WildFact
Lions of Manyeleti - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Manyeleti (/topic-lions-of-manyeleti)

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 07-23-2024

Reports from Manyeleti today say Red Road sustained an injury during a hunt of a Girrafe today.

Early reports seemed serious but he was later found at the Girrafe kill eating reasonably well.    Guide does say he lost a few teeth but otherwise looks in great shape.  

Credit:   Vestment.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Ngonya - 07-24-2024

(07-23-2024, 11:56 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Reports from Manyeleti today say Red Road sustained an injury during a hunt of a Girrafe today.

Early reports seemed serious but he was later found at the Girrafe kill eating reasonably well.    Guide does say he lost a few teeth but otherwise looks in great shape.  
Vestment says he has no scratches after the encounter with the Kambulas. Red Road is really tuff!

He looks in perfect shape. But its possible to notice his lip is a little similar to bigger Mbiri and the gone Styx/S26 male

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Hairy tummy - 07-24-2024

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 07-24-2024

Video footage of Red Road at the Girrafe Kill

Credit: Vestment

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Tr1x24 - 07-24-2024

(07-24-2024, 12:36 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Video footage of Red Road at the Girrafe  Kill

Where are they compared to Kambulas?

I think more clashes will definetly happen.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 07-24-2024

(07-24-2024, 02:44 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 12:36 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Video footage of Red Road at the Girrafe  Kill

Where are they compared to Kambulas?

I think more clashes will definetly happen.

Let me ask the guides and see if they have a good location for everyone

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 07-24-2024

Mbiri Pride, with the young Orpen male and one slightly injured lioness, guide presumes it to be from a hunting injury.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 07-25-2024

The subadult male is one of the 2 Tintswalo sons, Orpen boy is older.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 07-25-2024

(07-25-2024, 01:24 AM)Mapokser Wrote: The subadult male is one of the 2 Tintswalo sons, Orpen boy is older.

I thought he looked younger than the last time I saw him, just thought that perhaps things had been stressful of late.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - BA0701 - 07-26-2024

Red Road, and the Nharus, after the scuffle with the Kambulas.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 07-28-2024

The Three cubs of the Mbiri Pride are accounted for.   Can’t say the same regarding the 3 Sub Adult Males. I keep seeing only two.

I’m not exactly sure who sired these cubs.   Not sure if the TL lines up for Tintswalos, for Mbiris or even Orpen YM.

Credit:  Vestment

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 07-28-2024

Orpen son is alive, so is one of the Tintawalo sons, but his brother is missing?

As for the cubs, aren't they for sure Tintswalo's? I remember when it was said they were born, Tintswalos weren't off for longer than 3 months.

For me the timeline lines up quite well.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - criollo2mil - 07-29-2024

(07-28-2024, 09:23 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Orpen son is alive, so is one of the Tintawalo sons, but his brother is missing?

As for the cubs, aren't they for sure Tintswalo's? I remember when it was said they were born, Tintswalos weren't off for longer than 3 months.

For me the timeline lines up quite well.

Yes, Orpen, his sister and the middle Male w sister are accounted for,    I have not been able to get a sighting of the solo youngest male I call Solo.   But maybe he’s become harder to ID and ‘or mistaken for his cousin.    

I wouldn’t rule out the cubs being from tintswalos.   But it would not make much sense that they would depart so recent to them mating with females.    IDK.  That’s my thinking.   I can’t remember where, but someone suggested Mbiris.   I never saw a mating instance so I can’t speak on them.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mapokser - 07-29-2024

I think something that helped push the Titnswalos to leave despite mating and having a big pride was because it was their natal pride so some instincts to leave were there.

Once Ncila fully recovered and bonded with his brother again, they being in their prime moved off.

Some say pressure from Mbiris played a role but particularly I don't buy that.

RE: Lions of Manyeleti - Mwk85 - 08-01-2024

Orpen ym, Mbiri cubs, and members of the Mbiri Pride. Said to have been taken recently, not sure of exact date, unfortunately.