WildFact
Lion Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lion Predation (/topic-lion-predation)

RE: Lion Predation - chaos - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 01:52 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 01:47 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 01:30 AM)'chaos' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 01:23 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 12:40 AM)'faess' Wrote: I'm trying to find the site where I read the source from but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm8XIRo8b-s

He more or less says the same around 9:00 but wasn't as specific.

TFS, intersting listen.

I do believe he was talking about lionesses. No mention of males. We've already seen it happen before with adult cows.
Even Packer can proven wrong. 

He specifically states males lions and their hunting of larger prey, together. Packer can be proven wrong, but it just hasn't happened yet and he has decades of expierence with these aniimals in their wild settings. So his word is gold compared to any of ours.

'chaos' Wrote: Not sure if this has already been posted. This lion single handedly takes this bull buffalo down. No assist to
his partners on this. Not the largest, but nonetheless, male.
http://youtu.be/L3aAGPa3Ifk
Seems more videos are surfacing.

Already posted here, its a cow. No Testicles, and there are 3 lions on it.
Seems that the same videos are posted because none are able find any with a single lion taking down a adult bull buffalo.

Just watched the whole video and there are absolutely No testicles on that cow. So either one of two things, its a cow (the size of it would definitely lead you believe that it is) or its a juevenile and its testicles have not dropped yet, right?

Of course thats a male. Hes got a penis. Hes pissing from it.  As I stated in many vids of lions attacking buffalo, the genetalia
is very difficult to see. Yes there were three lions present, but the two others had nothing to do with the kill.

(01-20-2015, 02:49 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 02:02 AM)'chaos' Wrote: After a further listen to Packer, he does mention male lions, my bad. He also states they have "almost" no chance.
We all know what "almost" means. Its not the same as "absolutely". I never claimed it happens often. You on the
other hand stated theres no proof it "ever" happens or has happened.

You are splitting hairs, he specifically says "almost no chance" so that is pretty much stating that it isn't going to happen. But like any scientist, you should always leave some room for new findings. The world isn't made up of absolutes, there can always be a exception.

Now in regards to the Cow, I don't know enough about the difference in cow and bull urinating technique to try and determine ones urination to another. I do know one thing for a absolute fact, males have testicles.
That cow does not, so one of two things can be determined. Either.......... Its a cow or its a juvenile who hasnt had its testicles drop yet.

*This image is copyright of its original author

There are also 3 male lions there which all could of attributed to the hunt, chasing the prey attacking different points etc. They also still bite at the hind legs so its still not a lone lion taking down a adult bull buffalo which of course is what this entire debate is based off of.

Thats pure speculation. No room for that. See that appendage in front of that bulls balls. Lets just say females dont have that.
The buffalo in question certainly does. As to why he has no visble balls, who knows, I've met people in my life with little or no
balls, and others with balls bigger than the bull you posted. lol. All kidding aside, balls are not always so prominently displayed
on all male buffalo.

RE: Lion Predation - Pckts - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 03:16 AM)'chaos' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 02:49 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 02:02 AM)'chaos' Wrote: After a further listen to Packer, he does mention male lions, my bad. He also states they have "almost" no chance.
We all know what "almost" means. Its not the same as "absolutely". I never claimed it happens often. You on the
other hand stated theres no proof it "ever" happens or has happened.

You are splitting hairs, he specifically says "almost no chance" so that is pretty much stating that it isn't going to happen. But like any scientist, you should always leave some room for new findings. The world isn't made up of absolutes, there can always be a exception.

Now in regards to the Cow, I don't know enough about the difference in cow and bull urinating technique to try and determine ones urination to another. I do know one thing for a absolute fact, males have testicles.
That cow does not, so one of two things can be determined. Either.......... Its a cow or its a juvenile who hasnt had its testicles drop yet.

*This image is copyright of its original author

There are also 3 male lions there which all could of attributed to the hunt, chasing the prey attacking different points etc. They also still bite at the hind legs so its still not a lone lion taking down a adult bull buffalo which of course is what this entire debate is based off of.

Thats pure speculation. No room for that. See that appendage in front of that bulls balls. Lets just say females dont have that.
The buffalo in question certainly does. As to why he has no visble balls, who knows, I've met people in my life with little or no
balls, and others with balls bigger than the bull you posted. lol. All kidding aside, balls are not always so prominently displayed
on all male buffalo.

Im sure buffalo balls come in all shapes and sizes. But there are none present on that animal. Which is most likely due to it either being a cow or juvenile. And its a small animal so obviously would not be full grown if it was a bull.

Can't believe I'm talking about bull balls. Time for me to step back and rethink my life
haha

Just watched the vid again. There are balls, just not quite as visible as the ones on King Dong, that you posted.
Then again I've never seen balls that big on any buffalo period. "He's got the biggest balls of all"

(01-20-2015, 03:26 AM)'chaos' Wrote: Just watched the vid again. There are balls, just not quite as visible as the ones on King Dong, that you posted.
Then again I've never seen balls that big on any buffalo period. "He's got the biggest balls of all"

Definitely no balls on that animal. For sure, I watched it and its clearly visible that they aren't there. Still can't use it as account since there are multiple lions there that contributed to the death as well.

RE: Lion Predation - Pantherinae - 01-20-2015

Can't we just dropp this discussion? We will not agree anyway... 
@chaos does it really matter that much if @Pckts agree with you're opinions? he has his own opinion and that's legal, aswell as he just said he think it happens, because he saw that male trying. And I agree it happens, but probably quite rare. not because he isn't capable to do so, but The pride or coallition is almost always Gonna be there so he will hunt together with them ofcourse he will! that advantage every animal would use if they and the option, on such dangerous prey!  

Agreed Pantherinae, im ready to move on from this discussion this point forward.

(01-20-2015, 05:00 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: Can't we just dropp this discussion? We will not agree anyway... 
@chaos does it really matter that much if @Pckts agree with you're opinions? he has his own opinion and that's legal, aswell as he just said he think it happens, because he saw that male trying. And I agree it happens, but probably quite rare. not because he isn't capable to do so, but The pride or coallition is almost always Gonna be there so he will hunt together with them ofcourse he will! that advantage every animal would use if they and the option, on such dangerous prey!  

The discussion's been quite civil since early afternoon. I don't expect to alter his stance, geez I know better than that. Enjoying the
interaction, thats all. No harm or malicious intent. Conversation has remained on topic. But in the interest of others contentment,
I'll nix any further interaction with him on this subject. Sorry  

"I don't expect to alter his stance, geez I know better than that."
^^^Couldn't help yourself, could you?
Offer up proof and my stance would be "altered"
Until then, my stance remains the same.

Moving on...

~~Offer up proof and my stance would be "altered"
 Until then, my stance remains the same. Moving on...

LMAO

Watch the 2 lions take down a large bull buffalo in post # 110. They make it look simple.
BTW, they're crater lions. Perhaps thats why, I would guess. 

RE: Lion Predation - sanjay - 01-20-2015

Please move your debate on debate section.

RE: Lion Predation - tigerluver - 01-21-2015

As Sanjay suggested, a debate thread questioning and assessing "crime scenes" in wild interactions is what is needed. If one of the debaters may please start a thread in the debate section, and I'll move what's necessary over there.

RE: Lion Predation - Pckts - 01-21-2015

I'll start it, will you be able to move the info to that thread, or do we need to do that on our own?

RE: Lion Predation - TheLioness - 01-21-2015

Pckts this topic is not for you to awlays complain about how they killed the buffalo or what happened during it, would you post something useful in this topic other than just mere ignorance about the kills, for once. [img]images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/img]