WildFact
Styx Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Styx Pride (/topic-styx-pride)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Styx Pride - Tr1x24 - 08-16-2023

Floppy ear with sister :

RE: Styx Pride - criollo2mil - 08-20-2023

Floppy Ear Styx and two sister hunt a wilderbeest but then it is stolen by Nkuhuma and Talamatis

RE: Styx Pride - Mapokser - 08-23-2023

Anyone knows who's Floppy Ear mother, as well as the specific mothers of the remaining subs?

RE: Styx Pride - Tr1x24 - 08-23-2023

(08-23-2023, 12:49 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Anyone knows who's Floppy Ear mother, as well as the specific mothers of the remaining subs?

Older female give birth first i think.

RE: Styx Pride - Mapokser - 08-23-2023

@Tr1x24 How old is this female, when was she born?

RE: Styx Pride - Tr1x24 - 08-23-2023

(08-23-2023, 01:24 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 How old is this female, when was she born?

RE: Styx Pride - criollo2mil - 08-23-2023

(08-23-2023, 12:49 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Anyone knows who's Floppy Ear mother, as well as the specific mothers of the remaining subs?

It isn’t specifically known because two litters were born in very close proximity (Jan 2021) and I dont think there are images of the litters with their young to give specific IDs. But it is between the Rollercoaster or the Birmingham Daughter. The Majingilane Daughter is mother to the younger litter of July 2021.

RE: Styx Pride - WildRev - 08-25-2023

RE: Styx Pride - BA0701 - 08-25-2023

As one who often struggles to identify individual lions on the spot, it usually takes me a couple of minutes of studying them and even then I may not be able to identify them. There are a few I can ID immediately, they have something distinct, usually with their faces, that instantly stands out to me, Makhulu is one such lion (my all-time favorite lion), but so is FE. It isn't even his ear, though when I see that I can tell as well, but to me, he has a very distinct face, something about his eyes, has since he was introduced to us, and his face has stood out to me ever since.

RE: Styx Pride - Tonpa - 09-04-2023

"Not far away, we heard contact calls from lions.  We looked up and saw the Styx Pride strolling across the open area, coming towards the leopard.  We have not seen the Styx Pride together with all members for some time, so we were keen to leave the leopard and follow the lions as they made their way through their territory to quench their thirst."

*This image is copyright of its original author

Guess there is a new Styx litter

RE: Styx Pride - Cath2020 - 09-04-2023

(09-04-2023, 07:52 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Not far away, we heard contact calls from lions.  We looked up and saw the Styx Pride strolling across the open area, coming towards the leopard.  We have not seen the Styx Pride together with all members for some time, so we were keen to leave the leopard and follow the lions as they made their way through their territory to quench their thirst."

Is the entire pride together now? or just the youngsters?  Is this lioness the Majing. daughter?  When did she start mating with the Gijima's?  Cubs already!

RE: Styx Pride - BA0701 - 09-04-2023

(09-04-2023, 07:52 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Not far away, we heard contact calls from lions.  We looked up and saw the Styx Pride strolling across the open area, coming towards the leopard.  We have not seen the Styx Pride together with all members for some time, so we were keen to leave the leopard and follow the lions as they made their way through their territory to quench their thirst."

Nevermind, @Cath2020 reminded me of it.

RE: Styx Pride - Tonpa - 09-04-2023

(09-04-2023, 08:11 PM)Cath2020 Wrote:

Is the entire pride together now? or just the youngsters?  Is this lioness the Majing. daughter?  When did she start mating with the Gijima's?  Cubs already!

Yeah Majingilane daughter with the milk pouches. I believe the current composition is 2 adult females, 5 sub-adult females and 1 sub-adult male. So 2 girls missing from the group pic.

RE: Styx Pride - Cath2020 - 09-05-2023

(09-04-2023, 08:23 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 08:11 PM)Cath2020 Wrote:

Yeah Majingilane daughter with the milk pouches. I believe the current composition is 2 adult females, 5 sub-adult females and 1 sub-adult male. So 2 girls missing from the group pic.

She clearly has already given birth.  I guess she's stashed them in Gijima territory?  Will be interesting to see those cubs, if they make it, in a month or so.  Seems like she and the other lioness has reunited with the subs, too.

RE: Styx Pride - Tr1x24 - 09-13-2023

Looks like all subs reunited, 5 females and 1 male:

I feared for subs after Gijimas takeover, but they are doing really good and are on a good track to reach adulthood.

I guess only thing which is uncertain, if they will reunite with 2 adult females (who have, or will have cubs soon) or if they will split and form new pride, lets hope they reunite.