WildFact
Avoca male lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Avoca male lions (/topic-avoca-male-lions)

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 04-16-2020

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-16-2020

(04-16-2020, 10:38 PM)Blondemane Wrote: The lioness with Avocas on gnu kill are the 2 Ximungwe lioness not Nk's.  

Sadly Blondie is limping from the back left leg again, i just hope he recover from that injurie quickly, the leg seems a little swollen in the ankle area, but he manages to put his paw on the floor which is already a good sign... app the 2 males fighted aggressively on the kill sight.

Tnx for info, it was a bit weird that only 2 Nkuhuma s where with them because Nkuhumas rarley split. These 2 where seen with Ximhungwe lionesses before, about half a year ago in Simbambili.

RE: Avoca male lions - Blondemane - 04-17-2020

(04-16-2020, 11:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:38 PM)Blondemane Wrote: The lioness with Avocas on gnu kill are the 2 Ximungwe lioness not Nk's.  

Sadly Blondie is limping from the back left leg again, i just hope he recover from that injurie quickly, the leg seems a little swollen in the ankle area, but he manages to put his paw on the floor which is already a good sign... app the 2 males fighted aggressively on the kill sight.

Tnx for info, it was a bit weird that only 2 Nkuhuma s where with them because Nkuhumas rarley split. These 2 where seen with Ximhungwe lionesses before, about half a year ago in Simbambili.

No problem, i just got that info from a lions facebook page, i was watching that live on Wildearth and i thought it was 2 Nks. 
Yes, i saw a video from simbambili with avocas and this 2 lioness...perhaps in the future we will see more cubs sired by Avocas.

RE: Avoca male lions - Blondemane - 04-17-2020

Pic from Nkorho Lodge.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-21-2020

Massive DM Avoca fighting Talamati lionesses over a kill:

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 04-21-2020

It has been very interesting to watch the change in habits of the two Avoca males, as they are spending more time on our concession whilst mating with a lioness from the Sand River pride.

Recently they have been patrolling and extending their territory further east into the Kruger National Park, but seem to now be focused on spending time with the lioness.

RE: Avoca male lions - Spalea - 04-21-2020

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-21-2020

Mohawk Avoca:

RE: Avoca male lions - 239Pu - 04-22-2020

(04-21-2020, 09:19 PM)Potato Wrote: It has been very interesting to watch the change in habits of the two Avoca males, as they are spending more time on our concession whilst mating with a lioness from the Sand River pride.

Recently they have been patrolling and extending their territory further east into the Kruger National Park, but seem to now be focused on spending time with the lioness.

are they Northern or Southern Avoca ? . they are with the Sand River pride, so they are Southern Avoca right ? it's just that their heads look more narrow in this pic , and the one on the left looks very similar to Mohawk ...  i still have a hard time telling them apart

RE: Avoca male lions - Matimbalani - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 01:56 AM)239Pu Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:19 PM)Potato Wrote: It has been very interesting to watch the change in habits of the two Avoca males, as they are spending more time on our concession whilst mating with a lioness from the Sand River pride.

are they Northern or Southern Avoca ? . they are with the Sand River pride, so they are Southern Avoca right ? it's just that their heads look more narrow in this pic , and the one on the left looks very similar to Mohawk ...  i still have a hard time telling them apart

I think they are the Southern Avoca brothers.

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 04-22-2020

They are Southern Avocas.

RE: Avoca male lions - Cunaguaro - 04-23-2020

Blondie Northern Avoca.
Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge
Photograph by Chitwa Chitwa guide @stevanloffler_chitwachitwa
21/04/2020.

RE: Avoca male lions - Cunaguaro - 04-26-2020

The impressive King DarkMane Avoca taking the spot light.
Djuma Private Game Reserve
Credit: Moosa Varachia
Posted: April 25, 2020.

RE: Avoca male lions - Balam - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 04:43 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: The impressive King DarkMane Avoca taking the spot light.
Djuma Private Game Reserve
Credit: Moosa Varachia
Posted: April 25, 2020.

His demeanor is majestic and terrifying at the same time, he's got a huge skull.

RE: Avoca male lions - Blondemane - 04-29-2020

(04-22-2020, 01:56 AM)239Pu Wrote:

its an old photo of them!