WildFact
The Birmingham Males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Birmingham Males (/topic-the-birmingham-males)

RE: The Birmingham Males - BA0701 - 04-12-2021

Appears N. Avoca's are wandering around the Kambula's, with Mowhawk chasing Nhena off of a breeding lioness. Seems Mowhawk was contact calling during the chase, so possibly wasn't by himself. But, I wonder if Tinyo would have reacted the same way.

RE: The Birmingham Males - T I N O - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 06:50 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Appears N. Avoca's are wandering around the Kambula's, with Mowhawk chasing Nhena off of a breeding lioness. Seems Mowhawk was contact calling during the chase, so possibly wasn't by himself. But, I wonder if Tinyo would have reacted the same way.

Only time will tell my friend, Nhenha was caught in the act  literally! The Avoca males were venturing into the Gowrie territory for a time ago and a few days ago Mohawk now seems to be the dominant Avoca male by far, He developed a stunning dark-mane and has grown in confidence a lot in the past months. Nhenha wasn't aware that Mohawk was on his own during the chase, so, he was really smart on run away.

RE: The Birmingham Males - BA0701 - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 06:56 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 06:50 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Appears N. Avoca's are wandering around the Kambula's, with Mowhawk chasing Nhena off of a breeding lioness. Seems Mowhawk was contact calling during the chase, so possibly wasn't by himself. But, I wonder if Tinyo would have reacted the same way.

Only time will tell my friend, Nhenha was caught in the act  literally! The Avoca males were venturing into the Gowrie territory for a time ago and a few days ago Mohawk now seems to be the dominant Avoca male by far, He developed a stunning dark-mane and has grown in confidence a lot in the past months. Nhenha wasn't aware that Mohawk was on his own during the chase, so, he was really smart on run away.

I have so much to catch up on, so many exciting and sad things happening.

RE: The Birmingham Males - T I N O - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 08:32 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 06:56 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

I have so much to catch up on, so many exciting and sad things happening.

That's true! Now, the Plains camp males were seen in Simbambili areae (Northern Sabi Sands) and the Avoca males in Arathusa Airstrip, Sabi Sands is getting interesting! I can't wait to see how all these lion interaction development.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Potato - 04-14-2021

Great tribute video to Birminghams

RE: The Birmingham Males - Tr1x24 - 04-21-2021

Found this great photo of 5 young Birminghams, prob in 2015 (dont know the author) :

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: The Birmingham Males - T I N O - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 08:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Found this great photo of 5 young Birminghams, prob in 2015 (dont know the author) :

It was taken on Cheetah Plains, What a good picture!

RE: The Birmingham Males - T I N O - 04-21-2021

Yesterday evening we completed drive with more questions about what would transpire last night! The 5 Birmingham males were within 1km of the Matimba males! Although it appears there was no conflict, it is only a matter of time
Photo credits goes to: Craig Hamilton
Cheetah Plains,March 2015

RE: The Birmingham Males - lionuk - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 09:57 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Yesterday evening we completed drive with more questions about what would transpire last night! The 5 Birmingham males were within 1km of the Matimba males! Although it appears there was no conflict, it is only a matter of time
Photo credits goes to: Craig Hamilton
Cheetah Plains,March 2015

RE: The Birmingham Males - Tr1x24 - 04-25-2021

Nhenha with "new look", with that lip :

Photo Credit : julesmccarty

RE: The Birmingham Males - T I N O - 04-25-2021

Recent sighting of the Birmingham male with his new big cut/wound in his lower-lip
Photo  credits goes to: The best tracker on Safari

RE: The Birmingham Males - BA0701 - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 03:08 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Recent sighting of the Birmingham male with his new big cut/wound in his lower-lip

Do we know who inflicted this damage onto him?

(04-25-2021, 03:46 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 03:08 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Recent sighting of the Birmingham male with his new big cut/wound in his lower-lip

As per the ranger, A warthog did this lip injury to Nhenha

RE: The Birmingham Males - BA0701 - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 04:03 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

Wow, no free meals in the wild.

(04-25-2021, 06:03 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 04:03 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

Wow, no free meals in the wild.
That's true my friend, each meal in the wild needs his effort, Nhenha did that!