WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 11-10-2023

@criollo2mil Yeah I figured it was probably a bit out of date, cheers for the clarification.

Ahh... it's fantastic to see the boys, and to know that they are alive and healthy. Seems it was just a BIG territorial exploration, or maybe we were a little inaccurate about how far they traversed away from the Manyeleti.

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, I want to see regular updates on Mandevu and Ncile, and see their progress as pride males. But I also want them to go and sire cubs with lionesses they're not directly related to.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - RookiePundit - 11-10-2023

Yeah, I concur, ideally Lambile would stick around long enough to enable the youngsters to grow up enough, possibly with the other two brothers visiting at times while securing another pride somewhat nearby they would focus on (and we don't lose sight of them completely).

Which reminds me, are the Red Road's sons closely related to Mbiris or would them moving one pride to the north once they are ready would be a good match?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 05:46 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: Yeah, I concur, ideally Lambile would stick around long enough to enable the youngsters to grow up enough, possibly with the other two brothers visiting at times while securing another pride somewhat nearby they would focus on (and we don't lose sight of them completely).

Which reminds me, are the Red Road's sons closely related to Mbiris or would them moving one pride to the north once they are ready would be a good match?

Both Nharu and Mbiri prides have Matimba and Thanda Impi daughters so there’s a connection in that aspect.

(11-10-2023, 12:22 AM)NLAL11 Wrote: @criollo2mil Yeah I figured it was probably a bit out of date, cheers for the clarification.

Ahh... it's fantastic to see the boys, and to know that they are alive and healthy. Seems it was just a BIG territorial exploration, or maybe we were a little inaccurate about how far they traversed away from the Manyeleti.

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, I want to see regular updates on Mandevu and Ncile, and see their progress as pride males. But I also want them to go and sire cubs with lionesses they're not directly related to.

I understand and empathize w this conundrum also.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 07:55 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 05:46 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: Yeah, I concur, ideally Lambile would stick around long enough to enable the youngsters to grow up enough, possibly with the other two brothers visiting at times while securing another pride somewhat nearby they would focus on (and we don't lose sight of them completely).

Both Nharu and Mbiri prides have Matimba and Thanda Impi daughters so there’s a connection in that aspect.

And I might be mistaken on this, but weren't the Nharu pride a Birmingham breakway pride? That the three original lionesses were sisters of the BBoys? And Red Road is from the Birmingham Pride? And the Matimbas were also from... the Birmingham Pride?

(11-10-2023, 03:15 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 07:55 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

And I might be mistaken on this, but weren't the Nharu pride a Birmingham breakway pride? That the three original lionesses were sisters of the BBoys? And Red Road is from the Birmingham Pride? And the Matimbas were also from... the Birmingham Pride?

Yes. Correct on all three counts.

The name Nharu is the local word for THREE used because of the original THREE lionesses of the pride. They were indeed Agemates to the Birmingham/Gowrie Males.

Red Road is from an older generation born in the Birmingham Pride. Two of his siblings (cousins) are the middle two lionesses in the Pride today. They’re daughters and sons to the Matimba Male agemates/generation

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 11-11-2023

Kruger Male by David Hayward, not sure who he's mating with.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 11-11-2023

Ncile seen with the Mbiri pride
Pic credit: Vestment Mfumo Machavi

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-11-2023

Good news coming from the Manyeleti.  

Seems all three Tintswalos have reunited w the pride at one time or another in these last two days.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-11-2023

Great recent sighting of 2/3 Tintswalo males resting.

Credits to Madagascar Natural Tours

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 11-14-2023

Latest Tintswalo video. 2nd part of the drive from the previous upload, so another glimpse of the Nharus. Most likely 2-3 weeks old at this point though.

He twice mentioned Red Road's TWO sons. I thought there was a 3rd boy, or has he been gone for a while now? @criollo2mil what do your assets in the field say about the Nharu boys?

Also some rather entertaining wild dog puppies terrorising the local zebras, hyenas, vultures and 'no entry' signs.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-15-2023

(11-14-2023, 09:33 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Latest Tintswalo video. 2nd part of the drive from the previous upload, so another glimpse of the Nharus. Most likely 2-3 weeks old at this point though.

He twice mentioned Red Road's TWO sons. I thought there was a 3rd boy, or has he been gone for a while now? @criollo2mil what do your assets in the field say about the Nharu boys?

Also some rather entertaining wild dog puppies terrorising the local zebras, hyenas, vultures and 'no entry' signs.

its supposed to be 4 total boys in the Nharu.   for a very log time, Tristan and Bill Drew could only account for two.   the assumption at the time was they were wither pushed out by RRM or disappeared for other reasons.

but last month i think, he did a video and counted the full compliment of 14  lions (5 Adult Lionesses, 5 Female and 4 Male RRM offspring) so I was happy to hear because it meant the two other boys had returned.

Bill had moved on to Singita now and he was who kept me pretty much in touch with what he saw.   Tristan is a bit less responsive when I reach out to him so I cant tell what has been going on.

sightings of the pride have really slowed down in last few months, adding to the difficulty of getting a good account of them.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 11-15-2023

(11-15-2023, 12:33 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 09:33 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Latest Tintswalo video. 2nd part of the drive from the previous upload, so another glimpse of the Nharus. Most likely 2-3 weeks old at this point though.

its supposed to be 4 total boys in the Nharu.   for a very log time, Tristan and Bill Drew could only account for two.   the assumption at the time was they were wither pushed out by RRM or disappeared for other reasons.

but last month i think, he did a video and counted the full compliment of 14  lions (5 Adult Lionesses, 5 Female and 4 Male RRM offspring) so I was happy to hear because it meant the two other boys had returned.

Bill had moved on to Singita now and he was who kept me pretty much in touch with what he saw.   Tristan is a bit less responsive when I reach out to him so I cant tell what has been going on.

sightings of the pride have really slowed down in last few months, adding to the difficulty of getting a good account of them.

Ahah yes you're right it was 4, now I remember hearing the 5F/4M split mentioned in that video of them all shivering in the rain, separated from the adults. Anyway, very confusing. Maybe he meant there were only two at that sighting, but the wording was a bit strange if that was the case.

It must be a little frustrating trying to gather this information when the people at the other end aren't very communicative. But unfortunately for us they're not exactly obliged to do so.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 11-16-2023

So junior nkuhuma his son is ncile and mandevus brother and junior nkuhuma his dad was nduna?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-17-2023

(11-16-2023, 11:24 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: So junior nkuhuma his son is ncile and mandevus brother and junior nkuhuma his dad was nduna?

Ncile and Mandevu are sired by Thanda Impi males (Skorro and Sizanani).