WildFact
Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides (/topic-maps-of-sabi-sand-coalitions-males-and-prides)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Tr1x24 - 03-28-2020

*This image is copyright of its original author

Updates and news from the last map i posted around 3-4 months ago:

- younger Sparta lioness, sired by Majingilanes, unfortunatley passed away.
- nomadic Styx pride are recently seen more and more in Western sector and it seems that they lost 1 of the younger lionesses.
- Nkuhumas and N.Avocas moved their territory a bit more south, because of that Talamati pride is hanging more around Djuma.
- now is certaint that Torchwood pride doesnt have cubs anymore.
- 1 of the 15 Kambulas cubs/subadults might be missing, we'll see.
- Sand River and Fourways prides are added to the map as they where seen recently in Sabi Sands.
- young Sand River male is hanging out in Sabi Sabi, following 2 Southern Pride lionesses.
- 2 nomadic Ximhungwe lionesses are recently seen in southwest Manyeleti.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Potato - 03-28-2020

" Nkuhumas and N.Avocas moved their territory a bit more south, because of that Talamti pride is hanging more around Djuma."

Nkuchuma pride is larger and stronger so going further south is their willing move, not an resault of presure from Talamati pride. Talamati pride just filled the vacum, but Nkuchumas can push them back north if them simply want to.

"- 2 nomadic Ximhungwe lionesses are recently seen in southwest Manyeleti."

They are seen in that arena for months now. I think it is safe to say that they are not nomadic anymore.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Tr1x24 - 03-28-2020

(03-28-2020, 09:12 PM)Potato Wrote: Nkuchuma pride is larger and stronger so going further south is their willing move, not an resault of presure from Talamati pride. Talamati pride just filled the vacum, but Nkuchumas can push them back north if them simply want to.

I didnt say that they moved south because of Talamatis, i said "because of that Talamatis hang out on Djuma".

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Potato - 03-28-2020

Ah ok, I missread your comment.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - sundarbans - 04-01-2020

Seeing the map, I have two questions:

1. Does the Torchwood pride have a breakway pride? I see 9 females clumped together while 3 more are in a separate cluster with the young Torchwood male.
2. Who is the Torchwood male that is being shown as the dominant male of the Fourways pride? I wasn't aware of any Torchwood male except the sub adult.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - sik94 - 04-01-2020

(04-01-2020, 03:38 AM)sundarbans Wrote: Seeing the map, I have two questions:

1. Does the Torchwood pride have a breakway pride? I see 9 females clumped together while 3 more are in a separate cluster with the young Torchwood male.
2. Who is the Torchwood male that is being shown as the dominant male of the Fourways pride? I wasn't aware of any Torchwood male except the sub adult.

The torchwood pride might be in the process of forming a break-away with the sub-adults sired by the birminghams nearing adulthood. The torchwood male who is dominant over the Fourways pride is a son of the matimba males from when they were in northern sabi sands.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Tr1x24 - 04-03-2020

Updated map of known lions and coalitions in Kruger:

If i forget someone,or somebody have info about some lions/coalitions ,let me know i will add it to the map.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Potato - 04-03-2020

I think all updates from quite some time on young Shish males had them in Satara region. Swenia males are down to two? :o Didn't know about it.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Tr1x24 - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 11:24 PM)Potato Wrote: I think all updates from quite some time on young Shish males had them in Satara region. Swenia males are down to two? :o Didn't know about it.

Well nomadic young males roams alot, but they hang out around Singita/Satara area.

Yes, 3rd Sweni male wasn't seen for a while now.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Potato - 04-03-2020

They haven't been reported by Singita KNP from November last year.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - sik94 - 04-04-2020

I tried my best to count the number of lions, There are about 175 dominant male lions in that map.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Tr1x24 - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 01:20 AM)sik94 Wrote: I tried my best to count the number of lions, There are about 175 dominant male lions in that map.

Well not all are dominant, but yea, its a good number when we take in consideration that theres many more lions in these empty areas where we dont know about those lions and that almost half a Kruger (north side) is almost completely unknown.

There is prob around 500 adult males in whole Kruger, if not more.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - sik94 - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 01:43 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 01:20 AM)sik94 Wrote: I tried my best to count the number of lions, There are about 175 dominant male lions in that map.

Well not all are dominant, but yea, its a good number when we take in consideration that theres many more lions in these empty areas where we dont know about those lions and that almost half a Kruger (north side) is almost completely unknown.

There is prob around 500 adult males in whole Kruger, if not more.

Yeah but I was trying to point out that there are around 175 adult males that we know of and can identify. There are probably so many un-named coalitions out there in the kruger along with so many untold and unseen stories of these animals.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - Tr1x24 - 04-13-2020

Map of Manyeleti prides, made by Tintswalo rangers:

Ximhungwe and Nkuhuma not seen here, but they are down south on the map.

RE: Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides - 239Pu - 04-14-2020

These two lions are often referred to as the Kanniedood males after the old dam downstream of Shingwedzi camp - Rob The Ranger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgLn7SjPwk