WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 12:36 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: A screenshot of a New male lion in the Manyeleti

Thats on their eastern border with Mluwati Concession, its either Imbali or Hamiltons pride with their pride male. 

Idk which male is this, they are very similar and around the same age, i think its Hamiltons (he has more like a mohawk type mane just like that male on this sighting) , judge by yourself, Hamiltons pride male:

*This image is copyright of its original author

This is Imbali pride male :

I think i made a post about these 2 few months ago.

(05-29-2020, 01:50 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: I think is more likely as Imbali pride male. Facial Similitaries as well.

Yes, its definetly Imbali male with Imbali pride :

Imbali pride can be seen occasionaly in east Manyeleti border, while Hamiltons are further east in central Mluwati Concession.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 01:39 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:36 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: A screenshot of a New male lion in the Manyeleti

Thats on their eastern border with Mluwati Concession, its either Imbali or Hamiltons pride with their pride male. 

Idk which male is this, they are very similar and around the same age, i think its Hamiltons (he has more like a mohawk type mane just like that male on this sighting) , judge by yourself, Hamiltons pride male:

This is Imbali pride male :

I think i made a post about these 2 few months ago.

Well.

The scars on the nose with the Hamilton pride male doesn't match with the "New Male in Manyeleti".
Anyway is a good comparison

The Orpen Male with a chilling roar in the Manyeleti Game Reserve

The Imbali Male Lion in a mission!

Lions

Some breath-taking sightings of lions all over the concession throughout the month, Imbali pride now consists of 4 females and 1 male lion. The females have been hanging around Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge it is presumed that they have cubs in the area….. using the drainage line to the north of Hoyo Hoyo Open Plains. The Hamiltons pride female has 2 x cubs which guests and guides have enjoyed seeing throughout the month, the current dominant male has been injured in what we believe may either be a fight with another male or possibly from an injury caused during a hunt. He is still managing to keep up with the pride at this stage though and was also seen mating with a female so we are reasonably sure he will make a full recovery.

"Current Dominant  male with Hamiltons Pride"

(05-29-2020, 08:09 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Lions

Some breath-taking sightings of lions all over the concession throughout the month, Imbali pride now consists of 4 females and 1 male lion. The females have been hanging around Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge it is presumed that they have cubs in the area….. using the drainage line to the north of Hoyo Hoyo Open Plains. The Hamiltons pride female has 2 x cubs which guests and guides have enjoyed seeing throughout the month, the current dominant male has been injured in what we believe may either be a fight with another male or possibly from an injury caused during a hunt. He is still managing to keep up with the pride at this stage though and was also seen mating with a female so we are reasonably sure he will make a full recovery.

Thats an update from last year, towards the end of 2019.

(05-29-2020, 09:03 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 08:09 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Lions

Thats an update from last year, towards the end of 2019.

Yes I know. I've heard about the Rangers have made a Mistake, And Blondie and Madala are still dominant over the Hamiltons pride. But IDK

(05-29-2020, 09:22 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Yes I know. I've heard about the Rangers have made a Mistake, And Blondie and Madala are still dominant over the Hamiltons pride. But IDK

They are not, they abandon this territory last year and moved further north on s126 road, and than this 2 new males came here and take Imbali and Hamiltons prides..

(05-29-2020, 09:50 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 09:22 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Yes I know. I've heard about the Rangers have made a Mistake, And Blondie and Madala are still dominant over the Hamiltons pride. But IDK

They are not, they abandon this territory last year and moved further north on s126 road, and than this 2 new males came here and take Imbali and Hamiltons prides..

Oh interesting, I have a few Images of the new "Hamilton's pride male" I had to share before, But first of all I was wanting a confirmation!

Thanks mate Grin

The New dominant male lion of the Hamilton's pride, What a gorgeous beast.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-31-2020

Imbali Male Lion on a mission near Talamati Bushveld Camp.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-31-2020

Red Road Male.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Blondemane - 06-02-2020

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 06-02-2020

Beautiful Buddy Orpen male:

Sadly, his leg doesnt look good, it remainds me of Nsuku's injury.