WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 09:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote: While this is great to see, for so many reasons, it causes a little confusion. I am not sure when these things are being recorded/posted, but the guide claims that these "new" injuries on Mandevu are in fact from that fight with Red Road.

This giraffe sighting is not recent.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 09:56 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 09:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote: While this is great to see, for so many reasons, it causes a little confusion. I am not sure when these things are being recorded/posted, but the guide claims that these "new" injuries on Mandevu are in fact from that fight with Red Road.

This giraffe sighting is not recent.

I was not aware of that, so thank you. But, the point I was making, those appear to be the exact same facial injuries he has in the "bruised and battered" post by @Tonpa in post 2,576.

Regardless, I am really happy to see them all getting close like they used to be, with the dynamics shifting all around, the better all three are together, the better it will be for them and the Mbiris.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BigLion39 - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 10:31 PM)BA0701 Wrote: I was not aware of that, so thank you. But, the point I was making, those appear to be the exact same facial injuries he has in the "bruised and battered" post by @Tonpa in post 2,576.

Regardless, I am really happy to see them all getting close like they used to be, with the dynamics shifting all around, the better all three are together, the better it will be for them and the Mbiris

Mandevu facial injuries were from RR but his back (spine) injuries should be from that group of lionesses he approached a few weeks ago; i forget which pride, maybe Nharu?....  Then he also fought Ncile on the giraffe kill as well, possible Ncile opened up those injuries again.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 04:10 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 10:31 PM)BA0701 Wrote: I was not aware of that, so thank you. But, the point I was making, those appear to be the exact same facial injuries he has in the "bruised and battered" post by @Tonpa in post 2,576.

Regardless, I am really happy to see them all getting close like they used to be, with the dynamics shifting all around, the better all three are together, the better it will be for them and the Mbiris

Mandevu facial injuries were from RR but his back (spine) injuries should be from that group of lionesses he approached a few weeks ago; i forget which pride, maybe Nharu?....  Then he also fought Ncile on the giraffe kill as well, possible Ncile opened up those injuries again.

I thought it was confirmed that the Nharu lionesses attacked him during the RR fight. From my understanding, the facial injuries and the spinal injuries occurred during the same incident.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 08-07-2023

(08-06-2023, 08:40 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

I thought it was confirmed that the Nharu lionesses attacked him during the RR fight. From my understanding, the facial injuries and the spinal injuries occurred during the same incident.

I believe that it wasn't confirmed but assumed that Nharu lionesses attacked Mandevu. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 12:39 AM)afortich Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 08:40 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

I believe that it wasn't confirmed but assumed that Nharu lionesses attacked Mandevu. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know for sure, myself. I was of the impression that the Nharus were involved, perhaps that was merely speculation. I did not see them attacking him, I only saw RR locked onto his face.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 08-08-2023

Mandevu and Ncila by Vestment Mfumo Machavi

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 02:03 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mandevu and Ncila by Vestment Mfumo Machavi

So happy for Ncile, unfortunatley this is not so good for Lambile, as he is now back to 3rd in rankings, and with his disease, that might be a problem.

Will be interesting to see if these 2 will try to take on RR now, as Mandevu showed interest there, or if RR "scared" Mandevu off .

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 08-09-2023

Imbali males + nomad 

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Horizon - 08-09-2023

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 11:03 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Imbali males + nomad 

Any idea where are 2 older Imbali sons, they left these guys earlier ?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-09-2023

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tonpa - 08-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 06:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-09-2023, 11:03 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Imbali males + nomad 

Any idea where are 2 older Imbali sons, they left these guys earlier ?

we had some sightings in 2022 of 2-3 young nomadic males in the area, I think they went east and got chased by the Nwaswitsontso males at one point. After that nothing

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 08-11-2023

(08-08-2023, 02:13 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 02:03 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mandevu and Ncila by Vestment Mfumo Machavi

So happy for Ncile, unfortunatley this is not so good for Lambile, as he is now back to 3rd in rankings, and with his disease, that might be a problem.

Will be interesting to see if these 2 will try to take on RR now, as Mandevu showed interest there, or if RR "scared" Mandevu off .

I agree about Lambile. I feel terrible for him because I am but sure he would have lasted this long if it hadn’t been that Ncila got knocked down the pecking order. He’s my favorite of the three because I’ve followed him the closest and now I’m feeling sad that he’s got hard times coming up again.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 08-12-2023

Red Road Male bonding w one of his FOUR sons……yes. 4.

The photographer in the comments confirms 4 males were with him at the sighting…..this is huge huge great news.

The sighting was on SS but I’m posting here cause the guide did say they returned north so I suspect this wasn’t a long term thing…..for now at least.

‘ A great recent sighting of the mighty Red Road Male lion, a true Solo Beast and a fierce protector of the Nahru pride, he has proven to be an indomitable force!’

?Buffelshoek, South Africa
Photographer Credit:- @simsscave