WildFact
Talamati/Msutlu Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Talamati/Msutlu Pride (/topic-talamati-msutlu-pride)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - criollo2mil - 06-11-2024

Tiyelele was once again seen accompanied by only the S8 son yet again. There is increasing concern that the S8 daughter may no longer be with us. It’s now been several weeks since she has been sighted.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - KM600 - 06-13-2024

(06-11-2024, 03:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tiyelele was once again seen accompanied by only the S8 son yet again.   There is increasing concern that the S8 daughter may no longer be with us.   It’s now been several weeks since she has been sighted.

This once again puts into perspective how difficult it can be for a solo male lion to be successful. After they die it’s not like the pride falls into good hands - S8 didn’t have a partner who could step up and ‘weather the storm’ kinda like Blondie did with Mohawk. Obviously thousands of other cases too. If that same solo male doesn’t hold his territory long enough to the point his offspring have already reached independence, then most / all of them will certainly succumb to death and all of it would’ve been for nothing. This ofcourse takes nothing away from the greatness of S8 or other males in similar cases.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - NLAL11 - 06-13-2024

(06-13-2024, 03:08 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 03:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tiyelele was once again seen accompanied by only the S8 son yet again.   There is increasing concern that the S8 daughter may no longer be with us.   It’s now been several weeks since she has been sighted.

This once again puts into perspective how difficult it can be for a solo male lion to be successful. After they die it’s not like the pride falls into good hands - S8 didn’t have a partner who could step up and ‘weather the storm’ kinda like Blondie did with Mohawk. Obviously thousands of other cases too. If that same solo male doesn’t hold his territory long enough to the point his offspring have already reached independence, then most / all of them will certainly succumb to death and all of it would’ve been for nothing. This ofcourse takes nothing away from the greatness of S8 or other males in similar cases.

Timing and luck is everything. Dark Mane's death, while tragic and difficult to watch, was at least well-timed in regards to his offspring. Blondie's death was also slightly better timed (than S8's death), as things did change after he died, but the subs were old enough. And luck was just not kind to the Talamatis. It's not like the 2/3 of the lionesses were even killed by other lions, like with the Othawas. If they hadn't suddenly died, for reasons we still don't really know, then things might have gone differently.

I'll still hold out hope that she turns up, but it's not looking good.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - KM600 - 06-29-2024

Apparently the 4th Talamati / Msutlu female is pregnant, thought her teats would be showing more at this stage but very good news if she is.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - criollo2mil - 07-02-2024

I saw @Go131810 ask about the Talamati Subs on the Maps thread.  

The female Sub adult has been missing for over 5 weeks and is pressumed to be gone now.    

So the Talamati Pride is now down to Tiyelele and the S8 son.   If something were to happen to Tiyelele, then presumably, the Talamati Pride name will go extinct.     This was a HUGE reason why the name change down south was heavily criticized.    Hopefully she prevails to have another litter (with females) and can raise them to independence and protect their pride’s legacy

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - Rui Ferreira - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 06:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I saw @Go131810 ask about the Talamati Subs on the Maps thread.  

The female Sub adult has been missing for over 5 weeks and is pressumed to be gone now.    

So the Talamati Pride is now down to Tiyelele and the S8 son.   If something were to happen to Tiyelele, then presumably, the Talamati Pride name will go extinct.     This was a HUGE reason why the name change down south was heavily criticized.    Hopefully she prevails to have another litter (with females) and can raise them to independence and protect their pride’s legacy

With S8's sub not being hers, could She go into extrus and start mating with other males, or she Will wait until the sub adult is fully raised 
I know its Impossible to know for sure but I'd like to know of you and everyone think thats a possibility

(07-02-2024, 06:25 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 06:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I saw @Go131810 ask about the Talamati Subs on the Maps thread.  

With S8's sub not being hers, could She go into extrus and start mating with other males, or she Will wait until the sub adult is fully raised 
I know its Impossible to know for sure but I'd like to know of you and everyone think thats a possibility

Mothers have been known to go into estrus during any period after two years….many things vary but it’s not totally implausible that she could seek new mates any day now or wait much longer. Many different circumstances will feed and dictate her behavior. I think the sooner, the better tbh.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - BA0701 - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 07:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Mothers have been known to go into estrus during any period after two years….many things vary but it’s not totally implausible that she could seek new mates any day now or wait much longer.   Many different circumstances will feed and dictate her behavior.    I think the sooner, the better tbh.

Perhaps she is waiting, like the rest of us, for the current status in the north to get sorted out. Not a very safe environment, at the moment, for raising young cubbies.

(07-02-2024, 08:11 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 07:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Mothers have been known to go into estrus during any period after two years….many things vary but it’s not totally implausible that she could seek new mates any day now or wait much longer.   Many different circumstances will feed and dictate her behavior.    I think the sooner, the better tbh.

Perhaps she is waiting, like the rest of us, for the current status in the north to get sorted out. Not a very safe environment, at the moment, for raising young cubbies.

That’s a great point. It may be futile to have cubs RN.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - Tr1x24 - 07-03-2024

If she starts mating now, that means death for remaining sub as he would be left alone.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - KM600 - 07-03-2024

I remember a debate in here about whether she treats the subs as her own and I think now especially ends that debate. She’s been going above and beyond for them, unfortunately with only one remaining. It would be very easy for her to find the strongest coalition in the area and start mating straight away, which would most likely mean the end for the male but instead she’s choosing to stay by his side. Have to respect it.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - Ttimemarti - 07-03-2024

Wasn’t the female that raised the Charleston males their aunt not their mother

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - Tr1x24 - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 01:38 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Wasn’t the female that raised the Charleston males their aunt not their mother

Yes.

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - Go131810 - 07-03-2024

Hi you made think of her cousin the other Selatie daughter that is with Gingerella. I read Gingerella has two cub daughters. It never happened that the Ximuguwe lioness had more cubs right now. I would love to see them both have cubs and raise them. So strange how the Selatie daughters were raising their cubs and the pride suffered. I had a question the S8 son is not the last Talamaties lioness son?

RE: Talamati/Msutlu Pride - criollo2mil - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 06:04 AM)Go131810 Wrote:

Hi you made think of her cousin the other Selatie daughter that is with Gingerella. I read Gingerella has two cub daughters. It never happened that the Ximuguwe lioness had more cubs right now. I would love to see them both have cubs and raise them. So strange how the Selatie daughters were raising their cubs and the pride suffered. I had a question the S8 son is not the last Talamaties lioness son?

I don't think there is a clear way to know. he is part of a lotter that was born in close proximity to the other and when all were introduced into the pride, there was not a clear way to link which cub was from which mother. at least i have not been able.