WildFact
Kambula/Ntsevu Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Kambula/Ntsevu Pride (/topic-kambula-ntsevu-pride)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Kambula Pride - T I N O - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 02:10 PM)WildRev Wrote: 7 members of the kambula pride crossing the Sand river
@mike.moth

The N'waswishaka males condition in somehow is quite similar with the N.Avoca males. With Gored and Ubuso injured, both males with a slighty limp on their back leg (I hope the leg is not atrophied) like happened with Buddy, the Orpen male. If so, they're really on a hard situation. Being said that. While Ubuso and gored not are in their best condition, Amahle and Eorenji are the current two healthy N'waswishaka males. Although probably the smaller ones.

RE: Kambula Pride - Tr1x24 - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 05:18 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Although probably the smaller ones.

Size is pretty much almost irrelevant, even the biggest lions cant do anything outnumbered and 1vs 1 fights rarely happen. 

Also, except OE, rest of Ndhzengas are average size lions, so lets not overexaggerate that they are "small".

Bboys also didn't look big next to Kambula females, Nhenha, biggest of all Bboys, was barely bigger then Kambula females, and he was considered to be one of the biggest males in Sabi Sands.

They are pretty much similar in size. Tayla McCurdy when saw by first time to them, she surprised with the small stature of the Ndhzenga males, she later claimed that they were some of the smallest male lions she saw. This was months ago, of course they've grown since then. But doubt there's a big difference. Anyway, size doesn't matter. Just was giving my point of view after years following these cats, and in my personal opinion, they're not big lions or at least not are known for their impressive size as HB was, for example...

RE: Kambula Pride - 1ofCourage - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 06:56 PM)Timbavati Wrote: They are pretty much similar in size. Tayla McCurdy when saw by first time to them, she surprised with the small stature of the Ndhzenga males, she later claimed that they were some of the smallest male lions she saw. This was months ago, of course they've grown since then. But doubt there's a big difference. Anyway, size doesn't matter. Just was giving my point of view after years following these cats, and in my personal opinion, they're not big lions or at least not are known for their impressive size as HB was, for example...

Aren't the two Ross lions relatively small? They aren't the most stunning either, but they sure have had great success raising their cubs, etc.

(08-12-2022, 07:02 PM)1ofCourage Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:56 PM)Timbavati Wrote: They are pretty much similar in size. Tayla McCurdy when saw by first time to them, she surprised with the small stature of the Ndhzenga males, she later claimed that they were some of the smallest male lions she saw. This was months ago, of course they've grown since then. But doubt there's a big difference. Anyway, size doesn't matter. Just was giving my point of view after years following these cats, and in my personal opinion, they're not big lions or at least not are known for their impressive size as HB was, for example...

Aren't the two Ross lions relatively small? They aren't the most stunning either, but they sure have had great success raising their cubs, etc.

Exactly. Size is quite relative to be honest. They're magnificent cats, I wish the best to the Ndhzenga. They have conquered a big part of SS so far.

RE: Kambula Pride - Gabriele - 08-12-2022

Or how was Makhulu, one of the largest lions seen in Sabi Sand until then ...

RE: Kambula Pride - Slayerd - 08-13-2022

(08-12-2022, 06:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 05:18 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Although probably the smaller ones.

Size is pretty much almost irrelevant, even the biggest lions cant do anything outnumbered and 1vs 1 fights rarely happen. 

Also, except OE, rest of Ndhzengas are average size lions, so lets not overexaggerate that they are "small".

Bboys also didn't look big next to Kambula females, Nhenha, biggest of all Bboys, was barely bigger then Kambula females, and he was considered to be one of the biggest males in Sabi Sands.

