WildFact
Lion Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lion Predation (/topic-lion-predation)

RE: Lion Predation - Pantherinae - 01-18-2015

Could not have agreed anymore on that last video @TheLioness that's more impressive. 

I know pckts don't hate lions, he just really likes tigers and thinks and want's them to be superior and he's allowed to do so, I think it's way more even between The two cat's than he does, but that's my view on a subject which every animal enthusiast has different view's. And I suggest that we don't get so serrious on others view's because we will never agree.

RE: Lion Predation - TheLioness - 01-18-2015

That gaur raja killed seemed rather weak, didnt fight not a bit, for a bovine thats suppose to be much stronger and bigger than cape buffalo, it doesn't show much impressiveness. Was rather small too, very thin, no herd, cow, maybe gave birth and was weak?

RE: Lion Predation - tigerluver - 01-18-2015

This debate is futile and a bad look, please keep it to content and science. I may have to clean up a bit soon.

'TheLioness dateline='' Wrote: That gaur raja killed seemed rather weak, didnt fight not a bit, for a bovine thats suppose to be much stronger and bigger than cape buffalo, it doesn't show much impressiveness. Was rather small too, very thin, no herd, cow, maybe gave birth and was weak?

Well I've been around cape buffalos and ones working with them, and seen wild ones. i have just seen one gaur bull, but The size difference is nowhere near as big as many people think, atleast with my own sighting's, I did not even see any preticular differrences if I looked at The whole animals gaur was taller that's it. Gaur's are tanks while cape buffalos Looks more athletic. I guess The biggest bull gaur's has a larger size advantage, but that doesn't make them a superior animal IMO, a gaur is definatly taller, a little longer and heavy'er, but like I was just some day's ago out filming eagles and a large adult female white tailed eagle, was chased away by a young male golden eagle, it doesn't always depend on weight and size, if The size is close, many factors can play a big part, lower center of gravity, agility, speed, weaponanry and aggression to mention a few. 

Let's just say I've seen more impressive gaur's than that. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

RE: Lion Predation - sanjay - 01-18-2015

Agree to Tigerluver,
No one seems to be matured here. Silly arugments.
This thread is to post content related to lion predation. Enough garabge.

RE: Lion Predation - Siegfried - 01-18-2015

(01-18-2015, 06:25 AM)'chaos' Wrote: There is a thinly veiled undertone of LvT to his posts. 

Not so thinly veiled...

RE: Lion Predation - chaos - 01-18-2015

Once again Pockets is in the minority as to his opinion. A not so uncommon reality. I dont forsee any change in this regard.
I take the majority of his postings with a grain of salt, as I - through experience - have come to fully anticipate his highly
predictable m. o. With that in mind, its easy to sidestep the ( intentional ?) squabbles such an obtuse approach invariably
produces. He does have resiliency working in his favor though. This is not intended as a condemnation. I view him as a
valuable poster who provides a wealth of info while conversely looking to challenge any and all who oppose.

@ The administration. I felt the need to express my p.o.v. on this issue for clarification purposes only. I look to maintain
good standing within this forum.

ps..... Every now and then it can be fun mixing it up with him.

Thank you 

Back to topic

All within reason. The administration has implemented rules for a sound cause. Remember the nuclear battles on AVA?
Its unfortunate, but a zero tolerance policy is necessary. Once clearly established and acknowledged, perhaps a degree
of levity - within reason - can be granted from time to time. Just my take

RE: Lion Predation - Siegfried - 01-18-2015

Agreed.  The vile ad hominem attacks became ridiculous on AVA.  They were only surpassed in ridiculousness by the level of bias that was often seen there too.

okey I was never on AVA so I have not expereinecd that. so I'll erase my previous comment, but the kind of discussion about lion predation on buffalo is okey!

RE: Lion Predation - sanjay - 01-18-2015

@Pantherinae , First of all this is for information section, We have made another section for discussion. So any long debate should be there.

As @chaos said majority of us have bitter experience on AVA. The result was loss of lot of valuable data and fallback of AVA. Other sincere and senior experts don't want to join a place where things like LvT keep going.

I am sure and all other are 100% sure that you can not convince Pckts with your data and Same with others. The result will be long post with only LvT discussion and this will bring back AVA 2.

Discussion is allowed, But the way discussion should be. Not teasing, trolling and hypothetical thoughts.
The Basic Rule of discussion is RESPECT for each other while agreeing or disagreeing with whom you are discussing.
2nd Important point is to NOT in race of putting your last word. You put your point convincing the opponent, 2 or 3 times, If you see he is not ready to agree with you, Its better to quit the debate (showing maturity). So a good poster know when to quit. You can not keep whole year convincing each other with same point.
We never stop you from posting your points , We only act when we see thing is going out of control. As you can see there is lot of discussion between you and pckts, But we entered here to stop when you guys made at least 6-7 posts and we find that this will not stop.

Let me know if you feel I am 100% wrong. Will try to improve myself. Our Aim is to provide clean and healthy environment but we can also make mistake as administrator, so please free to point out our bad decision

~~I am sure and all other are 100% sure that you can not convince Pckts with your data and Same with others. The result will be long post with only LvT discussion and this will bring back AVA 2.

Absolutely correct. No matter how compelling my or others argument may be.

You guys are very fair in your moderation. I have no qualms whatsoever. Keep up the good work

(01-18-2015, 09:07 PM)'sanjay' Wrote: @Pantherinae , First of all this is for information section, We have made another section for discussion. So any long debate should be there.

As @chaos said majority of us have bitter experience on AVA. The result was loss of lot of valuable data and fallback of AVA. Other sincere and senior experts don't want to join a place where things like LvT keep going.

I am sure and all other are 100% sure that you can not convince Pckts with your data and Same with others. The result will be long post with only LvT discussion and this will bring back AVA 2.

Discussion is allowed, But the way discussion should be. Not teasing, trolling and hypothetical thoughts.
The Basic Rule of discussion is RESPECT for each other while agreeing or disagreeing with whom you are discussing.
2nd Important point is to NOT in race of putting your last word. You put your point convincing the opponent, 2 or 3 times, If you see he is not ready to agree with you, Its better to quit the debate (showing maturity). So a good poster know when to quit. You can not keep whole year convincing each other with same point.
We never stop you from posting your points , We only act when we see thing is going out of control. As you can see there is lot of discussion between you and pckts, But we entered here to stop when you guys made at least 6-7 posts and we find that this will not stop.

Let me know if you feel I am 100% wrong. Will try to improve myself. Our Aim is to provide clean and healthy environment but we can also make mistake as administrator, so please free to point out our bad decision

~~2nd Important point is to NOT in race of putting your last word.

This is of particular amusement. Pockets asolutely excels in this capacity. I'm no slouch myself.
Acknowledged Sanjay.

yeah I think the same as you, just wanted to mention it.

RE: Lion Predation - TheLioness - 01-19-2015

There has been a lot of good videos posted recently of lions vs buffalo. Very good job everyone, lets keep this topic clean, don't need to debate here, its just posting about lions hunting, thats it.
*This image is copyright of its original author

http://lionguardians.wildlifedirect.org/2010/11/29/male-lion-kills-a-huge-eland/