WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-02-2024

(02-02-2024, 09:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tragedy has sadly Striken the Lions of Manyeleti yet again!!

After several close calls these past few years, unfortunately a Nharu Lioness was snared and killed.    Please do what you can to demand the Manyeleti do something.    I’ve spoken with guides and they’re limited in what the can do or say publicly because Manyeleti is Gov controlled

Reshare this linked post with a scream for action!!

if/when creating public posts, it is advised to use this pic and not the sensitive one.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 02-02-2024

@criollo2mil which lioness is that? RRs daughter or older ones?

(02-02-2024, 05:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @criollo2mil which lioness is that? RRs daughter or older ones?

So I’ve asked those on the ground and the thought is that it’s a Red Road daughter.   But wouldn’t say 100% until they see the pride together again

EDIT: New comparison pics establish she was 1/2 Thanda Impi daughters. Now leaves only one of their offspring w the pride left.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 02-02-2024

(02-02-2024, 06:45 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So I’ve asked those on the ground and the thought is that it’s a Red Road daughter.   But wouldn’t say 100% until they see the pride together again

Looks like a younger lioness.

(02-02-2024, 07:04 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 06:45 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So I’ve asked those on the ground and the thought is that it’s a Red Road daughter.   But wouldn’t say 100% until they see the pride together again

Looks like a younger lioness.

Received this which looks at most conclusive I’ve seen

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BorntobeWild - 02-02-2024

(02-02-2024, 09:50 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tragedy has sadly Striken the Lions of Manyeleti yet again!!

After several close calls these past few years, unfortunately a Nharu Lioness was snared and killed.    Please do what you can to demand the Manyeleti do something.    I’ve spoken with guides and they’re limited in what the can do or say publicly because Manyeleti is Gov controlled

So sad!!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 02-02-2024

This kind of tragedy repeats over and over again in Manyeleti, this is so unacceptable.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 02-03-2024

Ruiting put together this collection of images of the fallen lioness

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 12:44 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ruiting put together this collection of images of the fallen lioness

She had face of Scar Timbela and Lambile Tintswalo.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BorntobeWild - 02-03-2024

I am not good at writing. I hope someone who is skilled in starting petitions can consider if it would be helpful.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 01:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 12:44 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ruiting put together this collection of images of the fallen lioness

Oh man she did truly heart breaking I really hope things change in manyleti and all over the greater Kruger poaching is a terrible terrible problem

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - RookiePundit - 02-03-2024

Typical South Africa, sadly.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Maghreb - 02-05-2024

(01-18-2024, 11:29 PM)Rabubi Is it possible that Mbiri pride was the one being darted with contraceptives?  I remember that the reason given for the darting at the time was to control the lion population of Manyeleti. Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 10:38 PM)Robot00 Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 10:09 PM)Mapokser Wrote: For those doubting, Tristan has posted that the Orpen sub was seen mating with several Mbiri lionesses.

As I said particular growl only happens during mating, I remember Dr. Craig Packer talking about this and saying that these growls don't happen in fake mating, that the male do that very particular growl only when he is mating for real.
It's getting worse. This pride is the definition of keeping it in the family...lmfao

Sweet Home Manyeleti lmao

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cath2020 - 02-05-2024

(02-03-2024, 01:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

And she reminds me of the darker Othawa Young Lioness in a way.... The profile, coloring, bone structure.  At first I couldn't put a finger on who the Othawa Lioness reminded me of, and then I saw younger pictures of Scar Eye and of those when he was healthier...the deep, dark eyes, nose shape, and set of the jaw...  I could hardly believe it, thinking Skorro at first, had sire her.   I now believe Scar Eye to be the biological sire of the tawnier one in the pride.  Ironically, both lionesses in this iconic pride are probably the grand-daughters of Sizanani.  When most or all of his sons (depending on if you think Mandevu is his or not) never made it to their absolute prime, his male progeny by luck and circumstance were able to sire females to keep the famous core pride going.  Unfortunately, Skorro Jr. became more dominant after Sassy went into heat.... I'd love for him to sire more of his own in another pride one day, but he really misses his partners and former life....  At least their daughters seem to give him some solace.  They are his last link to them.  

He is more their father in what he has contributed to keeping them alive, then ever his brothers were.   

By the way, do you know if this lioness had offspring by RRM? and if so, how many?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cath2020 - 02-05-2024

The sad, sad fates of the Thandi Impi Coalition offspring....  So many were killed by disease and a few by poaching/snares.  Where is the fourth male of the Tinswalo Coalition that disappeared?  Look at what happened that nearly killed Ncile!  Now look at what happened to one of their daughters!  Only one daughter of theirs left in the Nharu Pride?  

At least Ncile has a new lease on life.  Maybe he can soon keep the Skorro bloodline from that coalition going.... He's mating quite frequently.