WildFact
Avoca male lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Avoca male lions (/topic-avoca-male-lions)

RE: Avoca male lions - titose - 05-28-2021

The blonde king of the Northern Avoca males patrols his territory in the Elephant Plains area at Sabi Sands!!!
#SabiSands #GreaterGruger #ElephantPlains
By hineshpatel8127

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 05-29-2021

Male Impalas disturbing Dark Manes beauty sleep 

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 05-30-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - lionuk - 05-30-2021

Blondie Avoca being grump

RE: Avoca male lions - BA0701 - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 01:56 AM)Potato Wrote:

Guide mentions that at one point DM may have treated his brothers harshly, which lead to their splitting up. I always thought they split as a result of his injury, and his not being as mobile as he was before. I can't speak to the specifics of the split, but I do know the most recent video I saw of the three of them meeting up, Mohawk gave DM a bit of a bashing, and DM took a very submissive posture, the next day they were separated again. Do you know how he injured his leg, or did he just show up limping on it one day. His ankle appears like it may have actually been broken at some point, it doesn't seem to have much flexibility, and is misshapen.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 12:53 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Guide mentions that at one point DM may have treated his brothers harshly, which lead to their splitting up. I always thought they split as a result of his injury, and his not being as mobile as he was before. I can't speak to the specifics of the split, but I do know the most recent video I saw of the three of them meeting up, Mohawk gave DM a bit of a bashing, and DM took a very submissive posture, the next day they were separated again. Do you know how he injured his leg, or did he just show up limping on it one day. His ankle appears like it may have actually been broken at some point, it doesn't seem to have much flexibility, and is misshapen.

DM was already slightly limping on that leg when Avocas came in on Djuma in early 2018, but he worsened or completely broke that leg in August 2019 with Nkuhumas and his brothers on hunt (it was described on WildEarth), shortly after that DM returned north and was not seen south with Nkuhumas and with his brothers until that encounter with Mohawk, over 1 year later.

DM always prefered Talamatis, he only came south to Nkuhumas to mate. And that bad injury prob was the reason he didn't visit them in that 1 year period, because he sticked close to Talamatis for free food, south he would need to fight his 2 brothers on a kills or for mating, something that injured lion does not want to do..

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 12:53 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Guide mentions that at one point DM may have treated his brothers harshly, which lead to their splitting up.
Guide cleary said it as a joke. In general Dm prefered to spent his time with Talamati pride insteed of Nkuchumas while his 2 brothers prefered opposite and that lead them to drift apart from each others over time.

RE: Avoca male lions - Duco Ndona - 05-30-2021

Well. It may not be something as drastic as him beating them up. But if the other two feel they can get more food and mating without him hogging it. I can see them growing fed up with him.

RE: Avoca male lions - BA0701 - 05-31-2021

(05-30-2021, 03:16 PM)Potato Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 12:53 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Guide mentions that at one point DM may have treated his brothers harshly, which lead to their splitting up.
Guide cleary said it as a joke. In general Dm prefered to spent his time with Talamati pride insteed of Nkuchumas while his 2 brothers prefered opposite and that lead them to drift apart from each others over time.

I always believed that Dm remained with the Talamatis due primarily to his injury, easy meals and whatnot through remaining with the pride, and that his brothers wandered away on their own because he couldn't keep up.

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 05-31-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 06-01-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 06-01-2021

Avoca male lion Dark mane, in Arathusa safari lodge.

RE: Avoca male lions - T I N O - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 01:59 AM)Potato Wrote: Avoca male lion Dark mane, in Arathusa safari lodge.

A true beast of a male lion! He has turned into a fine and good looking boy

RE: Avoca male lions - lionuk - 06-01-2021

1/3 Avoca male in the dark 31/05/2021
Photo credits: A J N Experience

RE: Avoca male lions - T I N O - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 03:24 PM)lionuk Wrote: 1/3 Avoca male in the dark 31/05/2021
Photo credits: A J N Experience