WildFact
Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-matimba-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 04-13-2023

(04-12-2023, 09:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 05:15 PM)Robot00 Wrote: Anyone know how is this son now?

Last seen around early to mid 2021, in not so great condition.

Ive went over this whole 45 pages thread since yesterday because i was interested in all of the Matimbas sons just like how i was really interested in the mapogos sons but sadly nobody knows about any surviving sons.

The only question left i have is.

I dont think ive ever seen the 2nd senior mbiri. Any news on the 2nd senior mbiri? Any old pictures or clips of him? It was said he hasnt been seen in years but is he dead? If so, when?

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Ttimemarti - 04-13-2023

How many matimbas sons is there
Skorro males 
Mbiri males 
Older Mbiri males 
Junior nkuhuma 1/2 of the orpen males
Torchwood matimba son
Othawa Mini matimbas 
Talamati male or males 

And then they’re grandsons the 6 mayanbula males

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 04-13-2023

@Robot00 if you're interested in the Matimba's sons ( and also like Mapogos ) I'd recommend reading the reports on the 2 younger Mbiris on "Lion Tales", they make you think Mapogos got reborn as Mbiris lol.

Their performances in territorial clashes and fights are so good and brutal I'd be hard-pressed to argue that even Mapogos preformed better at their time.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - 1999gc8 - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 06:49 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Robot00 if you're interested in the Matimba's sons ( and also like Mapogos ) I'd recommend reading the reports on the 2 younger Mbiris on "Lion Tales", they make you think Mapogos got reborn as Mbiris lol.

Their performances in territorial clashes and fights are so good and brutal I'd be hard-pressed to argue that even Mapogos preformed better at their time.

I was assuming you were referring to Zizag and Shaka? I was interested to read about them but found very little about them. Is there a particular post you're referring to because I found some posts with very little about a specific clash but I might have missed when scrolling through each page.

Thanks.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Mwk85 - 04-13-2023

Torchwood male 

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 04-14-2023

@1999gc8 Yes ZZ and Shaka.

The posts are scattered but if you search through this thread you'll find many reports on them: https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lion-tales

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-14-2023

(04-13-2023, 06:43 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: How many matimbas sons is there
Skorro males 
Mbiri males 
Older Mbiri males 
Torchwood matimba son
Othawa Mini matimbas 
Talamati male or males 

Grandson list goes way beyond the Mayambula.   Yeah there’s those that come from the males like the Orpen Sub in Mbiri but  don’t forget that females create grandsons too.  Lol.   It’s not only males :)

Sorry….it’s just a trigger of mine.   

For example all the Nkuhuma sub adult males (1st gen) are also Matimba grandsons.   And likewise the Nkuhuma breakaway male (son of PCMs) 

It can become entertaining digging and digging to find all the connections :)

Many I don’t even know like those sired by the Torchwood Matimba son…..I know very little of his legacy in Kruger.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - RookiePundit - 04-15-2023

Skorro males 
Mbiri males 
Older Mbiri males 
Torchwood matimba son
Othawa Mini matimbas 
Talamati male or males 

There is Orpen Young Male (at least that's how a ranger called him in last Tintswalo youtube video) in the Mbiri pride who is more than likely their grandson (unless Buddy and not Nkuhuma orpen sired him, I don't remember where is Buddy assumed to come from). He is looking in good condition and starting to grow a bit of a mane now. I guess being the oldest youngster (with his littermate sister) around is pretty favourable position for intrapride good competition. Not that there are many halfsiblings and cousins anyway atm.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - RookiePundit - 04-15-2023

(04-14-2023, 06:33 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
Skorro males 
Mbiri males 
Older Mbiri males 
Torchwood matimba son
Othawa Mini matimbas 
Talamati male or males 

Grandson list goes way beyond the Mayambula.   Yeah there’s those that come from the males like the Orpen Sub in Mbiri but  don’t forget that females create grandsons too.  Lol.   It’s not only males :)

For example all the Nkuhuma sub adult males (1st gen) are also Matimba grandsons.   And likewise the Nkuhuma breakaway male (son of PCMs) 

Many I don’t even know like those sired by the Torchwood Matimba son…..I know very little of his legacy in Kruger.

True, but the title thread says "male lineage" which I assume is commonly understood as uninterrupted ongoing father - son line :)  Also in few generations, all descendants of a succasful coalition might be half or more population of a particular area anyway.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Ttimemarti - 04-16-2023

(04-14-2023, 06:33 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
Skorro males 
Mbiri males 
Older Mbiri males 
Torchwood matimba son
Othawa Mini matimbas 
Talamati male or males 

This is the matimba coalition male lineage not females and the only grandsons they have that have a territory is the mayanbulas so yeah clearly they have many grandsons but one the mayanbulas have become territorial and are dominant males like their fathers the mbiri males and their fathers the matimbas and their fathers before them

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-16-2023

[quote='RookiePundit' pid='188896'

There is Orpen Young Male (at least that's how a ranger called him in last Tintswalo youtube video) in the Mbiri pride who is more than likely their grandson (unless Buddy and not Nkuhuma orpen sired him, I don't remember where is Buddy assumed to come from). He is looking in good condition and starting to grow a bit of a mane now. I guess being the oldest youngster (with his littermate sister) around is pretty favourable position for intrapride good competition. Not that there are many halfsiblings and cousins anyway atm.
[/quote]

The Orpen sub (and his sister) in the Mbiri is almost certain from Junior. During the period he was conceived (just prior to dying himself) Buddy was already in quite frail condition and no longer mating with the females.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-16-2023

(04-16-2023, 12:04 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: This is the matimba coalition male lineage not females and the only grandsons they have that have a territory is the mayanbulas so yeah clearly they have many grandsons but one the mayanbulas have become territorial and are dominant males like their fathers the mbiri males and their fathers the matimbas and their fathers before them

You have a different interpretation than I do. Maybe I’m wrong.

Matimba Male lineage to me of course speaks of males sired by the Matimbas.

However, as you go into “Grandsons” I don’t make a distinction that the “Males” we share here were sired by only males.

My examples used the Nkuhumas. They are MALES also. I didn’t speak about females.

I simply said they’re Matimba Grandsons (which is accurate) they’re just carrying the bloodline through their mothers.

If the context of this thread is to only share male lineage FROM Males only, then I stand corrected.

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Ttimemarti - 04-16-2023

(04-16-2023, 12:22 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 12:04 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: This is the matimba coalition male lineage not females and the only grandsons they have that have a territory is the mayanbulas so yeah clearly they have many grandsons but one the mayanbulas have become territorial and are dominant males like their fathers the mbiri males and their fathers the matimbas and their fathers before them

You have a different interpretation than I do.  Maybe I’m wrong.    

Matimba Male lineage to me of course speaks of males sired by the Matimbas.  

However, as you go into “Grandsons” I don’t make a distinction that the “Males” we share here were sired by only males.  

My examples used the Nkuhumas.    They are MALES also.   I didn’t speak about females.  

I simply said they’re Matimba Grandsons (which is accurate) they’re just carrying the bloodline through their mothers.  

If the context of this thread is to only share male lineage FROM Males only, then I stand corrected.

Yes we know the 4 nkuhuma boys are their grandsons but they are not dominant males that’s y I didn’t add them plus it’s too early to tell and they have many daughters nobody knows how many daughters they have

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - lionuk - 04-17-2023

Senior Mbiri Male spotted on the S40 between Olifants and Skukuza. Stay safe, guy! 
Pic credit: Dwayne O'Neill

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Matimba Coalition Male Lineage - Potato - 04-25-2023