WildFact
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage (/topic-avoca-male-lions-and-their-male-lineage)

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 03:25 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Which avocas killed the Piva male leopard? The S. Avocas?

Yes i think so, that was beautiful male leopard.

RE: Avoca male lions - Gijima - 01-06-2021

A young Bigger Maned S Avoca (credit: Claire Trickett & joshvdploeg)

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Avoca male lions - Hairy tummy - 01-11-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 01-11-2021

Dark mane Avoca doesn't have a dark mane? This world is a lie

RE: Avoca male lions - Dark Jaguar - 01-11-2021

North Avoca males.

credits: Chris Taylor

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 01-11-2021

One of the Avoca males tries to kill a hyena.

RE: Avoca male lions - Gijima - 01-12-2021

(01-11-2021, 02:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dark mane Avoca doesn't have a dark mane? This world is a lie

Lol, I feel that way about Kalahari black maned lions... some of them are really blonde!

Lone King... (credit: WE, Jan 11, 2021)

RE: Avoca male lions - Rabubi - 01-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 05:20 AM)Gijima Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 02:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dark mane Avoca doesn't have a dark mane? This world is a lie

Lol, I feel that way about Kalahari black maned lions... some of them are really blonde!

The suggestion that the Kalahari has only black-maned lions and that you only find them there is a huge misconception. Not all male Kalahari lions have black manes and not all black-maned lions are from the Kalahari (i.e. South Shishangeni male,  Makhulu Mapogo, Dark Mane Majingilane, the Charleston brothers, the Black Dam male, etc.).

RE: Avoca male lions - Gijima - 01-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 03:24 PM)Rabubi Wrote:

The suggestion that the Kalahari has only black-maned lions and that you only find them there is a huge misconception. Not all male Kalahari lions have black manes and not all black-maned lions are from the Kalahari (i.e. South Shishangeni male,  Makhulu Mapogo, Dark Mane Majingilane, the Charleston brothers, the Black Dam male, etc.).
Not suggesting that at all. I don’t think Tonpa and I were being that serious, plus even black maned lions tend to be pretty blonde around the face, which was the original point. : )

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 01-12-2021

Blondie in his absolute prime :

Photo Credit : diaries of a nomad

He was not seen limping for a while now (more then half a year if im not mistaken) , so thats very good.

Im a bit suprised that still not 1 younger lioness gave birth, they are mating with them for quite a while now..

Also as they are approaching 3 years with Nkuhumas, will be interesting to see if those 2 will attempt to shift territory soon, which might happen when 3 younger lionesses gave birth..

RE: Avoca male lions - Hairy tummy - 01-13-2021

RE: Avoca male lions - Rabubi - 01-13-2021

(01-12-2021, 06:26 PM)Gijima Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 03:24 PM)Rabubi Wrote:

Not suggesting that at all. I don’t think Tonpa and I were being that serious, plus even black maned lions tend to be pretty blonde around the face, which was the original point. : )

Oh I see I've jumped the gun hahaha. My bad ?

RE: Avoca male lions - titose - 01-13-2021

-Nkuhuma pride males-

One of the Avoca Males (Blondie, as they call him on @wildearthofficial) sits proudly atop a dam wall close to camp as the sun starts to gently cast its morning rays.
#SabiSands 
By: Kyle-Devrin Olivier

RE: Avoca male lions - Dark Jaguar - 01-15-2021

The Avoca male with one of his daughters from the Talamati pride.

credit: Sipps Maswannganyi

RE: Avoca male lions - Potato - 01-15-2021