WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cath2020 - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 12:10 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 11:48 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Concerning Report regarding Ncila:

Tintswalo male; Ncile 
To be in the first place in the dominance, and then lose it completely is a pity and this is what is happening now with the one who was once the main dominant male in the Tintswalo Alliance of three males, he lost his position after he was exposed to a bad snare that hit his mouth and almost killed him, but he was rescued before several months ago, he recovered, but lost his position, and also lost his control of his brothers and his pride, usually they are aggressive against him. He was seen yesterday in Kruger alone.

Well, if thats the case, that they still act agressive and beat him when he gets closer or deny him access to food, then its better for him to be on his own.

But more recent reports said that they are starting to accept him, so i dont think he will completly abandon them.

So, this isn't the most recent report?  I assumed it was.  I didn't see a date.  Strange to report this after he was starting to get accepted, if not.  Otherwise, he was too far on the decline for way too long for them to ultimately accept him back.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 07:18 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: So, this isn't the most recent report?  I assumed it was.  I didn't see a date.  Strange to report this after he was starting to get accepted, if not.  Otherwise, he was too far on the decline for way too long for them to ultimately accept him back.

Well, i dont consider this as report, he was filmed in Kruger and then they wrote what we already know what happened with Ncila, they didnt see any interaction of Ncila with Mbiris, of which latest reports from Tintswalo say that is getting better.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-01-2022

All Three Tintswalo Brothers seen with the full pride at a carcass in next Tintswalo Safari video

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Timbavati - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 09:51 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: All Three Tintswalo Brothers seen with the full pride at a carcass in next Tintswalo Safari video

Mandevu is a gorgeous cat! It’s a pity for Ncile, the snare he had caused on him a significant lost of mane. Glad that he has thrive after the snare was removed.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cath2020 - 11-02-2022

(11-01-2022, 10:31 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 09:51 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: All Three Tintswalo Brothers seen with the full pride at a carcass in next Tintswalo Safari video

Mandevu is a gorgeous cat! It’s a pity for Ncile, the snare he had caused on him a significant lost of mane. Glad that he has thrive after the snare was removed.

It's good to see him recovering, but who knows if he'll be 100% again.  Hopefully his mane will grow back one day.  I don't follow him and his brothers very closely.  I was always puzzled why they choose to stay and breed with their natal pride....but this highlights how important older males are in driving off the younger ones when they come of age. 

Now there are about 4 cubs? Including the Orpen ones?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 03:23 AM)Cath2020 Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 10:31 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

It's good to see him recovering, but who knows if he'll be 100% again.  Hopefully his mane will grow back one day.  I don't follow him and his brothers very closely.  I was always puzzled why they choose to stay and breed with their natal pride....but this highlights how important older males are in driving off the younger ones when they come of age. 

Now there are about 4 cubs? Including the Orpen ones?

The Two Orpen Sub adults and three cubs.  

The Tintswalo were actually driven away by the Orpen but the Orpen died very soon afterwards afterwards so they never went far and with no other competition there sort of had the territory theirs for the taking

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-02-2022

Video is now posted:

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-04-2022

“Ncile back with the Mbiri pride and looking stronger than ever.”

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-04-2022

Caution!   Not for the squimish 

Great hint by what seems is the entire Mbiri Pride.   Even the young cousins wanted in on the action hehehe.  While Ncila was not seen in the hunt, he was later captured eating at the carcass.  

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 11-13-2022

Mandevu

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 09:48 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Mandevu

He is so similar to RRM.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mdz123 - 11-13-2022

Any recent updates on Imbali male or the Talamati breakaways? Afaik its been over a few weeks since they were last seen.

(11-13-2022, 10:05 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Any recent updates on Imbali male or the Talamati breakaways? Afaik its been over a few weeks since they were last seen.

Haven’t seen the Manyeleti YM since the sighting w the Talamatis 

I just posted a few picks of the Breakways in the Talamati thread.  Sighting was about 3 days ago

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 12:52 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

He is so similar to RRM.

What pride did he originate from?

(11-13-2022, 11:00 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 12:52 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

He is so similar to RRM.

What pride did he originate from?

Both Mandevu and Ncila were born into the Mbiri Pride.   The same pride they’re protecting right now.   Lambile was born in the Nharu Pride next door :)