WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - T_Ferguson - 05-07-2024

Losing Lorkulup might break me a bit.  Olobor being taken by humans also looms VERY large here.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - LyonLover - 05-08-2024

(05-07-2024, 09:23 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Losing Lorkulup might break me a bit.  Olobor being taken by humans also looms VERY large here.

Losing Lorkulup would be really devastating indeed. Hopefully they can stay under the radar till these guys go back to their pride. 

It is possible they could have gotten ahold of Olobor but Oloshipa never left his side, and he was spotted with no injuries or even scratches. So I also doubt it from that standpoint. I also don’t know how much these three guys are followed but I would also assume they would show up with injuries or scratches cause no way was a lion like Olobor going down without a fight, even to 3 lions in their prime. Anything is possible though at the same time so i’m not saying it couldn’t have happened.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - T_Ferguson - 05-08-2024

I think Oloborani is a different lion.  It's pretty much established now that Olobor was killed by humans.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 05-08-2024

(05-08-2024, 01:33 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I think Oloborani is a different lion.  It's pretty much established now that Olobor was killed by humans.

Yah, who is oloborani?

(05-08-2024, 03:45 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 01:33 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I think Oloborani is a different lion.  It's pretty much established now that Olobor was killed by humans.

Yah, who is oloborani?

He was a Marsh Boy and partner of Orkirikoi.  They held a pride adjacent to where the Rongai pride is.  Orkirikoi is still with that pride.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mapokser - 05-08-2024

@T_Ferguson it's not like Olonkera and the other sub can do anything besides running and dying.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 05-08-2024

(05-08-2024, 04:48 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

Yah, who is oloborani?

He was a Marsh Boy and partner of Orkirikoi.  They held a pride adjacent to where the Rongai pride is.  Orkirikoi is still with that pride.
Is he a six pack son also? I thought the only mature son the six pack have is marsh boy orkirikoi?

(05-08-2024, 06:13 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Yah, who is oloborani?

Is he a six pack son also? I thought the only mature son the six pack have is marsh boy orkirikoi?

I don't think the 2 were related, but I am not positive on that.  I agree with your assessment of it.

Oloimina is back with the Rongai this morning.  That gives Lurkulup some backup.  I'll take these 2 and the pride against any 3 rogue males.  Just stay together boys!!!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 05-08-2024

(05-08-2024, 04:46 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Oloimina is back with the Rongai this morning.  That gives Lurkulup some backup.  I'll take these 2 and the pride against any 3 rogue males.  Just stay together boys!!!

Been seen with a few scratches on his face recently, I think he’s been fighting Oloshipa for mating rights with the MFY pride.

(05-08-2024, 04:55 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 04:46 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Oloimina is back with the Rongai this morning.  That gives Lurkulup some backup.  I'll take these 2 and the pride against any 3 rogue males.  Just stay together boys!!!

Been seen with a few scratches on his face recently, I think he’s been fighting Oloshipa for mating rights with the MFY pride.

Yeah... I wish they'd all come back and deal with these Serengeti intruders.  For the sake of themselves and every lion around them.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Ponce - 05-08-2024

Here you have all the clips in a complete video. Oloimina, subs, Lorkulup and Oolnkera.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 05-09-2024

(05-08-2024, 06:13 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Yah, who is oloborani?

No, Olobor and Oloborani were two completely different males...Oloborani was son of the late 2 Kichwa males - either Short-tail or Fang, more likely the latter as i think - he was known as 'Kichwa son' and he teamed up with 'Marsh Boy' Orkirikoi very early in their nomadic period.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 05-10-2024

(05-08-2024, 03:45 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Yah, who is oloborani?

Like Lipstick2 mentioned Olborani is son of the massive, impressive Short Tail Kitchwa male, brother of Blondie, aka Fang. He teamed up with Orkirikoi aka Marah boy, son of Chongo, 1/6 6 Pack males.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 05-10-2024

(05-08-2024, 06:21 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I don't think the 2 were related, but I am not positive on that.  I agree with your assessment of it.

Not related.  6 Pack have a bunbunch of sons in Paradise Pride and im pretty sure they're either dispersed now or close to being so. They also had a son in Topi but he disappeared. River pride also have a bunch of almost dispersed sons and they might have in Muguro before Doa disappeared and Nyati Boys took pride.