingham pride.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Maghreb - 02-19-2024

(02-07-2024, 09:06 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 04:19 AM)Cath2020 Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 12:44 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ruiting put together this collection of images of the fallen lioness

The sad, sad fates of the Thandi Impi Coalition offspring....  So many were killed by disease and a few by poaching/snares.  Where is the fourth male of the Tinswalo Coalition that disappeared?  Look at what happened that nearly killed Ncile!  Now look at what happened to one of their daughters!  Only one daughter of theirs left in the Nharu Pride?  

At least Ncile has a new lease on life.  Maybe he can soon keep the Skorro bloodline from that coalition going.... He's mating quite frequently.

yes, only one of the Thanda Impis are left.  

all of them had cubs but I do not know to which mother do the 9 that made it to sub adulthood belonged to.  hopefully there's a few RRM offspring that are from the three TI girls.

I have 3 Matimba, 1 Thandi Impi, and of course the young Orpen female.  2 of original lioness passed some time ago (the last one lost condition, due to buffalo horn swipe to her back leg)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-20-2024

The newest member of the Mbiri Pride.

Not sure of the full count of new cubs, but this was the only one that wasn’t shy for the cameras

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 02-25-2024

King RRM roaring, recently posted.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - RookiePundit - 02-27-2024

(02-25-2024, 03:42 AM)afortich Wrote: King RRM roaring, recently posted.

It's the Kruger male roaring, just a strange choice of a title (RRM is on the video first, in another part of it).

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-10-2024

Mandevu

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Redroadmale - 03-11-2024

Mandevu look like sizinani in this picture

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-12-2024

1/2 known Nharu sons of Red Road

Credit: Vestment

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-12-2024

One of the RR Sons again.  

‘I love the expression of this male lion photographed in Manyeleti, South Africa, in October 2023.’

Credit: Kurt Vedel Søndergaard Kristensen.