WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 07-24-2023

How old is the Red Road male? When was he born, do we know the year and month?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 11:20 AM)Mapokser Wrote: How old is the Red Road male? When he was born, do we know the year and month?

Its 2014, idk which month tho, i think early to mid.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mwk85 - 07-24-2023

Clear look at Mandevu's face. Looks to be healing up rather well.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tylermartin! - 07-25-2023

What Pride was the Red Road Male Born in and who was his father?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 12:20 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: What Pride was the Red Road Male Born in and who was his father?

RRM was born Into the Birmingham Pride. He is son of the White Dot lioness who is now a 16 year old mother w the group that is with the white lioness.

You’ll get differing opinions on who his father is, but I am of the belief he was sired by Skorro Male ( of Thanda Impi )

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 07-25-2023

People say RR looks like the Tumbela male and his father.

I think I can see some small resemblance between Mandevu and the 2 Skorros, but not with RR, I don't see him resembling Skorro or any of his sons.

Maybe it's just that I'm not looking at the right photos but still.

(07-25-2023, 12:27 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 12:20 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: What Pride was the Red Road Male Born in and who was his father?

RRM was born Into the Birmingham Pride.   He is son of the White Dot lioness who is now a 16 year old mother w the group that is with the white lioness.  

You’ll get differing opinions on who his father is, but I am of the belief he was sired by Skorro Male ( of Thanda Impi )

So he was born in the Birmingham pride son of the matimbas sister? And son of Thanda Impi Males meaning Skorro Jr (Scar Limper) Red Road and Mandeavu Ncile Lambile all have the same father/ fathered by the same coalition

(07-25-2023, 01:39 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: So he was born in the Birmingham pride son of the matimbas sister? And son of Thanda Impi Males meaning Skorro Jr (Scar Limper) Red Road and Mandeavu Ncile Lambile all have the same father/ fathered by the same coalition

Yes. He’s half brother of YBM (Osindile)…white Dot is indeed a Matimba agemate/sister.

A Note, Skorro sired RRM before he found Sizanani and they became Thanda Impi so read below on the caveat:

So regarding the Tumbelas/Tintswalo , he would only be related to those sired by Skorro…..not Sizanani. Most believe that is Mandevu, Ncila , and Skorro Tumbela….but most believe Scar, Lambile and Limper were sired by Sizanani.

The alternative opinion is that his fathers were old Avoca Girrafe Males,,,,if you believe that version, then he’s full brother to YBM having same mother and father (Brutus) and would be half brother to the S and N Avocas

(07-25-2023, 01:54 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 01:39 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: So he was born in the Birmingham pride son of the matimbas sister? And son of Thanda Impi Males meaning Skorro Jr (Scar Limper) Red Road and Mandeavu Ncile Lambile all have the same father/ fathered by the same coalition

Yes.   He’s half brother of YBM (Osindile)…white Dot is indeed a Matimba agemate/sister.  

A Note, Skorro sired RRM before he found Sizanani and they became Thanda Impi so read below on the caveat:

So regarding the Tumbelas/Tintswalo , he would only be related to those sired by Skorro…..not Sizanani.   Most believe that is Mandevu, Ncila , and Skorro Tumbela….but most believe Scar, Lambile and Limper were sired by Sizanani.  

The alternative opinion is that his fathers were old Avoca Girrafe Males,,,,if you believe that version, then he’s full brother  to YBM having same mother and father (Brutus) and would be half brother to the S and N Avocas

That’s insane… it’s crazy how many of these lions are related

(07-25-2023, 03:18 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: That’s insane… it’s crazy how many of these lions are related

Yepp.  The Birmingham Pride bloodline exists in every pride of Sabi sand except for the Selati/Southern and I think Sand River Prides.  

- Othowas - Daughters to Tumbelas whom are sons Of Nharu which were born into the BP
- Ximunghwe - Gingerella is a Matimba daughter
- Mhangeni - Tinya is BBoy Daughter
- Nkuhuma Breakaways - Ridge Nose is Matimba Daughter
- Nkuhuma - Chela is Matimba daughter and 3 BBoy daughters
- Talamatis - I’m going to cheat and say the breakaways have 1 or 2 sub adults from the Matimba daughter
- Styx - has a BBoy daughter
- kambulas - Birmingham all over
- Tsalala - Bboy daughter

I know very little of torchwood pride lineage and they’re sorta in and out of the ss lands but I believe they have Matimba offspring and I believe some siblings of the TW YM of the Mongawane

Did I leave out any prides ?

Fourways?   Not sure they’re considered Sabi Sand anymore?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mwk85 - 07-25-2023

RRM (Red Road Male)

(07-25-2023, 04:23 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 03:18 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: That’s insane… it’s crazy how many of these lions are related

Yepp.  The Birmingham Pride bloodline exists in every pride of Sabi sand except for the Selati/Southern and I think Sand River Prides.  

- Othowas - Daughters to Tumbelas whom are sons Of Nharu which were born into the BP
- Ximunghwe - Gingerella is a Matimba daughter
- Mhangeni - Tinya is BBoy Daughter
- Nkuhuma Breakaways - Ridge Nose is Matimba Daughter
- Nkuhuma - Chela is Matimba daughter and 3 BBoy daughters
- Talamatis - I’m going to cheat and say the breakaways have 1 or 2 sub adults from the Matimba daughter
- Styx - has a BBoy daughter
- kambulas - Birmingham all over
- Tsalala - Bboy daughter

I know very little of torchwood pride lineage and they’re sorta in and out of the ss lands but I believe they have Matimba offspring and I believe some siblings of the TW YM of the Mongawane

Did I leave out any prides ?

Fourways?   Not sure they’re considered Sabi Sand anymore?

Birmingham males have last to heard 9 daughters in the torchwood pride but I don’t think that’s 100% accurate but the torchwood pride is split right now and yup that’s all of the prides I think the Birmingham Pride has their bloodline in all of these reserves that’s insane and the nharu pride are the Birmingham males sisters right? Matimba Males, Torchwood Matimba Male, Birmingham Young Male with the Torchwood Young male, Mbriri Males Skorro Males, Maymabula Males, Red Road, Birimgham Breakaway Males, the 3 Birmingham Males, Nkuhuma Male, Kambula Males and The 5 Legendary Birimgham Males a ton of Males that come from that Pride or sons of those two incredible coalitions if I missed any please let me know (didn’t add the males that have passed away)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 01:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: People say RR looks like the Tumbela male and his father.

I think I can see some small resemblance between Mandevu and the 2 Skorros, but not with RR, I don't see him resembling Skorro or any of his sons.

Maybe it's just that I'm not looking at the right photos but still.

for me RRM resemble Sabi Sands Avoca, Blondie Northern Avoca and smaller maned Southern Avoca in particular.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mwk85 - 07-27-2023

Ncila. Credited individual has a private Instagram account so I wasn't able to share directly from his page.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mwk85 - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 02:15 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Ncila. Credited individual has a private Instagram account so I wasn't able to share directly from his page.

Lambile joined in on the meal as well. He's not looking great but hopefully a few more good meals will help him out for a while longer.