WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-14-2020

New cubs in Koppies pride:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Orpen males:

Buddy is very handsome lion, i think he was sired by either old Skybed males or even the Skybeds themselves when they where very young, he has that Skybed face structure.

This is him compared to one of the Skybeds who with 2 of his brothers split in 2012/13 and left their 6 brothers, picture taken in late 2018, around Timbavati picnic spot:

Similarity is very high, and Buddy was born around the time when Skybeds controled all the area in Kruger around Orpens Gate,area in which Buddy was first seen with Junior, as he came from Kruger.
Any opinion?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 05-14-2020

"Similarity is very high, and Buddy was born around the time when Skybeds controled all the area in Kruger around Orpens Gate,area in which Buddy was first seen with Junior, as he came from Kruger.

Any opinion?"

We can only be guessing and I do not see point in that. I think it is better to just accept that it is unknown who sired him. I do not think it matter.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 10:51 PM)Potato Wrote: "Similarity is very high, and Buddy was born around the time when Skybeds controled all the area in Kruger around Orpens Gate,area in which Buddy was first seen with Junior, as he came from Kruger.

Any opinion?"

We can only be guessing and I do not see point in that. I think it is better to just accept that it is unknown who sired him. I do not think it matter.

Well it is guessing, and we will never know, but based of all factors thats most likely, its ok to speculate.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-16-2020

Skorro Thanda Impi Snarling!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-17-2020

(05-14-2020, 10:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: New cubs in Koppies pride:

Orpen males:

Buddy is very handsome lion, i think he was sired by either old Skybed males or even the Skybeds themselves when they where very young, he has that Skybed face structure.

This is him compared to one of the Skybeds who with 2 of his brothers split in 2012/13 and left their 6 brothers, picture taken in late 2018, around Timbavati picnic spot:

Similarity is very high, and Buddy was born around the time when Skybeds controled all the area in Kruger around Orpens Gate,area in which Buddy was first seen with Junior, as he came from Kruger.
Any opinion?

Sound very accurate!
The Similarity between both lions are "High" Thanks for this post, Very interesting!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cunaguaro - 05-18-2020

Handsome young male from the Imbali pride seen at Hamilton's Tented Camp east of Manyeleti. 
Image by: Ruud Mulder. 
14 May, 2020.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 07:17 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: Handsome young male from the Imbali pride seen at Hamilton's Tented Camp east of Manyeleti. 
Image by: Ruud Mulder. 
14 May, 2020.

Stunning! Thanks for sharing here.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-20-2020

Talamati pride back in south Manyeleti :

All 14 members (5 lionesses and 9 cubs/subadults ) and DM Avoca where presented.

They are now rarley seen in Manyeleti as they moved further south as Nkuhumas left empty space in northern Sabi Sands.

They are in great shape and subadults are growing fast, new megapride in the making.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 05-20-2020

Rather breakaway than mega pride I think.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-24-2020

Anyone can help me about Lions  and prides In which parts are they located ? (North,South,Central etc)

Thanks in advance

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 05:44 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Anyone can help me about Lions  and prides In which parts are they located ? (North,South,Central etc)

Thanks in advance

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Spalea - 05-25-2020

Pierre Jonqueres: " The wise boy. "

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Potato - 05-27-2020

At 9:34 dispute between Orpen males over mating right.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Spalea - 05-28-2020

Pierre Jonqueres: " The wound. "

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 05-29-2020

A screenshot of a New male lion in the Manyeleti