WildFact
N'waswitshaka males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: N'waswitshaka males (/topic-n-waswitshaka-males)

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-22-2021

(12-21-2021, 11:38 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 11:29 PM)WildRev Wrote: Gore and another N'was with the Styx pride, Lion sands
Credit: jay.ahmed.private.africa

*This image is copyright of its original author

Gore is the one who has amazed me the most. An internal hernia is one thing, and one can live with those, but one protruding outside of the skin like that is something else entirely. His body's ability to cope with an injury like that is very impressive.

Yeah he definitely deserves a lot of respect

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Duco Ndona - 12-22-2021

Its just a description of their look. Lions often look like that when they haven't eaten for a while as they don't store up energy in fat as much as we would. 
As I said, they are likely just too preoccupied to hunt and cut off from a pride that normally does it for them. (Mating lionesses don't hunt). So its perfectly normal.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - BA0701 - 12-22-2021

(12-22-2021, 12:48 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Its just a description of their look. Lions often look like that when they haven't eaten for a while as they don't store up energy in fat as much as we would. 
As I said, they are likely just too preoccupied to hunt and cut off from a pride that normally does it for them. (Mating lionesses don't hunt). So its perfectly normal.

They've been some very busy boys on all of those fronts, as of late, that much is for sure.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-22-2021

' A few months ago we saw this lion with a wound in his tummy but it looked like he would recover without problems.
However, this last time it actually looked quite the opposite. Apparently he got in a fight with another lion and the outcome everybody can see. Hopefully he will make it.'

edit: in the comment it is said that it was a week ago and that he is looking better

RE: N'waswitshaka males - BA0701 - 12-22-2021

(12-22-2021, 01:08 PM)WildRev Wrote: ' A few months ago we saw this lion with a wound in his tummy but it looked like he would recover without problems.
However, this last time it actually looked quite the opposite. Apparently he got in a fight with another lion and the outcome everybody can see. Hopefully he will make it.'

edit: in the comment it is said that it was a week ago and that he is looking better

So many questions surrounding the Nwas' incursion into B-Boys and N Avoca's territories. Every one of the Nwas' show signs of having been in a physical confrontation, as do the Avocas. Nhenha seems entirely fine, but Tinyo is still missing. So much missing data from the entire ordeal.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-23-2021

Eorenji, Malamala
Filmed by @jaco_wildlife

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-24-2021

One of the N'was and a kambula lioness

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Mdz123 - 12-24-2021

Styx pride with one of N’was males on the move
Posted by Lion Sands

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-26-2021

1 N'was (you can hear another one roaring unless it's a female ) and the Styx pride, Lion Sands.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - lionuk - 12-27-2021

Two N’waswitshaka males at Lion Sands, a beautiful moment between them, though, I am really concerned about Gore's bulging intestine wound. 
Credit: Vosloo

RE: N'waswitshaka males - BA0701 - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 01:59 AM)lionuk Wrote: Two N’waswitshaka males at Lion Sands, a beautiful moment between them, though, I am really concerned about Gore's bulging intestine wound. 
Credit: Vosloo

Yeah, that wound does appear in these images, to be getting worse. That really sucks, but to be honest he has surprised me to have lasted this long with such an injury, he's a very strong and resilient lion, for sure.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - lionuk - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 02:12 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Yeah, that wound does appear in these images, to be getting worse. That really sucks, but to be honest he has surprised me to have lasted this long with such an injury, he's a very strong and resilient lion, for sure.
I concur. It's frustrating he will never get any medical help for his wound. At least, he looks in a good condition and moving. I'm very happy to know he has a great coalition that has a strong bond amongst four males. 
Let's hope he will never encounter any other lions to protect himself.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-27-2021

Amahle and Eorenji roaring on Malamala airstrip. Eorenji's mane has developped well in the past few months, it's good to see.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 12-27-2021

N'was males (Amahle and Eorenji) on Malamala
photos credits: @zali_photo

Photo credit for this one: @legendsafaris