WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-07-2024

(02-05-2024, 04:19 AM)Cath2020 Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 12:44 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ruiting put together this collection of images of the fallen lioness

The sad, sad fates of the Thandi Impi Coalition offspring....  So many were killed by disease and a few by poaching/snares.  Where is the fourth male of the Tinswalo Coalition that disappeared?  Look at what happened that nearly killed Ncile!  Now look at what happened to one of their daughters!  Only one daughter of theirs left in the Nharu Pride?  

At least Ncile has a new lease on life.  Maybe he can soon keep the Skorro bloodline from that coalition going.... He's mating quite frequently.

yes, only one of the Thanda Impis are left.

all of them had cubs but I do not know to which mother do the 9 that made it to sub adulthood belonged to. hopefully there's a few RRM offspring that are from the three TI girls.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 02-07-2024

Latest Tintswalo Virtual Safari. The three Tintswalo-Mbiri subs playing. These guys (and gal) have got big.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-10-2024

Junior The Second...Mbiri son of Orpen.

https://www.facebook.com/100000184899564/videos/684457113761233/

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 02-12-2024

So I think it’s safe to say the mbiri pride has been abandoned by ncile and mandevu sorta

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-12-2024

New Tintswalo Safari video showcasing both the Nharu and Mbiris who came into close proximity. Thankfully uneventful

Good to see both of the Red Road Sons were present.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 02-12-2024

(02-12-2024, 10:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: New Tintswalo Safari video showcasing both the Nharu and Mbiris who came into close proximity.    Thankfully uneventful

Good to see both of Red Road's sons together. Do you know if the Mbiri pride is still split? With some of the lionesses off doing their own thing. I feel like I haven't seen all 11 together for a while now.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 02-13-2024

So 2 of red road sons are gone?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-13-2024

(02-12-2024, 11:04 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 10:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: New Tintswalo Safari video showcasing both the Nharu and Mbiris who came into close proximity.    Thankfully uneventful

Good to see both of Red Road's sons together. Do you know if the Mbiri pride is still split? With some of the lionesses off doing their own thing. I feel like I haven't seen all 11 together for a while now.

Idk. It’s been hard to keep track. But three lionesses w all 5 sub adults were seen on koka moya damn last week. This included the two Orpen.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mwk85 - 02-14-2024

RRM (Red Road Male)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-16-2024

This may explain why some lionesses have been apart

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 02-16-2024

(02-16-2024, 09:09 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: This may explain why some lionesses have been apart

4/5 of these lionesses were young, there was only one of the older lionesses (the grumpy lioness), so it seems these are the Thanda Impi daughters and the Orpen girl, if I'm not mistaken. For a change two older lionesses and the Tintswalo offspring were absent.

Wonder which males are fathers of the cubs. I'm not sure if it's the Tintswalo males as these girls have been gone for a long time.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-16-2024

(02-16-2024, 10:41 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 09:09 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: This may explain why some lionesses have been apart

4/5 of these lionesses were young, there was only one of the older lionesses (the grumpy lioness), so it seems these are the Thanda Impi daughters and the Orpen girl, if I'm not mistaken. For a change two older lionesses and the Tintswalo offspring were absent.

Wonder which males are fathers of the cubs. I'm not sure if it's the Tintswalo males as these girls have been gone for a long time.

They have two Matimbas (one is mother of the Orpen) and 4 ThandaImpis.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 02-17-2024

(02-16-2024, 11:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 10:41 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:

They have two Matimbas (one is mother of the Orpen) and 4 ThandaImpis.

Aha I see, I thought it was 3 older and 3 younger. Thank you for clarifying.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 02-17-2024

@criollo2mil wait, the Orpen male's mother is a Matimba daughter? So assuming Jr fathered him, then he is somehow inbred.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 02-17-2024

(02-17-2024, 11:00 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @criollo2mil wait, the Orpen male's mother is a Matimba daughter? So assuming Jr fathered him, then he is somehow inbred.

And he was mating with the tsalala female daughter of the Birmingham males also related lol.  The Birmingham Pride has done a phenomenal job also the matimbas and Birmingham males with spreading around the Birmingham Pride genetics all over sabi sands manyleti timbavati and Kruger as well by far the strongest bloodline in this area