WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 11-23-2023

Tintswalo's tribute to the S8 male

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-24-2023

Interesting times.  

Tristan says Mbiris visited w  their relatives today and even shared on a kill

Later 2/3 Tintswalos joined after Mbiris departed

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 11-24-2023

So... Considering how Mandevu and Ncila coincidentally joined the kill after the Mbiri males left, perhaps they're avoiding their rivals instead of trying to chase them off? They had chased Shaka off a giraffe kill once, but 2 Mbiris togethet may be too much for them.

Still 2 prime brothers like them can't afford not to go deal with 2 invaders, normally lions either accept the challenge or go nomadic, though I doubt the Mbiri males have any real interest in taking over, for them Manyeleti is probably their backyard, similar to how the PCM sees Londolozi in SS.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 11-24-2023

(11-24-2023, 12:56 AM)Mapokser Wrote: though I doubt the Mbiri males have any real interest in taking over, for them Manyeleti is probably their backyard
Once they will be done making cubs in Birmingham pride, they likely might look for next females to mate with and the Mbiri pride might fit them.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 11-24-2023

@Potato I'm not sure, they'll be entering old age now turning 10, eventually the drive to conquer will end and they'll have to settle with a pride to retire, which I think is the Birmingham pride.

Their cubs are still very small and even if they wwre to abandon them at 1,5yo, they'll already be 11 by then, controlling both territories at the same time is probably impossible.

The Mbiris have even mated with their natal pride back in 2021 but never took over, I don't think now will be the time.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 11-26-2023

Mbiri pride seen today. Both Mandevu and Ncile there with them. Unfortunately, according to Vestment, no sighting of Lambile with them in the past 3 weeks, so it's looking likely that he's gone   Crying Crying 
Pic credit: Vestment

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 11-26-2023

Some Mbiris and the phoenix himself. Most likely to go with the photos posted here on the 10th (though those are no longer viewable), so about 2 weeks old.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mabande - 11-27-2023

Anyone please update me about the current composition of Nharhu and Mbiri prides. I haven't been here for a very long time.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 09:50 AM)Mabande Wrote: Anyone please update me about the current composition of Nharhu and Mbiri prides. I haven't been here for a very long time.

We have not been getting much in regard to sightings.

I still use the last known and verified counts:

Nharu: 5 Lionesses, 5F subs, 4m subs

Mbiri: 6 Lionesses, 2 Orpen subs, 2 middle littermates, 1 solo male

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 11-28-2023

So the Mbiri males are indeed pressuring the Tintswalo males:

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Robot00 - 11-28-2023

(11-28-2023, 03:26 AM)Mapokser Wrote: So the Mbiri males are indeed pressuring the Tintswalo males:

It's Unbelievable that these two mbiri males whom are on the last stage of their prime are pushing around the in prime tintswalos

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 11-28-2023

Well, they are the strongest duo out there after all, if you judge by how many clashes and fights they had.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Gavskrr - 11-28-2023

tintswalo are at their peak but have had many defeats if you can say so, Ncila is recovering his confidence after a long time and Mandevu after the defeat to Red Road Male could have his confidence affected, in any case it would still be a 2x2 and generally in cases just as things are resolved through pressure and intimidation without physical confrontation. Tintswalos males need to care if they want to have any chance. Lambile disappearing in his state for so long is a bad sign, especially with rival males in his territory.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BigLion39 - 11-28-2023

Depending on how long the 2 Mbiri Boys have been making excursions into their natal territory as we don't see everything, is it possible Lambile might have ran into them 1 night? Time will tell.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 11-28-2023

(11-28-2023, 05:22 AM)Robot00 Wrote: It's Unbelievable that these two mbiri males whom are on the last stage of their prime are pushing around the in prime tintswalos
Lol I would never expect to read such a think out there. I would say it is exactly opposite - I wouldn't give Tintswalo males much of a chances against Mbiris . Tintswalo males at their peak had tough time dealing with single Red Road male 2vs1 so what they could do against such a mighty duo (arguably the strongest we had ever seen) like Mbiris.