WildFact
N'waswitshaka males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: N'waswitshaka males (/topic-n-waswitshaka-males)

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Gavskrr - 03-25-2023

Fortunately he shouldn't have been seriously injured, this is one of the few chances they would have missed since they have the numerical advantage, it's a good time to group up, even though they already lost a member that way

RE: N'waswitshaka males - BA0701 - 03-25-2023

(03-25-2023, 01:20 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Damn, prob caught by Gijimas? Or was it BDM? North or south? I hope he isn't seriously injured, the cubs have been born they can't afford to be down to 2 males.

Still it's probably good news he's roaring, it may mean he is fine. And we talk about their size ( I myself have talked about them being small ), but here he took on 2 males and is still roaring. Size probably doesn't mean that much indeed, these Ndhzengas have it in them to defend their territory.

I think the belief is two BDYMs, added to that I read earlier that the Gijimas had returned to the SP. Can you imagine if the Gijimas managed to single out another of a 4 member coalition, being two males, that would be crazy luck/bad luck. I think @Potato made a good point, when he mentioned that he's not submissive given his roaring, so as you said he might not be too badly injured. Hopefully not, there is a lot of cubs involved. A lot of moving parts here right now, hopefully we will get some clarity soon.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - DARK MANE - 03-25-2023

(03-25-2023, 12:38 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: TROUBLE NO LONGER ON THE HORIZON.   TROUBLE IS HERE!

ITS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING NEXT FEW DAYS.

Shit yaarrr..
No way..
These 3 boys need to stick together.
Amahle need to recover at any cost.
Lives of too many cubs are at stake

RE: N'waswitshaka males - T_Ferguson - 03-25-2023

How long have the N'Was had this sector?  It's still incredible for me to think this could end soon.  I mean, when you think you have 10 year old males to the south, 2 solo 10 year old males to the north, and a mostly wide open West, and the BDM's choose to go for Mala Mala.  Crazy.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Duco Ndona - 03-25-2023

About a year or so. I do t think they are going to lose it soon though. The biggest question is wheter there will be casualties.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - criollo2mil - 03-25-2023

(03-25-2023, 03:27 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: How long have the N'Was had this sector?  It's still incredible for me to think this could end soon.  I mean, when you think you have 10 year old males to the south, 2 solo 10 year old males to the north, and a mostly wide open West, and the BDM's choose to go for Mala Mala.  Crazy.

The takeover began November 2021.  So 16 months.   I wouldn’t be so quick to spell their doom.   I’d love to see amahle walking to assess any injuries.   If he recovers. I expect them to be quite successful in holding their ground versus two young inexperienced males.I think if he does indeed recover, it may be quite a mistake on the BDYMs part to not put him away

(03-25-2023, 03:48 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 03:27 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: How long have the N'Was had this sector?  It's still incredible for me to think this could end soon.  I mean, when you think you have 10 year old males to the south, 2 solo 10 year old males to the north, and a mostly wide open West, and the BDM's choose to go for Mala Mala.  Crazy.

The takeover began November 2021.  So 16 months.   I wouldn’t be so quick to spell their doom.   I’d love to see amahle walking to assess any injuries.   If he recovers. I expect them to be quite successful in holding their ground versus two young inexperienced males.I think if he does indeed recover, it may be quite a mistake on the BDYMs part to not put him away

It honestly seems like a ton of mistakes led to this in the first place.  Amahle being alone, and then if the BDM's were the ones that got him, not making it so he has no ability to roar like he is.  I agree, that roar sounds good, but I've watched lots of video of very damaged male lions still roaring like they are boss.  

The other point to make I guess is, that they said the BDM's were still very close, but what condition were they in?

RE: N'waswitshaka males - criollo2mil - 03-25-2023

Wounds on Amahle do not seem serious.  

(03-25-2023, 09:55 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Wounds on Amahle do not seem serious.  

So much relieving news.
Well , lion dynamics takes a 180° flip in whole reserve.
There was total chaos in western sector nov dec last year.
Just by elimination of nhenha, everything seems to get settled. 
Whereas under 4 strong ndhzenhas, eastern sector was considered safe and calm. Seems like it's also getting change

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tr1x24 - 03-25-2023

Ndhzengas regrouped :

Credits: Flipside Wildlife Photography

"Having re-gouped, the 3 dominate males were still roaring this morning and searching for the intruders who in turn were roaring back!"

*This image is copyright of its original author

Great to see Gore participating alongside his brothers on a territorial disputes vs other males.

As long as 3 stay together, chances that 2 BDM's will gain any advantages are very slim.

(03-25-2023, 03:28 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ndhzengas regrouped :

Credits: Flipside Wildlife Photography

"Having re-gouped, the 3 dominate males were still roaring this morning and searching for the intruders who in turn were roaring back!"

Great to see Gore participating alongside his brothers on a territorial disputes vs other males.

As long as 3 stay together, chances that 2 BDM's will gain any advantages are very slim.
Sigh of relief...
All 3 boys are together.
They are roaring back i.e confident.
BDMs are in no comparison of strength, size and experience to these 3.

In Avoca male group, it's posted that BDMs scare off Mohawk and Nkuhumas from a kill. 
So are these boys challenging Mohawk/ nkuhuma and ndhzenhas at same time??

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Duco Ndona - 03-25-2023

They have set up a little staging area between the two coalitions. From there they are prodding both groups to see which pride is the most feasible to take over.

The Ndhzenges showed to be able to fight and regrouped while Mohawk fled. So they will likely focus on the latter from now on. Though it is not impossible that the Ndhzengas will now take the fight to them.

(03-25-2023, 04:28 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They have set up a little staging area between the two coalitions. From there they are prodding both groups to see which pride is the most feasible to take over.

The Ndhzenges showed to be able to fight and regrouped while Mohawk fled. So they will likely focus on the latter from now on. Though it is not impossible that the Ndhzengas will now take the fight to them.

Haven't gotten confirmation, but pictures were posted this morning in Sabi Sands thread of the 3 N'dhzengas, and Amahle looks no worse for the wear.  I guess it depends on what actually happened last night, and if they pissed Amahle off enough to go get him some pound of flesh.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tr1x24 - 03-25-2023

(03-25-2023, 03:55 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: In Avoca male group, it's posted that BDMs scare off Mohawk and Nkuhumas from a kill. 
So are these boys challenging Mohawk/ nkuhuma and ndhzenhas at same time??

As @Duco Ndona said, for the couple of months now BDM's hang in that area between Ndhzengas and Mohawks "former" territory, so they are exploring what they can do here, in all directions (which prides/females they can aquire in the area).

Mohawk showed little to no resistence in the past few months (smart move, as he cant win 1 vs 2) and he in now retreating on every sight of BDM's, who freely roam his area, Mohawk is basically semi-nomad now, still hangs in his "territory" , but holds no power against BDM's.

Unlike Mohawk, Ndhzengas are showing resistence towards BDM's on their attempts to gain more land and aquire their Kambula females.

I made an map for example what is going on :

BD's are pretty much trying to establish themselves between 2 territories.

They are finding no resistance in Mohawks territory, but problem is that there is no avaiable females there, as Nkuhuma females with cubs are avoiding them (there was some report that Chela was once seen with them, but thats about it what they gained in that area for now).

Thats the reason why they are trying their luck south, to see if there is some females, looks like it was worth as they where seen with K6 infertile female, which might attract them towards south.