You're talking about Kambula #6 specifically. She is a very big lioness and is almost the same size as Mohawk and Amahle. Nhenha showed more size next to her than those two. The thing is that it's the other 3 lionesses and even the 4 Bboys daughters that look big next to the Ndhzenga males. Nhenha was far larger than the other 5 lionesses in the Kambula who vary in size. I'd rank them #6, #1, #4, #2, #3 and #5 in size. And the Bboys daughters with Kambula #1 and #2 are gaining at 4 years old.

RE: Kambula Pride - WildRev - 08-13-2022

Yes, Nhenha is big.

RE: Kambula Pride - RookiePundit - 08-15-2022

Wasn't the quote that "Eorenji" is the smallest male lion she saw? At least that is how I remember it being mentioned here on forum - that it related to Orange Eyes specifically not the wole coalition.

RE: Kambula Pride - T I N O - 08-15-2022

(08-15-2022, 12:23 AM)RookiePundit Wrote:

Wasn't the quote that "Eorenji" is the smallest male lion she saw? At least that is how I remember it being mentioned here on forum - that it related to Orange Eyes specifically not the wole coalition.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Kambula Pride - WildRev - 08-16-2022

RE: Kambula Pride - Tonpa - 08-18-2022

"2 Kambula lionesses feeding on a buffalo that they had killed the previous evening at @malamalagamereserve. These two lionesses were accompanied by 2 of their cubs and 1 Ndhzenga male lion. An amazing sighting!"

RE: Kambula Pride - lionuk - 08-18-2022

It's Ubuso who was seen eating with the breakaway group. Ironically, he was the one who chased them 2 months' ago

RE: Kambula Pride - Tonpa - 08-18-2022

THE KAMBULA PRIDE = 21

3 ADULT FEMALES ± 9 YEARS 4 MONTHS
3 ADULT FEMALES ± 9 YEARS 1 MONTH
6 SUB ADULT FEMALES ± 3 YEARS 11 MONTHs
5 SUB ADULT MALES ± 3 YEARS 11 MONTHS
1 SUB ADULT FEMALE 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS
1 SUB ADULT MALE 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS
2 CUBS 1 YEAR 4 MONTHS

MALAMALA, FLOCKFIELD, NORTHERN CHARLESTON
(31 sightings)
As we have come to expect, this prides dynamic is incohesive.

The month's highlight was the birth of a new litter of cubs. Unfortunately, a large male leopard was seen at the den within two weeks of birth. The leopard killed all of the newest cubs.

Noteworthy sightings:
• Three lionesses were south of Campbell Koppies on the 1st.
• There were three lionesses at Kapen Rocks on the 2nd and 3rd. On the 3rd, one lioness was seen with afterbirth, and a glimpse of three newborn cubs was caught.
• Two lionesses kept the company of two Ndhzenga males at Princess Alice Pans on the 7th.
• The lionesses with the older cubs were east of Campbell Koppies on the 9th.
• A sub-adult male was with an adult female south of the Causeway on the 12th.
• On the 14th, a sub-adult male was with four lionesses when the five lions were east of Piccadilly Triangle.
• Four lionesses and four young cubs were at Kapen Rocks on the 15th.
• Also, on the 15th, one female mated with a Ndhzenga male around Princess Alice Pans.
• The 16th was a sombre day in the life of this pride as they lost their newest litter of cubs to a male leopard.
• On the 23rd, the two lionesses and two older cubs were around Sand Pit Crossing.
• A young lioness mated with a Ndhzenga male south of the Five-Star junction on the 24th.
• Seven lionesses and two Ndhzenga males were together at Sand Pit Crossing on the 25th. The same grouping, minus one lioness, were together again on the 26th when they were in the western parts of Matshapiri Open Area.
• On the 27th, seven lionesses and two Ndhzenga males were around the White Cloth.
• The two lionesses and older cubs attempted to hunt a buffalo bull on the 30th, west of Bicycle Crossing.
• On the last evening of the month, two lionesses killed an impala in the area of Flockfield Tower.

RE: Kambula Pride - T I N O - 08-18-2022

" target="_blank" class="post_link">