WildFact
Plains Camp males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Plains Camp males (/topic-plains-camp-males)

RE: Plains Camp males - Zigzag - 07-20-2023

*This image is copyright of its original author
loyal brothers Plains Camp males

RE: Plains Camp males - T I N O - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 07:34 AM)Zigzag Wrote:
loyal brothers Plains Camp males

Great post - Please add credits to his original author, of possible.

RE: Plains Camp males - 1999gc8 - 07-27-2023

One of the PC males very close to vehicle and giving a very intimidating stare to the guide.

RE: Plains Camp males - lionuk - 07-28-2023

The two Plains Camp males yesterday at Savanna Game Reserve. Apparently, one of these males has some fresh facial wounds. Not sure how he got those.
Pic credit: Kathy Wrobel 

RE: Plains Camp males - Mapokser - 07-29-2023

His face is always like this with injuries in the same area. I think from fighting his brother but his brother is always fine.

Edit: I've just seen Tumbela has a bad limp, so it's probably it.

RE: Plains Camp males - criollo2mil - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 01:15 AM)Mapokser Wrote: His face is always like this with injuries in the same area. I think from fighting his brother but his brother is always fine.

Edit: I've just seen Tumbela has a bad limp, so it's probably it.

The photos of the PCM w scarring were take. The week of 4 July. So they’re a few weeks old. Tumbela has been favoring this leg for weeks.

It may be aggravated now or it’s how it’s stuff after he’s laying a while. He can be seen putting weight on it towards the end.

RE: Plains Camp males - Tr1x24 - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 01:15 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Edit: I've just seen Tumbela has a bad limp, so it's probably it.

Not every little scar male gets is from fighting rival males...

This can be easily done by lioness, let alone his brother..

I swear, every little scar or limp males get always gets conclusion that they where fighting rival males..

RE: Plains Camp males - Mapokser - 07-29-2023

These were hardly little scars and it's hard for cats to cut other cats with their claws due to their loose skin and durability, they'll barely feel casual slaps from lionesses.

Look at Mandevu who was pinned and bitten in the face for a long time and still left with his face not much worse than the PCM in that photo.

And Tumbela has a borderline worst limp you can get.

RE: Plains Camp males - Tr1x24 - 07-30-2023

(07-29-2023, 11:03 PM)Mapokser Wrote: These were hardly little scars and it's hard for cats to cut other cats with their claws due to their loose skin and durability, they'll barely feel casual slaps from lionesses.

Look at Mandevu who was pinned and bitten in the face for a long time and still left with his face not much worse than the PCM in that photo.

And Tumbela has a borderline worst limp you can get.

Tumbela is limping for weeks.

Also, watch some pictures from mating rights fights, this is nothing lol..

RE: Plains Camp males - Mapokser - 07-30-2023

Tumbela had a very slight limp before, then suddenly he shows up with the worse limp possible from a post stating he was probably attacked or injured in a hunting, by a tourist who btw is hearing stuff from the rangers, as they stated Tumbela was the father of the subadults they saw the day prior.

So how exactly is absurd that I'm barely repeating what is reported, that he was probably injured?

RE: Plains Camp males - Mwk85 - 07-31-2023

1/2 PC Males on patrol. Said to be far from his brother and the Ximhungwe lionesses.

RE: Plains Camp males - 1999gc8 - 07-31-2023

A longer version of the clip on previous post but you get a really good side profile at end that shows how huge he is.

RE: Plains Camp males - Tr1x24 - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 12:59 PM)1999gc8 Wrote: A longer version of the clip on previous post but you get a really good side profile at end that show's how huge he is.

He solo took buffalo carcass from Talamatis :

What a beast, he is buffed likea a bodybuilder, also swagger in his walk.

RE: Plains Camp males - Robot00 - 07-31-2023

The pc boys are like the 2nd coming of the young s.avocas. built like tanks and huge. 

Hopefully these boys are not too overconfident by always patrolling by themselves. If they keep on doing this in the foreseeable future they will be in trouble.

RE: Plains Camp males - sik94 - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 08:38 PM)Robot00 Wrote: The pc boys are like the 2nd coming of the young s.avocas. built like tanks and huge. 

Hopefully these boys are not too overconfident by always patrolling by themselves. If they keep on doing this in the foreseeable future they will be in trouble.

S. Avocas weren't much like PCMs at all early on, PCMs are more confident and impressive than the Avocas were around the same age.