WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-28-2023

(11-28-2023, 06:06 PM)Potato Wrote: Lol I would never expect to read such a think out there. I would say it is exactly opposite - I wouldn't give Tintswalo males much of a chances against Mbiris . Tintswalo males at their peak had tough time dealing with single Red Road male 2vs1 so what they could do against such a mighty duo (arguably the strongest we had ever seen) like Mbiris.

Tintswalos didnt fight RRM at their peak, they where only around 4.5 yrs old when that happened (and they won that battle).

Also, Tristan mentions that it was actually Ncile who chased Shaka few months ago, not Mandevu:

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 11-28-2023

(11-28-2023, 06:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Tintswalos didnt fight RRM at their peak, they where only around 4.5 yrs old when that happened (and they won that battle).
1. They were almost 5 at that time.
2. I would argue that Tintswalo coalition pre snare incident were at their peak, that is they were stronger as a coalition than ever later on, especially that they are now probably down to 2 members.
3. They won, but it was tough and it was only a single male while now they are potentially up against very capable duo of 2 powerhouses, a much more difficult task. My guess is that they won't even try to stand up to those Mbiri males and will abandon this territory if Mbiri males will really atempt to stay in this arena. Maybe they will find luck somewhere else where is less difficult competition.

(11-28-2023, 06:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also, Tristan mentions that it was actually Ncile who chased Shaka few months ago, not Mandevu:
"i think" part seems to indicate that it is assumption of what happened, not a recall of seen on his own eyes events. I find that hard to believe Ncile would chasse off Shaka just by himself.

(11-28-2023, 08:24 PM)Potato Wrote: 1. They were almost 5 at that time.
2. I would argue that Tintswalo coalition pre snare incident were at their peak, that is they were stronger as a coalition than ever later on, especially that they are now probably down to 2 members.
3. They won, but it was tough and it was only a single male while now they are potentially up against very capable duo of 2 powerhouses, a much more difficult task. My guess is that they won't even try to stand up to those Mbiri males and will abandon this territory if Mbiri males will really atempt to stay in this arena. Maybe they will find luck somewhere else where is less difficult competition.

"Almost 5" is definetly not lions peak, most males dont even become territorial before 5, yet alone dare to fight territorial males, even in numbers advantage situations.

(11-28-2023, 08:24 PM)Potato Wrote: "i think" part seems to indicate that it is assumption of what happened, not a recall of seen on his own eyes events. I find that hard to believe Ncile would chasse off Shaka just by himself.

Shaka was definetly chased by 1 Tintswalo, but it was said to be Mandevu.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 11-28-2023

(11-28-2023, 10:00 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: "Almost 5" is definetly not lions peak, most males dont even become territorial before 5, yet alone dare to fight territorial males, even in numbers advantage situations.
You mistake "peak" for 'full potential". Peak mean point when they were the strongest and in case of Tintswalo coalition I would say therey were stronger then with Lambile being in decent shape and Ncile being pre snare incident.
Also "almost 5" is when they should be able to beat single male easly.

(11-28-2023, 10:00 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Shaka was definetly chased by 1 Tintswalo, but it was said to be Mandevu.

Made up fact or you have reliable source that confirms it happens?

(11-28-2023, 10:39 PM)Potato Wrote: Made up fact or you have reliable source that confirms it happens?

It was reported in this thread.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 11-29-2023

@Gavskrr Ncila is back to 100% for a while now, I remember that he even dominanted Mandevu over mating rights.

I'm not sure if the defeat to RR affected Mandevu in any way but they were seen roaring with confidence many times since and it's not like he sustained any serious injuries.

If they had Lambile in decent condition they'd be fine but now with Lambile apparently gone it's only the 2 of them.

I hope they can hold it, not only Mbiris brings even more incest to the table but they are entering old age and have their own big pride already, it won't be good for the pride to have them as dominant males, and the Orpen subs would have to leave.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 11-29-2023

@Tr1x24 I remember @Timbavati saying they ( Tintswalos ) chased Shaka. I don't remember ever reading a single male chased Shaka.

Also we have footage of them eating the giraffe, Mandevu and Ncila were together with the whole pride and eventually even Lambile arrived.

I also find difficult to believe that Ncila would chase Shaka alone. The Tintswalos have been avoiding Mbiris and not even replying to their roars even when Lambile was still around.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Horizon - 11-29-2023

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Shaka in Manyeleti.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 12-01-2023

The amazing Red Road Male with his son

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 12-01-2023

Nharus and Red Road in separate sightings, not sure when. Again mention of new Nharu cubs, possibly Silver-Eye's. Red Road looking good but with a slight limp. Then footage of the Mbiri males to go with the instagram post @Mapokser posted four days ago.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 12-04-2023

New tintswalo safari with a recap of the Mbiri visit to the territory and Shaka seen among the Mbiri Pride on the kill we saw from our prior shared photos an and video.

To gauge how delayed these publishing’s are, Trystan shared this encounter on his Ig story on 23 Nov. so about 12 days ago.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 09:44 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: New tintswalo safari with a recap of the Mbiri visit to the territory and Shaka seen among the Mbiri Pride on the kill we saw from our prior shared photos an and video.  

To gauge how delayed these publishing’s are, Trystan shared this encounter on his Ig story on 23 Nov.   so about 12 days ago.

This pretty much confirms that Tintswalos attacked Shaka, maybe pride helped aswell, as older females with cubs (his sisters) where not happy with Shaka around.

Reckless move by Shaka, staying behind alone in enemy territory, as his brother left the area.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 12-05-2023

Not sure I'd say pretty much confirms, but I also think it's by far the most likely scenario, it matches his injuries and recovery status really well.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 12-05-2023

How many females are in the Nharu pride?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 12-06-2023

King Red Road and Nharus at minute 6:40. Recently posted but not sure if recently filmed.