WildFact
The Birmingham Males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Birmingham Males (/topic-the-birmingham-males)

RE: The Birmingham Males - Tr1x24 - 11-25-2022

(11-24-2022, 10:49 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: There arent much opportunities for them here.

Well thats not true, as 3 prides in northern Sabi Sands are controled by lone males, and 1 more is without pride male there. Thats the best chance you can get anywhere tbf.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Duco Ndona - 11-25-2022

Perhaps. If they stopped running at the first hint a larger coalition is near. Otherwise I am not seeing them settling down anywhere close to the PCmales or Nwaswitshakas.

And that rules out half of the reserve.

RE: The Birmingham Males - DARK MANE - 11-25-2022

Nhenha seen by leopard hills.
He is back in west and announce himself loudly.

RE: The Birmingham Males - criollo2mil - 11-25-2022

“A Lion that never seizes to give up or accept defeat.

The Birmingham Male has returned once again to the Western sector despite knowing what lies in wait here.”

RE: The Birmingham Males - Hairy tummy - 11-25-2022

Life on the road and Nhenha still seems to Defying the ravages of age! Hes Looking brilliant, great watching his journey

RE: The Birmingham Males - Cath2020 - 11-25-2022

(11-25-2022, 08:00 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: Nhenha seen by leopard hills.
He is back in west and announce himself loudly.

This is not good.  There is no future for the B'hams there if they cannot drive away the PC Males.  Their cubs were most likely just killed from the Ximhungwe Lioness, and he's only getting older.  Maybe Nym should go his own separate way and find another territory with a younger lion.  His partner will not follow him and insists on going back to the Western sector.  This could end badly for the coalition.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Musa15 - 11-26-2022

Well that's how it goes sometimes. Some Lions, like a lot of humans, refuse to settle for less than what they really want.

Nhenha is a legend. Such an interesting creature, it's a pleasure following his journey. It's not over yet.

RE: The Birmingham Males - DARK MANE - 11-26-2022

(11-25-2022, 11:34 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: This is not good.  There is no future for the B'hams there if they cannot drive away the PC Males.  Their cubs were most likely just killed from the Ximhungwe Lioness, and he's only getting older.  Maybe Nym should go his own separate way and find another territory with a younger lion.  His partner will not follow him and insists on going back to the Western sector.  This could end badly for the coalition.
Well, in the past 1.5 yrs I have learn not to consider any lion down until he is down.
Nhenha is still in very good condition.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Cath2020 - 11-26-2022

Well, when you think about it.  It's not like the older male has anything to lose.... He's already been a pride male several times over, sired a bunch of offspring, and almost completed his lifecycle as a successful lion.  It's Nym I'm more worried about.  He's not yet there and might not get there anytime soon with such a partner.  We'll see.  I'd like to stay positive for the young male and hope he can find his way in the Wild West of Sabi Sands, since that is where he seems to want to stay...for now.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Hairy tummy - 11-26-2022

(11-26-2022, 08:42 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Well, when you think about it.  It's not like the older male has anything to lose.... He's already been a pride male several times over, sired a bunch of offspring, and almost completed his lifecycle as a successful lion.  It's Nym I'm more worried about.  He's not yet there and might not get there anytime soon with such a partner.  We'll see.  I'd like to stay positive for the young male and hope he can find his way in the Wild West of Sabi Sands, since that is where he seems to want to stay...for now.
The nkhuma male has experienced life by himself,knows how hard it can be. i cant see anyway he'll just leave nhenha to benifit himself. Look how much hes developed with nhenha guiding him too.
There is no master plan, just got to go with the flow and watch their story unfold

RE: The Birmingham Males - criollo2mil - 11-26-2022

Birminghams @ slide 4

RE: The Birmingham Males - Cunaguaro - 11-29-2022

This roar can never be surpassed, especially from a legendary King like the last Birmingham male. King Nhenha.
The eldest male in Sabi Sands, the fiercest and the most bloodthirsty, despite his advanced age, still poses a threat to everything he passes through.

Sabi Sands, South Africa.
Photographer Credit: @nickkleer

RE: The Birmingham Males - criollo2mil - 12-03-2022

Nhenha seen mating w Gingerella in the west. 

The 2 BDYMS were within the traverse area also. 

Credit:  omegagodi

RE: The Birmingham Males - DARK MANE - 12-06-2022

Nhenha at leopard hills.
6/12/2022

RE: The Birmingham Males - lionuk - 12-07-2022

The Birminghams seen on Leopard Hills last night, announcing their presence.
Credit: Stuart Buy