WildFact
The Matshapiri Males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Matshapiri Males (/topic-the-matshapiri-males)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Matshapiri Males - T Rabbit - 08-07-2017

the matshapiri male is alone and defeated by the avocas and majingilanes but he is not ready to abandon his dominant life. he is looking for some females to mate yet.

RE: The Matshapiri Males - Gamiz - 08-09-2017

Matshapiri male and Kambula lioness - Mala Mala Reserve - Uploaded August 3,2017

Photo by:Jeff Rodgers

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: The Matshapiri Males - Wild Warrior - 08-15-2017

Avoca young males already ousted the Matshapiri lone male and started mating with lionesses.

RE: The Matshapiri Males - vinodkumarn - 08-16-2017

(08-15-2017, 01:56 PM)Wild Warrior Wrote:

Avoca young males already ousted the Matshapiri lone male and started mating with lionesses.

This was a old video, 2 months ago
After this there are several run-ins between these coilations

RE: The Matshapiri Males - jacksonsmash - 08-16-2017

IS  IT SAFE TO ASSUME THAT THE LITTERS PRODUCED BY THE KAMBULA/NTSEVU PRIDE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO DIDNT SURVIVE ?

RE: The Matshapiri Males - sik94 - 08-16-2017

I wouldn't say that. Everything is still up in the air. The pride has probably split up for the moment if there are any cubs.

RE: The Matshapiri Males - vinodkumarn - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 04:50 AM)sik94 Wrote: I wouldn't say that. Everything is still up in the air. The pride has probably split up for the moment if there are any cubs.

I second you. From the report it appears that at least 3 of them have litters.
As Avocas have mated with many Lionesses of the pride (Including the lactating ones)
They may accept the cubs as their own. In fact the cubs of the first 3 Lionesses are Matshapiris, any new litter will be sired by may be Avocas.
Or even BBoys/Majis.. I won't be surprised!

Just like Southern Pride's eldest cubs are sired by Fourways and accepted by Charlestons!!

RE: The Matshapiri Males - jacksonsmash - 08-18-2017

(08-16-2017, 06:21 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 04:50 AM)sik94 Wrote: I wouldn't say that. Everything is still up in the air. The pride has probably split up for the moment if there are any cubs.

I second you. From the report it appears that at least 3 of them have litters.
As Avocas have mated with many Lionesses of the pride (Including the lactating ones)
They may accept the cubs as their own. In fact the cubs of the first 3 Lionesses are Matshapiris, any new litter will be sired by may be Avocas.
Or even BBoys/Majis.. I won't be surprised!

Just like Southern Pride's eldest cubs are sired by Fourways and accepted by Charlestons!!

WHEN WERE THE OLDEST CUBS IN THE SOUTHERN PRIDE BORN.   ITS FUNNY  THEY ARE THE BIGGEST PRIDE IN SABI SANDS AND THE PRIDE I KNOW ABOUT THE LEAST.  I KNOW THERE ARE 5 ADULT FEMALES BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW THE EXACT COMPOSITION OF THE SOUTHERN / SELATI PRIDE?  CAN SOMEONE FILL ME IN.

RE: The Matshapiri Males - sik94 - 08-18-2017

I can see nine cubs and 2 lionesses in this very recent picture from sabisabi. So there seem to be 5 lionesses with atleast 9 young cubs.

I APOLOGIZE     I SHOULD HAVE ASKED THAT QUESTION IN THE OTHER THREAD

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

RE: The Matshapiri Males - T Rabbit - 09-02-2017

[attachment=970] 
The matshapiri male is back to mala mala. He was mating with one of the kambulas.

RE: The Matshapiri Males - vinodkumarn - 09-02-2017

(09-02-2017, 01:31 AM)T Rabbit Wrote:  
The matshapiri male is back to mala mala. He was mating with one of the kambulas.

Good to know he is back!
But I am worried that 3 Majis are also mating with Kambulas!

I am not sure Avocs will come back from Sabi Sabi.

Avocas are really lucky earlier that one of the Matshipiri got injured.
Now they are chased all around by everyone. Majis, Tsalalas, Souther pride Females....
I think Kambulas lack confidence or they are leaderless (Unliek Mandeleve for Southern pride)  to confront Avocas during that time

RE: The Matshapiri Males - vinodkumarn - 09-02-2017

To add to @T Rabbit

MALAMALA TODAY: September 1st. 4 lion sightings: the lone Matshipiri male is back! We found him in the company of 5 Kambula lionesses along the Sand River south of Main Camp. He is in exceptional condition and mated several times with one of the lionesses. A mere kilometer away, on the other side of Main Camp, was the Marthly pride. While we were watching the 2 lionesses and 5 youngsters the other 2 Marthly lionesses appeared in the distance! They 2 'outcasts' made a steady retreat once they noticed the other 7. At first it seemed like an over-reaction from the tailless lioness but her motives soon became clear when she led us to her 2 young cubs that were stashed away nearby. They then proceeded to move away even further and at a brisk pace. The 2 lionesses with the 5 cubs moved south as darkness fell and we watched them hunt nyala near Main Camp. The Eyrefield pride were seen in the south. 

RE: The Matshapiri Males - LionKiss - 09-03-2017

Kambula/Nevtsu (correct spelling??) Pride mate with all male coalitions in SS.