WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 08-01-2024

(08-01-2024, 05:06 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Orpen ym, Mbiri cubs, and members of the Mbiri Pride. Said to have been taken recently, not sure of exact date, unfortunately.

some believe that Cub might actually be his. I know he was seen in what looked like mock mating a few times....mounting one of the females...maybe it wasn't fake afterall.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 08-01-2024

Idk why some thought that wasn't for real when guides themselves reported he was mating.

I believe the cubs are from the Tintswalos though.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - RookiePundit - 08-02-2024

No matter whether he even thinks the cub is his, the cub certainly seems to be safe around him, such an endearing scene!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 08-05-2024

James Milker’s latest publication pays tribute to The Red Road Male

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-05-2024

(08-05-2024, 05:59 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: James Milker’s latest publication pays tribute to The Red Road Male

I posted this, in the wrong thread, not paying attention, apparently. Excellent effort by Mr. Miller, top notch stuff!

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-06-2024

Painted Dog catches an Impala, Cheetah steals kill from Painted Dog, Red Road Male comes and steals kill from Cheetah.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - NLAL11 - 08-06-2024

(08-06-2024, 09:10 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Painted Dog catches an Impala, Cheetah steals kill from Painted Dog, Red Road Male comes and steals kill from Cheetah.

Good to see a cheetah stealing a kill for once rather than losing one. Bet he was like 'Yeah not so tough without your friends are you.' He/she was making a noise like a house cat when RR showed up.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-07-2024

(08-06-2024, 11:07 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 09:10 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Painted Dog catches an Impala, Cheetah steals kill from Painted Dog, Red Road Male comes and steals kill from Cheetah.

Good to see a cheetah stealing a kill for once rather than losing one. Bet he was like 'Yeah not so tough without your friends are you.' He/she was making a noise like a house cat when RR showed up.

Yeah that sound she was making, along with RRMs cautious approach was funny. Agreed as well, at seeing a Cheetah stealing a kill, a rare sight indeed, usually the other way around. To be honest, I have not seen a lot of interactions between Cheetah and Painted Dogs, or leopards either, but have seen Hyenas steal a ton of Cheetah kills in the Mara. Cheetahs are truly amazing cats.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - GhostCatP-22 - 08-07-2024

(08-07-2024, 01:30 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Yeah that sound she was making, along with RRMs cautious approach was funny. Agreed as well, at seeing a Cheetah stealing a kill, a rare sight indeed, usually the other way around. To be honest, I have not seen a lot of interactions between Cheetah and Painted Dogs, or leopards either, but have seen Hyenas steal a ton of Cheetah kills in the Mara. Cheetahs are truly amazing cats.

So what happened to the pack that there was only one wild dog/painted wolf?

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-07-2024

(08-07-2024, 02:17 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(08-07-2024, 01:30 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

So what happened to the pack that there was only one wild dog/painted wolf?

Not quite sure, he only mentioned the dog, in saying it lost the kill to the cheetah, not much more after that. Too bad, too, I love painted dogs, as well, such fascinating and caring creatures.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 08-08-2024

The Mantimahles find some hyena eating a dead hippo, the hyena were too focused on their meal and didn't see the lions, until it was too late, costing one hyena his life.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 08-08-2024

Our old Friend Wonky Eye has made a re-appearance. Once again in the company of Imbali YMs, sons of S8.

This is a relief after @Tonpa and I were afraid he had been lost after no sightings in a long time.

9:05am
Pride of Lion
"3 male lions and 1 lioness including mating pair"
S36, at the Hamilton tented camp no entry sign (south Entrance)
Near Tshokwane
5/5
Tinged by Brian

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 08-08-2024

@criollo2mil 

What about Leeubron males in this area? Nothing on them in a while ( tbf no updates for anyone in Mluwati Concession in a while, Skybed son?).

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 08-08-2024

(08-08-2024, 06:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @criollo2mil 

What about Leeubron males in this area? Nothing on them in a while ( tbf no updates for anyone in Mluwati Concession in a while, Skybed son?).

We were asking ourselves that exact question about the Leeubron . Last sighting I recall was back in December. Very little being shared from that region

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Cath2020 - 08-08-2024

Wonky Eye IS the son of the S8 Male according to ranger reports.  There are 3 sons in that coalition.  All sons of of his. It would make total sense, plus he looks similar.