WildFact
Nkuhuma Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkuhuma Pride (/topic-nkuhuma-pride)

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - NLAL11 - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 07:01 AM)Go131810 Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 06:06 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Mala Mala Game Report May 2024

THE NKUHUMA PRIDE = 16
3 ADULT FEMALES ± 7 YEARS 9 MONTHS
2 ADULT FEMALES ± 4 YEARS 11 MONTHS
7 SUB-ADULTS (3 FEMALES & 4 MALES) ± 3 YEARS 1 MONTH
WESTERN & CENTRAL EYREFIELD
(3 sightings)

There were three sightings of the Nkuhuma Pride in May. On the 2nd, five lionesses and one sub-adult
male were seen at Clarendon Dam. They were on the Gowrie Boundary, east of the Mlowathi River
three days later. On the 7th, six females were with one young male at Mlowathi Dam Crossing.

This is confusing what are the 4 Nukhuma male lions in the Nukhuma pride? There is 3 Nukhuma male lions with a lioness in Kruger and 1 young subadult Nukhuma still in the pride with the Nukhuma pride.
May Chela Tatered ear rest in peace. There is 2 Birmingham lionesses and 2 adult Avoca daughters. I saw a post where Mohawk was back with the Nukhuma pride.

It's just not updated. Mala Mala seem to be slow with updating the prides that aren't their resident prides. They still have 3 of the Birmingham daughters listed (3 ADULT FEMALES ± 7 YEARS 9 MONTHS), and the seven subs is the original number from the second gen of Avoca offspring. But they've removed all the Matimba daughters, including Chela.

To be honest I don't really pay much attention to the top part with the pride members, as I know those are liable to be innaccurate. I tend to focus on the sightings more, as those should be more revealing of recent dynamics.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - NLAL11 - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 07:22 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Yeah should be 7 females 
2 Birminghams around 8 years old (pale eyes, ridgenoses older daughter)
2 avoca daughters around 4 in a half maybe 
3 younger avoca daughters around 3 
1 young male around 3 as well

See to be honest even this might be innaccurate now as I'm not sure when the last time all three Avoca female subs were seen. As we can see in the Mala Mala report, and the more recent Elephant Plains sightings, there only ever seem to be four or five lionesses, maximum six, seen together. But that doesn't mean she isn't still about.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - DE_66 - 06-15-2024

@BA0701   Could you also rename the Charleston Males thread to include their lineage now that some of their sons have resurfaced.  FWIW I think that your idea is the best course of action in most of these cases since there are a lot of coalitions we don't get much info about.  Same for any prides in similar situations, e.g., Birmingham Breakaways.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - BA0701 - 06-15-2024

(06-15-2024, 07:44 AM)DE_66 Wrote: @BA0701   Could you also rename the Charleston Males thread to include their lineage now that some of their sons have resurfaced.  FWIW I think that your idea is the best course of action in most of these cases since there are a lot of coalitions we don't get much info about.  Same for any prides in similar situations, e.g., Birmingham Breakaways.

That is an easy one, for sure.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Ngonya - 06-28-2024

Seems to me that the young male on this vid is the missing Kruger Nkuhuma boy.
https://www.instagram.com/stories/andre.vale.9/3399578087291202368/

*This image is copyright of its original author

posted today by André Vale, hoping its recent.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tr1x24 - 06-28-2024

(06-28-2024, 01:58 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Seems to me that the young male on this vid is the missing Kruger Nkuhuma boy.

Yes, you know location?

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - T_Ferguson - 06-28-2024

Nkhuma's up a tree... I hate Hyenas.  Correction.  I hate overpopulation of Hyenas...

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - NLAL11 - 07-07-2024

4 Nkuhuma lionesses on Djuma this morning. Pale Eyes and the Notch-Eared Amber Eyes daughter (Little Amber) identified, not sure on the ID of the two other girls. One seems to be a 2021 sub though. They were on high alert at first, very agitated, though they relaxed after a while and attempted to hunt some zebra. Cedric said they came very fast from the west onto Djuma.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Mwk85 - 07-10-2024

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Ttimemarti - 07-11-2024

How ironic the plains camp males took two females from the nkuhuma pride (ridgenose, amber eyes) then years later took over the nkuhuma pride and are with ridgenose and amber eyes daughters

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 07-11-2024

(07-11-2024, 07:04 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: How ironic the plains camp males took two females from the nkuhuma pride (ridgenose, amber eyes) then years later took over the nkuhuma pride and are with ridgenose and amber eyes daughters

yes....and will be even more intriguing if these 3 girls decide to head into Singita for their settlement.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 07-15-2024

The Nkuhuma Breakaways in the west

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 07-15-2024

“ Eye to Eye with a lioness.

We were parked right next to this fallen over marula tree and the one nkuhuma lioness decided to greet us at a much more suitable height.

@elephantplainsgamelodge”

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Rui Ferreira - 07-15-2024

(07-15-2024, 04:55 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Nkuhuma Breakaways in the west

Im sure PCM wouldn't mind their presence right ?

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - BA0701 - 07-15-2024

(07-15-2024, 05:57 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(07-15-2024, 04:55 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Nkuhuma Breakaways in the west

Im sure PCM wouldn't mind their presence right ?

I am not sure what to expect, if they run into one another. It has been quite some time since there was any interaction between them, not to mention, when their mother(s) were alive, the PCMs visits were very sporadic at best.