WildFact
Othawa Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Othawa Pride (/topic-othawa-pride)

RE: Othawa Pride - Duco Ndona - 07-19-2022

OM also didnt just disapear like this. (Not that Skorro disapeared). He was seen moving towards the BBoys and his remains were found shortly after.

RE: Othawa Pride - Tr1x24 - 07-19-2022

Based of Savanna game reserve, both Othawas and Tumbela male are staying low profile,after encounter with PC males and also prob to avoid NK/Nhenha males, who are starting to behave like territorial males :

RE: Othawa Pride - DARK MANE - 07-19-2022

(07-19-2022, 06:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Based of Savanna game reserve, both Othawas and Tumbela male are staying low profile,after encounter with PC males and also prob to avoid NK/Nhenha males, who are starting to behave like territorial males :

Here it is showing that tumbela male is having low profile and he is not with the pride

RE: Othawa Pride - BA0701 - 07-19-2022

(07-19-2022, 06:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Based of Savanna game reserve, both Othawas and Tumbela male are staying low profile,after encounter with PC males and also prob to avoid NK/Nhenha males, who are starting to behave like territorial males :

So, the 5th cub "meeting" the PC Males, when did this take place, and what exactly happened? The "cub" in question appears to have bite marks on the back of the neck, and has a limp, but given the PC boys' history I don't believe that is all this young lion would have suffered if attacked by them.

RE: Othawa Pride - criollo2mil - 07-19-2022

(07-19-2022, 08:52 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

So, the 5th cub "meeting" the PC Males, when did this take place, and what exactly happened? The "cub" in question appears to have bite marks on the back of the neck, and has a limp, but given the PC boys' history I don't believe that is all this young lion would have suffered if attacked by them.

Both Dulini and now Savannah are reporting that there was an apparent new altercation with the PCMs.  

In Dulini’s report, they said the Pride  was seen with only 4 cubs for a few days afterwards, but then the 5th re-joined.  

Here Savannah corroborated that story and it does seem as if it’s one of the Aunties  has indeed some lacerations in the back.   

No video or much clarity regarding how it went down.  Or who involved.   But I would consider it a mild miracle that the youngster lived.  

I’m attaching the Dulini text below for context

RE: Othawa Pride - BA0701 - 07-19-2022

(07-19-2022, 09:21 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 08:52 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Both Dulini and now Savannah are reporting that there was an apparent new altercation with the PCMs.  

In Dulini’s report, they said the Pride  was seen with only 4 cubs for a few days afterwards, but then the 5th re-joined.  

Here Savannah corroborated that story and it does seem as if the cub has indeed some lacerations in the back.   

No video or much clarity regarding how not went down.  Or who involved.   But I would consider it a mild. Oracle that the youngster lived.  

I’m attaching the Dulini text below for context

Thank you for that my friend!

RE: Othawa Pride - Tonpa - 07-20-2022

Are those definitely new wounds?

RE: Othawa Pride - criollo2mil - 07-20-2022

(07-20-2022, 01:46 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Are those definitely new wounds?

I can’t be certain, but I see reddish hue which made me think recent?

RE: Othawa Pride - BA0701 - 07-20-2022

Is that limp old, or did she develop that recently?

RE: Othawa Pride - criollo2mil - 07-20-2022

(07-20-2022, 03:59 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Is that limp old, or did she develop that recently?

She’s had that limp for quite a long while now.   It comes and goes , sometimes not noticeable, sometimes quite pronounced

RE: Othawa Pride - lionuk - 07-22-2022

Othawa Pride was seen in the late afternoon today and again without Skorro jr
Vid credit: Dulini

RE: Othawa Pride - 1ofCourage - 07-22-2022

(07-22-2022, 12:41 AM)lionuk Wrote: Othawa Pride was seen in the late afternoon today and again without Skorro jr
Vid credit: Dulini

When something like this happened with Red Road male, he had been in the Tintswalo male lion's back yard and they retaliated pretty quickly with him. 
He stayed away from the Nharu pride for a couple weeks as he recovered from some bites and was not well received by the pride when he first came back.
As far as I know he has not done that again.

Skorro Jr. had been eating in Singita which is PC territory now, and it seems that they had a swift response to that.
Perhaps Skorro will just stay away from the pride for awhile and return again.

RE: Othawa Pride - Bellateda - 07-22-2022

Skorro may decide it is not worth to fight against 4 males and decided to leave this tough place.

RE: Othawa Pride - lionuk - 07-23-2022

Again without Skorro jr

RE: Othawa Pride - lionuk - 07-26-2022

The Othawas are back in the Western sector