WildFact
Avoca male lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Avoca male lions (/topic-avoca-male-lions)

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 04-16-2021

Lonely King of Djuma 16-04-2021

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Avoca male lions - Gijima - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 09:10 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 08:22 PM)Gijima Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 08:59 PM)Potato Wrote: The 2 Southern Avocas were seen resting near Rhino Post Lodge, KNP, April 14.

Is this location part of their normal territory or are they revisiting their old stomping grounds? It seems very far east but I know they used to hang out there a while ago.

They were hang out there a few times before. They seems to established as dominant more in Kruger than Sabi Sands. A bit unlucky as these boys could have been a real force in the area

I know, for selfish reasons I really wish they stayed in the Sands (better sightings). I'm sure they're doing great in Kruger though.

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 04-20-2021

Avoca males - lionuk - 04-21-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - BA0701 - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 08:13 PM)lionuk Wrote:

Hello LionUK,
    Welcome to WildFact, I hope you enjoy your time here. Please search for existing threads before creating a new one. I moved your post on the Avocas to the correct thread. Moving forward, if there is a a question, or you believe we have a need for a specific thread, please check with a mod, as we don't allow randomly created threads. Reason being, like in this instance, there is likely a thread that already exists.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay, we look forward to your contributions!

RE: Avoca male lions - Gijima - 04-22-2021

(04-21-2021, 08:13 PM)lionuk Wrote:

The last part has the smaller maned S Avoca charging full speed ahead (I think, it's a bit hard to tell). He's always following his brother so that was cool to see. Definitely a bit of Mohawk in him.

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 04-25-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - lionuk - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 12:26 PM)Potato Wrote:

It's really good to see him doing well. I hope he will be back with Talamatis soon because of other young males not far from them, such as Plains Camp males. Besides, there are several sub-adults within that pride that need his protection until they are old enough and ready to leave.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 01:33 PM)lionuk Wrote: It's really good to see him doing well. I hope he will be back with Talamatis soon because of other young males not far from them, such as Plains Camp males. Besides, there are several sub-adults within that pride that need his protection until they are old enough and ready to leave.

They dont need protection anymore, they are well over 2 yrs old and already big as adult lionesses.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-28-2021

S. Avocas on H1-2, Kruger Sightings :

RE: Avoca male lions - Hairy tummy - 04-29-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-30-2021

Mohawk now is definitely acting like more dominant of the 2, atleast in this campaign against Bboys. 

Also he turned into impressive male in the past year or so, he now looks bigger in frame then Blondie, which was not the case in 2018/19, he bulked a lot.

RE: Avoca male lions - Gijima - 04-30-2021

Southern Avoca
Credit: Eckson Sithole

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 04-30-2021

(04-30-2021, 12:50 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mohawk now is definitely acting like more dominant of the 2, atleast in this campaign against Bboys. 
Beside chassing Nhenha, all the movements Avocas made against Birminghams they did together.

(04-30-2021, 12:50 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also he turned into impressive male in the past year or so, he now looks bigger in frame then Blondie, which was not the case in 2018/19, he bulked a lot.
I assume refering to the 1:09 into the video above. I think it is mostly about their current condition. You can see Mohawk's stomach bulging up and Blondie's concave belly.  It looks like Mohawk was feeding much better than Blondie. Could also be that Blondie have some illness.  I hope it is just option one and Blondie soon will catch up with mass althrought it is not first time he looks really skinny and there is a chance that he has some ilness which hampers his condition permanently. Anyway I do not think Mohawk really bulked (beside that he is clearly overfeed at the moment for his standards), more like Blondie is skinny and because of that Mohawk looks good in comparison to him. 

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 04-30-2021

(04-30-2021, 02:08 AM)Potato Wrote: Beside chassing Nhenha, all the movements Avocas made against Birminghams they did together.

Watch behavior..

(04-30-2021, 02:08 AM)Potato Wrote: I assume refering to the 1:09 into the video above. I think it is mostly about their current condition. You can see Mohawk's stomach bulging up and Blondie's concave belly.  It looks like Mohawk was feeding much better than Blondie. Could also be that Blondie have some illness.  I hope it is just option one and Blondie soon will catch up with mass althrought it is not first time he looks really skinny and there is a chance that he has some ilness which hampers his condition permanently. Anyway I do not think Mohawk really bulked (beside that he is clearly overfeed at the moment for his standards), more like Blondie is skinny and because of that Mohawk looks good in comparison to him. 

See Mohawk videos from 2019, he is much more muscular and bulkier now.