WildFact
Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Wildlife Pictures and Videos Gallery (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wildlife-pictures-and-videos-gallery)
+--- Thread: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger (/topic-huge-amur-siberian-tiger)

Pages: 1 2 3

Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - genao87 - 02-01-2019

Any info on this guy...more so than what the video tells us???  you can hit the CC for the close captioning....has it in english

RE: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - GrizzlyClaws - 02-01-2019

He is about as large as the giant Cave lion from the Ural region.

Anyone minds to give an opinion about this intuitive comparison?

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - genao87 - 02-01-2019

i am assuming this is the same tiger encountering these lions.  seems to be.  

RE: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - epaiva - 02-01-2019

(02-01-2019, 09:58 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote: He is about as large as the giant Cave lion from the Ural region.

It was a huge incredible Lion, it would be great if some day they find a complete skeleton and display it to the public.

RE: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - tigerluver - 02-02-2019

(02-01-2019, 09:58 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote: He is about as large as the giant Cave lion from the Ural region.

I really don't like to touch comparisons like this but I'll do it for a friend. I matched the lower leg length of the people as a scale but people can modify these two panels as they see fit:

RE: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - GrizzlyClaws - 02-02-2019

(02-01-2019, 10:34 PM)genao87 Wrote: i am assuming this is the same tiger encountering these lions.  seems to be.  

Not the same tiger, this one was from China, and the tiger from the post #1 was from Europe.

(02-01-2019, 10:50 PM)epaiva Wrote:

It was a huge incredible Lion, it would be great if some day they find a complete skeleton and display it to the public.

This was the construction of the Cave lion with 475 mm skull, he was practically as large as the largest American lion.

(02-02-2019, 01:21 AM)tigerluver Wrote:

I really don't like to touch comparisons like this but I'll do it for a friend. I matched the lower leg length of the people as a scale but people can modify these two panels as they see fit:

I read that the zookeeper was a tall woman with large frame, and the tiger was also further away.

BTW, I personally think these two animals might have the similar shoulder height.

RE: Huge Amur Siberian Tiger - Shadow - 02-02-2019

(02-02-2019, 03:48 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

I read that the zookeeper is a tall woman with large frame, and the tiger was also further away.

BTW, I personally think these two animals might have the similar shoulder height.

Is there somewhere more information about that tiger and woman? I looked, that if she is Asian, probably short and that tiger then again quite normal looking. But pretty hard to say when there is no easy thing to compare reliably.

(02-02-2019, 03:55 AM)Shadow Wrote:

I read that the zookeeper is a tall woman with large frame, and the tiger was also further away.

Is there somewhere more information about that tiger and woman? I looked, that if she is Asian, probably short and that tiger then again quite normal looking. But pretty hard to say when there is no easy thing to compare reliably.

The huge Amur tiger was from a zoo of Central Europe, so the zookeeper was a tall blonde European woman.

Definitely taller than the Russian lady who stands aside of the Cave lion replica.

One thing to consider when looking that photo. That woman seems to stand quite clearly in lower level that that tiger. That paw of tiger is quite visible, compare to boots of that woman. If that tiger would be also as low as woman compared to base of that fence, that paw would be hidden behind base of fence completely.

(02-02-2019, 04:05 AM)Shadow Wrote:

One thing to consider when looking that photo. That woman seems to stand quite clearly in lower level that that tiger. That paw of tiger is quite visible, compare to boots of that woman. If that tiger would be also as low as woman compared to base of that fence, that paw would be hidden behind base of fence completely.

I think this could be the same zookeeper, and the exact location if I remember correctly (read from the original poster) was likely Czech Republic.

According to the orignal poster, the zookeeper's height was about 180 cm.

(02-02-2019, 03:59 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

The huge Amur tiger was from a zoo of Central Europe, so the zookeeper was a tall blonde European woman.

Definitely taller than the Russian lady who stands aside of the Cave lion replica.
If that zoo keeper is 170 cm, then that tiger is about 105 cm shoulder height. I look again though and double check my calculations :)

(02-02-2019, 04:11 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 04:05 AM)Shadow Wrote:

I think this could be the same zookeeper, and the exact location if I remember correctly (read from the original poster) was likely Czech Republic.

According to the orignal poster, the zookeeper's height was about 180 cm.

With height 180 cm for that zoo keeper I get shoulder height 112 cm for that tiger. It is difficult to say how much it effects, that tiger is a little bit different place, distance is still quite small... Anyway if that woman is 180 cm, then my best guess for that tiger is 110-115 cm shoulder height.

(02-02-2019, 04:11 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 03:59 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

If that zoo keeper is 170 cm, then that tiger is about 105 cm shoulder height. I look again though and double check my calculations :)

The Russian lady looks noticeably chubbier and shorter in frame than the zookeeper, then the largest Cave lion was only about 105 cm in shoulder?

You have to take these two factors into account; the Amur tiger is farther from the camera, and the zookeeper in comparison was also a taller woman with bigger frame.

I won't be surprise if both cat stand a little bit over 4 feet tall at shoulder.