WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 09-07-2023

(09-06-2023, 11:55 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah when he first showed up in the Manyeleti in June 2020 he was already decently sized. It had only been a year since the S8 had taken over the Imbali Pride

*This image is copyright of its original author

Are those some of the first pics we have of him? For some reason, I pictured him a lot smaller when he shared that meal with Dark Mane, which was my introduction to him, perhaps it was just because he was standing next to DM who was an absolute monster of a male.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 01:23 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 11:55 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah when he first showed up in the Manyeleti in June 2020 he was already decently sized. It had only been a year since the S8 had taken over the Imbali Pride

Are those some of the first pics we have of him? For some reason, I pictured him a lot smaller when he shared that meal with Dark Mane, which was my introduction to him, perhaps it was just because he was standing next to DM who was an absolute monster of a male.

I think the first pictures of him yeah, and then 6 months later with DM [Photos by Lynn Parrymore]

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 01:41 AM)Tonpa Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 01:23 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

I think the first pictures of him yeah, and then 6 months later with DM [Photos by Lynn Parrymore]

Definitely bigger than I remembered. Thanks Bro!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-10-2023

Mluwati concession

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 12:59 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mluwati concession

Hmm, what is happening here, looks like 2 males are competing for female, both injured on face, but, those are not Leeubrons.

This Toorchwood/Kruger male:

And male who got the female, im not sure, should be Skybed son? I didnt see him in a while:

Very interesting dynamic.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Zigzag - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 12:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 12:59 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mluwati concession

Hmm, what is happening here, looks like 2 males are competing for female, both injured on face, but, those are not Leeubrons.

This Toorchwood/Kruger male:

And male who got the female, im not sure, should be Skybed son? I didnt see him in a while:

Very interesting dynamic.

Facial scars?? Do you think these males might be involved in s avoca disappearance?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 01:46 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Facial scars?? Do you think these males might be involved in s avoca disappearance?

No, fresh wounds, they fighted for that female, these 2 are not in a coalition (for now).

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-12-2023

Mantimahle son seen by Jana du Plessis

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-13-2023

12 members of the Skorro Pride

Saw this IG conversation a while back regarding them, a lot more around

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 09-14-2023

@Tonpa is this the same Skorro pride controlled by Mbiri males a few years ago? Are the youngsters Mbiri offspring?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 09-14-2023

(09-14-2023, 12:25 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tonpa is this the same Skorro pride controlled by Mbiri males a few years ago? Are the youngsters Mbiri offspring?

Yessir, I believe the parentage of those 3-4 year olds is disputed

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 09-14-2023

(09-14-2023, 12:25 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tonpa is this the same Skorro pride controlled by Mbiri males a few years ago? Are the youngsters Mbiri offspring?
(09-14-2023, 12:44 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Yessir, I believe the parentage of those 3-4 year olds is disputed

Younger subs are Mbiris, but these 2 young males look quite big, as first offspring of Mbiris was born somewhere towards late 2020.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - kobe8jf1234 - 09-14-2023

(09-13-2023, 09:12 PM)Tonpa Wrote: 12 members of the Skorro Pride

great new have not been any updates on this pride until now how many cubs were males and females when last update of the pride they were father by mbiri males

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - kobe8jf1234 - 09-14-2023

(09-14-2023, 01:02 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 12:44 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Yessir, I believe the parentage of those 3-4 year olds is disputed

Younger subs are Mbiris, but these 2 young males look quite big, as first offspring of Mbiris was born somewhere towards late 2020.

could be herclues and samtura

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 09-14-2023

(09-13-2023, 09:12 PM)Tonpa Wrote: 12 members of the Skorro Pride

I'm with Tristan, I have never heard of them called the Kingfisher Pride either, in fact I'm not sure I have ever heard of the Kingfisher Pride at all.