WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 10-15-2023

I didn't think Mbiria ousted them, and still think it doesn't make sense they did, I mean there was no clash and Mbiris had roared in Tintswalo territory multiple times before and it never impacted them even when Ncila was out and he is back at 100% now.

Still this is very weird, it doesn't feel like Tintswalos just "decided" to expand and the Mbiri pride followed, leaving their territory. Prides don't abandon their territory so easily.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 10-15-2023

(10-15-2023, 04:30 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I didn't think Mbiria ousted them, and still think it doesn't make sense they did, I mean there was no clash and Mbiris had roared in Tintswalo territory multiple times before and it never impacted them even when Ncila was out and he is back at 100% now.

Still this is very weird, it doesn't feel like Tintswalos just "decided" to expand and the Mbiri pride followed, leaving their territory. Prides don't abandon their territory so easily.

Yeah, the way it was reported when it happened was that Mandevu and Lambile were off patrolling way up north, Ncila was never mentioned during the entire thing, and that the Mbiri Males chased and scattered the pride, then very soon afterwards, like the next day, the Mbiri Males left again, and the entire pride, Mandevu, and Ncila were seen well outside of their regular territory, in Kruger, and there was no mention of Lambile. Now some of the pride is trickling back into Manyeleti, so I am not sure what has happened to be quite honest, or even who is where at the moment.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-15-2023

Lambile

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 10-17-2023

On the Kruger roads right by the top north east corner of the Manyeleti, same numbers as the tintswalo video, Skorro Pride?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-18-2023

Looks like Ncila and Mandevu have splintered away from Lambile ( who likely cannot keep up w his frail health) and seem to be finally leaving their natal pride behind.  I think this is quite deep and away from their territory.   Here Ziggy captures them seen scent marking

“2 Big Male lion I do not know. Orpen main road towards Satara close to Bobbejaankrans. 1 Male tip of tail gone.”

Credit Ziggy Hugo

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Robot00 - 10-18-2023

Are they in the area where the six mayambula boys are?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 10-18-2023

Amazing to see the brothers rediscovering their bond. And while this is a sad turn of events for Lambile, it's probably best that these two boys have moved on. Now the Mbiri pride can gain some new (and hopefully unrelated) pride males. Unfortunately Lambile's days are probably numbered, but I hope Mandevu and Ncile are successful. I don't see any reason why they won't be.

In my opinion I don't think it would be a bad thing if the Kambula Boys came north and took over the Manyeleti. Would be better than the Mbiri males sensing the absence of pride males and moving south permanently.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 10-18-2023

(10-18-2023, 11:29 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Are they in the area where the six mayambula boys are?

Close, Myambulas are further east around s36.

They where also close to Mongawanes, who recently also show up near this area.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-18-2023

(10-18-2023, 11:29 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Are they in the area where the six mayambula boys are?

For context, this is the region

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 10-19-2023

I never thought they'd split from Lambile by abandoning their territory.

I hope the youngsters can survive but I'm sure it won't take long for othet males to take that territory and poor Lambile won't be able to do anything.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 10-19-2023

I hope I really hope lambile finds his brother io skorro jr is very far away and they haven’t seen eachother is 3 years and it probably won’t happen but they need eachother

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Duco Ndona - 10-19-2023

I guess they were ready to start their own life. Seeking out lionesses and adventure and all that. 
Lambile apparently wasn't willing to go nomadic and was left behind. 

The same will probably could happen to Mohawk Avoca and his sons.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-19-2023

Lambile, The Orpen Sub Male and one lioness have captured an impala withing the boundaries of their territory

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 10-19-2023

How old is the Orpen son again?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 10-19-2023

(10-19-2023, 06:01 AM)Mapokser Wrote: How old is the Orpen son again?

Born Feb 2021