WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-18-2023

(03-17-2023, 11:49 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 11:33 PM)Potato Wrote: To be honest it would be healty for the lion population in the arena if Tintswalo males would be repleaced by Birmingham males as the dominant males of Mbiri pride.

What males sired the females in the mbiri pride?

The eldest 2 are Matimbas.   4 youngest are Thanda Impi.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ttimemarti - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 12:40 AM)Potato Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 11:49 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 11:33 PM)Potato Wrote: To be honest it would be healty for the lion population in the arena if Tintswalo males would be repleaced by Birmingham males as the dominant males of Mbiri pride.

What males sired the females in the mbiri pride?

Matimbas and Thanda Impis.

Those Birmingham boys are related to the Mbiri females as well but it’s distant I believe but it’s not as bad as the tintswalo males being born in that pride manyeleti and timbavati is flooded with Birmingham pride offspring of som sorts

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 03-19-2023

Mandevu was attacked by some males (speculation it was 3 Birmigham young males) :

Might be rough times ahead for Tintswalos if thats the case, as Ncile is not exactly full accepted back by Mandevu/Lambile and prob stil has confidence issues, while Lambile is not 100% healthy.

Its actually shame how humans might be responsible not only for Ncile's fate, but also for his brothers and prides fate.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-19-2023

(03-19-2023, 01:13 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mandevu was attacked by some males (speculation it was 3 Birmigham young males) :

Might be rough times ahead for Tintswalos if thats the case, as Ncile is not exactly full accepted back by Mandevu/Lambile and prob stil has confidence issues, while Lambile is not 100% healthy.

Its actually shame how humans might be responsible not only for Ncile's fate, but also for his brothers and prides fate.

Yes.   This is same report I posted in 2397 above.  

They’re getting more and more pressure.   This is another reason I’ve wanted Mandevu to accept Ncila back fully.   He has no idea how much he really does need him.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - lionuk - 03-21-2023

Red Road Male with some members of the Nharhu pride 
Pic credit; Vestment Mfumo Machavi

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Horizon - 03-21-2023

(03-19-2023, 01:13 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mandevu was attacked by some males (speculation it was 3 Birmigham young males) :

It’s actually shame how humans might be responsible not only for Ncile's fate, but also for his brothers and prides fate.
As per ranger’s comments a while ago, Lambile is not much of use in these fights.  He doesn’t even roar much. Human’s impacted the fate of this coalition.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-21-2023

I feel so bad for this boy.   Once their dominant Member is not reduced to a shell of his former self.    

It pains me to see because he’s shown to be such a resilient lion but has the odds stacked against him.

It’s as if he’s almost better off trying to move away and find new horizons somewhere else.   

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 09:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I feel so bad for this boy.   Once their dominant Member is not reduced to a shell of his former self.    

It pains me to see because he’s shown to be such a resilient lion but has the odds stacked against him.

It’s as if he’s almost better off trying to move away and find new horizons somewhere else

He looks fine, slight limp but in good condition and mane is growing back, prob still fights with Mandevu and Lambile.

On the other hand, Mandevu got quite a mauling, not sure if are Birmighams, as they where seen at Shindzela today , which is quite some distance.

If they where, looks like Tintswalos fight them off for now.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - afortich - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 09:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 09:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I feel so bad for this boy.   Once their dominant Member is not reduced to a shell of his former self.    

It’s as if he’s almost better off trying to move away and find new horizons somewhere else

He looks fine, slight limp but in good condition and mane is growing back, prob still fights with Mandevu and Lambile.

On the other hand, Mandevu got quite a mauling, not sure if are Birmighams, as they where seen at Shindzela today , which is quite some distance.

If they where, looks like Tintswalos fight them off for now.

I feel so bad too. Do you think that is possible that Mandevu's injuries could've been caused by fighting Ncile, now that we know both are injured??

(03-21-2023, 10:10 PM)afortich Wrote: I feel so bad too. Do you think that is possible that Mandevu's injuries could cause by fighting Ncile, now that we know both are injured??

Mandevus? Definetly no, his injuries came from atleast 2 opponents, and i doubt Lambile or females would back Ncile.

Also, those injuries look too serious to be from a fight in coalition/pride.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Gavskrr - 03-21-2023

he may still have been involved in a fight with the pride recently seen there, one of the oldest males in the group of 6 who broke up and the 7 lionesses are more than enough to do something like this

(03-21-2023, 10:31 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: he may still have been involved in a fight with the pride recently seen there, one of the oldest males in the group of 6 who broke up and the 7 lionesses are more than enough to do something like this

You could be right because it appears that Mandevu is not in condition to be involved in the beating of Ncile.

(03-21-2023, 10:31 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: he may still have been involved in a fight with the pride recently seen there, one of the oldest males in the group of 6 who broke up and the 7 lionesses are more than enough to do something like this

Birmingham breakaway with 1 young male, could be.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 11:06 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

A source intimated yes, that it was the Birmingham Breakaways and the YM was involved.   apparently witnessed and maybe more clarity in the incident could be released in near future.  I asked what was Ncila’s involvement and they said his incident was unrelated.   But there’s several concerns that the Tintswalos have some stiff competition on the horizon

(03-21-2023, 11:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 11:06 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

But there’s several concerns that the Tintswalos have some stiff competition on the horizon

Absolutely, Tintswalos not accepting Ncile and Lambile in no good condition, makes them become vulnerable to any coalition of 2 males, and even worse with the 3 young Briminghams that includes the white one.